dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Visa2017 said:

My case shows 'Case At NVC' once it's completed does it change to completed?

How do I know it's completed?

At nvc means its completed. Thats a CC ( case complete)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Visa2017 said:

That's weird tho because I have had this since I got the case number..

Is there a way to call and inquire about the case?

What options can I choose?

check online when u have filled up DS 260 and if its disappeared than its means you cc is done and you can also call nvc to confirm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
4 hours ago, Visa2017 said:

That's weird tho because I have had this since I got the case number..

Is there a way to call and inquire about the case?

What options can I choose?

If u did the 6 steps..submitted all the docs..paid the fees..nd r accepted...thats mean .case complete...if u didnt do nth yet. Means to u do noe

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

So I just found out I have temporary work visa to New Zealand accepted and will head over there in a few days. Just wanted to ask for a pivot case, when I go to embassy, do I really need original marriage certificate or is a certified copy enough? I have certified copy with me and as  I will go back to Estonia straight from New Zealand without visiting US, if the real original is needed, I will just have to bring it with me right now. 

I kind of am happy that I got the visa accepted, because that means I will have leisurely time until October to get through NVC process as I can't participate at the interview before anyways.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 hours ago, Elrona said:

So I just found out I have temporary work visa to New Zealand accepted and will head over there in a few days. Just wanted to ask for a pivot case, when I go to embassy, do I really need original marriage certificate or is a certified copy enough? I have certified copy with me and as  I will go back to Estonia straight from New Zealand without visiting US, if the real original is needed, I will just have to bring it with me right now. 

I kind of am happy that I got the visa accepted, because that means I will have leisurely time until October to get through NVC process as I can't participate at the interview before anyways.

Here it says it can be a certified copy. (Btw, in at least some counties in the US you never get the original copy of your marriage certificate and it stays with county records, so you only ever have a certified copy.) If it is a document from Estonia you can also look at the document finder (also in that link) to see what kinds of documents they accept. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html  Good luck and have a nice time in NZ!

Edited by lindinhos96

13 hours ago, Mr.AndMsJS said:

Hello
I have a question related to the affidavit of support.
Is the current individual income the amount entered on form W2?
If I send the last transcript do I need to send the W2 for second and third year? 
Thank you already for your answers.

IMG_20180622_224728.jpg

The current individual income is your prediction for 2018 income.. or expected income . 

when u submit your 2017 IRS transcript or federal income tax  include all 2017 w-2 .. 

no need to submit w-2 for the 2nd 3rd recent  year . 

1 hour ago, Sara3 said:

Hi guys  I'm trying to upload tax papers on the CEAC site and the file size needs to be 2mb. Any tips on how to upload the PDF file? Thank u 

you can reduce quality of scan to add more papers in single file.

for affidavit of support form you can e sign directly on form. it created small file compare to scan version.

for previous year taxes you can do transcript from IRS web site. you dont need w2 if it is tax transcript.

14 hours ago, Mr.AndMsJS said:

Hello
I have a question related to the affidavit of support.
Is the current individual income the amount entered on form W2?
If I send the last transcript do I need to send the W2 for second and third year? 
Thank you already for your answers.

IMG_20180622_224728.jpg

if you are giving them offical tax transcript you do not need all w2.

for current year u have to add all w2.

techincally, all they need is current year only. 

in affidavit of support form, it clearly says optional.

if you think it will help qualify more. Just like assets information, all optional if you dont have taxes done.

On 6/22/2018 at 4:08 PM, Mira R said:

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question: My case seems so complicated for me. I am married to US Citizen for over 2 years and we have a baby. We got married when we were in the US and I had to leave because of family emergency. I applied for asylum during my stay and left while it was in process. I didn't overstay illegally, only my concern is I returned to the country which I've shouldn't because of asylum. 

What is my chance to get my IR-1 visa approved. I am worry worried and we have been waiting for so long. P.S. My husband came to visit several times while we were apart. Our child is US Citizen, she got US Citizenship through my husband at local US Embassy.

like you said he never got illegal in USA. you should be fine at interview stage. just in case if officer deny visas they will give you form for filing waiver i601 form.  it does take about three to four months to process. 

I recommend you should start preparing for i601 as well from now. You will need good lawyer to prepare and file i601.

I know couple of ppl they have done it. 

dont worry u will be back is USA. 

one question : your entry was legal ??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
35 minutes ago, shan.ali2017 said:

i m isl embassy as well.

cc 6-15-`8 step son

cc 6-18-18 wife 

waiting for interview..

My cc is also 6/18. waiting Islamabad interview date. hoping to get it coming week Insha Allah.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,I try to fill out DS 261and 260 but I get confused who is principle applicant is it me or my wife oversees ,I am at usa have citizenship I am applying for my wife to get CR1 visa to come to usa.also,if I choose agent do I need to my wife email and mail address or just mine because she moving next month.thanks 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

not really seeing a answer for this but our case is now at nvc and I was told by the CO that I need to wait for my letter to come by mail.  I started the DS160 online.  Is that ok or am I really supposed to wait for that letter.  

K1 Visa         DENIED 

Service Center :    California Service  Center
Transferred?        No
Consulate :        Morocco
I-129F Sent :        2017-09-25
I-129F NOA1 :    2017-10-03
I-129F RFE(s) :    2018-04-02; 2018-05-08
RFE Reply(s) :    2018-04-25, 2018-05-22
I-129F NOA2 :    2018-06-04
NVC Received :    2018-06-21
Date Case #, IIN, 
and BIN assigned :    2018-06-21
NVC Left :        2018-07-10
Consulate Received :    2018-07-13
Packet 3 Received :    2018-07-31
Packet 3 Sent :    
Packet 4 Received :    
Interview Date :    2018-09-04    

CR1 Visa         APPROVED !!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.