dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Got a checklist today :(

We submitted May 26th and the checklist included:

-passport picture was wanted in a different orientation than uploaded

-part of the apostille also had an orientation issue so I basically uploaded one page twice with two different orientations now to cover both part on it

And then two points that now caused the case to be sent to a supervisor:

-police certificate supposedly had a part cut off which wasn't the case

-my husband's tax papers were all in one document, however they mentioned it but the AOS part was signed as completed so it didn't actually allow me to change anything anymore.

I am devastated and I really think there will never be an end to that....i feel like the next person reviewing it is gonna want it the way it originally has been sent in....I don't understand how they can not have a clear regulation on how the papers have to be submitted when uploading online. It makes Pivot cases almost more stressfull than non Pivot cause if they have the papers then they have it and if they want it turned around the physicallly turn it.... :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Crispyxx said:

-part of the apostille also had an orientation issue so I basically uploaded one page twice with two different orientations now to cover both part on it

-my husband's tax papers were all in one document, however they mentioned it but the AOS part was signed as completed so it didn't actually allow me to change anything anymore.

I am devastated and I really think there will never be an end to that....i feel like the next person reviewing it is gonna want it the way it originally has been sent in....I don't understand how they can not have a clear regulation on how the papers have to be submitted when uploading online. It makes Pivot cases almost more stressfull than non Pivot cause if they have the papers then they have it and if they want it turned around the physicallly turn it.... :(

I'm sorry to hear that.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Crispyxx said:

I'm  pivot case too, once called nvc & asked about passport pics. nvc rep stated they don't really need photo.. but I was required to upload. I'm wondering if not needed then why making people to re-send.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We rejoiced today! Just got the email and we've received our Case Number! Just shy of 4wks 😭

TSC Service Center

NOA 1: Sept 29, 2017

NOA 2: April 18, 2018

NVC Rec'd: May 16, 2018

Case #: June 14, 2018

Moving Forward ❤️

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Crispyxx said:

So sorry. I was devastated  when I received a checklist as well back in May (for passport bio page). They also left a note stating that the couldn’t accept all tax documents in one file yet they accepted it, so I called NVC and she said that it’s been accepted so to disregard the message and just bring all tax documents and W2 to the interview. 

There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to NVC. Hang in there. You’ll get though this!

Timeline
Just now, C.A.R. said:

So sorry. I was devastated  when I received a checklist as well back in May (for passport bio page). They also left a note stating that the couldn’t accept all tax documents in one file yet they accepted it, so I called NVC and she said that it’s been accepted so to disregard the message and just bring all tax documents and W2 to the interview. 

There is no rhyme or reason when it comes to NVC. Hang in there. You’ll get though this!

Well damn I guess I had the wrong person on the phone because she said 'If it states you have to resubmit the taxpapers then I am required to send it to the supervisor to try and see if he will then take the *completed* off and makes you resubmit it'

Which to me basically means...wait another 3-4 weeks for him to reopen the option of resubmitting and then after that wait another 3-4weeks for them to final review it.....-.-

And I even called them like ten times to triple and quadruple check to avoid a checklist. I am probably gonna call again tomorrow and just request talking to a supervisor right away!

Timeline
5 minutes ago, zdelshad said:

I'm  pivot case too, once called nvc & asked about passport pics. nvc rep stated they don't really need photo.. but I was required to upload. I'm wondering if not needed then why making people to re-send.

Yeah they really are something else. I mean they have literally told me on the phone that in the end it depends on who reviews your case and how exactly that person wants the documents

Timeline
Just now, Crispyxx said:

Well damn I guess I had the wrong person on the phone because she said 'If it states you have to resubmit the taxpapers then I am required to send it to the supervisor to try and see if he will then take the *completed* off and makes you resubmit it'

Which to me basically means...wait another 3-4 weeks for him to reopen the option of resubmitting and then after that wait another 3-4weeks for them to final review it.....-.-

And I even called them like ten times to triple and quadruple check to avoid a checklist. I am probably gonna call again tomorrow and just request talking to a supervisor right away!

How strange. I literally called and spoke to 3 different reps about the note and all 3 told me that once it’s been accepted that there’s nothing more for me to do and to just have the tax documents and w2 ready for the interview. 

I would definitely call again. Like I said there’s no rhyme or reason with this whole NVC process. It’s frustrating! Let me know what they say! Only thing I can think is that it’s case by case basis? Still makes zero sense.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, C.A.R. said:

How strange. I literally called and spoke to 3 different reps about the note and all 3 told me that once it’s been accepted that there’s nothing more for me to do and to just have the tax documents and w2 ready for the interview. 

I would definitely call again. Like I said there’s no rhyme or reason with this whole NVC process. It’s frustrating! Let me know what they say! Only thing I can think is that it’s case by case basis? Still makes zero sense.

It all depends who reviewing the documents. if the person having the good or bad day..  that would effect our cases. making us upset.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Estonia
Timeline

Gave a call today and still no case number. I honestly feel I am the only one here from March that is STILL waiting for the case number :cry:

This time for the first time they did ask for the beneficiary and petitioner name & date of birth so I am hoping its moving forward. When I asked if a supervisor is reviewing it, they did not confirm it. So maybe it was sent back from supervisor (or never got sent to supervisor in the first place).

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Elrona said:

Gave a call today and still no case number. I honestly feel I am the only one here from March that is STILL waiting for the case number :cry:

This time for the first time they did ask for the beneficiary and petitioner name & date of birth so I am hoping its moving forward. When I asked if a supervisor is reviewing it, they did not confirm it. So maybe it was sent back from supervisor (or never got sent to supervisor in the first place).

if they asking your personal info then yes, you should be getting ur case# soon.  Good luck

Timeline
12 minutes ago, C.A.R. said:

So I called again ( thanks to your reply!!!) And the person I had on the phone now apologized for his co-worker making a mistake like that and took the marking off which flagged our AOS part to be reviewed again. He said he thinks the person who reviewed the case sent the email out before reviewing the whole document and then probably realized that the information actually is there and then marked it as completed afterwards. He said not to worry. Completed is completed and all that is happening now is them reviewing the police certificate again and the passport picture which he checked for me too to make sure I did it right and then we should be good to go.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience which made me do this phone call. It saved my day!!! 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Crispyxx said:

So sorry to hear - I know how you feel. We had the same thing happening. Same comments regarding the tax documents but marked as "accepted" and yet received a checklist. It frustrating and one feels deflated...

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Crispyxx said:

So I called again ( thanks to your reply!!!) And the person I had on the phone now apologized for his co-worker making a mistake like that and took the marking off which flagged our AOS part to be reviewed again. He said he thinks the person who reviewed the case sent the email out before reviewing the whole document and then probably realized that the information actually is there and then marked it as completed afterwards. He said not to worry. Completed is completed and all that is happening now is them reviewing the police certificate again and the passport picture which he checked for me too to make sure I did it right and then we should be good to go.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience which made me do this phone call. It saved my day!!! 

Oh good. That happened to me yesterday as well... first three emails asked to resubmit documents and the forth one, stated the cc. This morning, however, we got another email asking us to add more so that the case can be further processed. We called again and apparently it is still good to go.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Crispyxx said:

Awesome!! So happy to hear that. One less thing for you to worry about. :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.