dwheels76

NVC Filers - June 2018

1,677 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Serrano101 said:

What number are you calling ? My husband is telling me he doesn’t get to chose an option just 1 for English 

Thanks in advance 

So sorry, I mean after pressing 1 for English, they will give you another set of options. If your case is Pivot, meanng your documents have to be uploaded and submitted electronically, then press option 5 ("if you're required to submit all documents via CEAC"). If yours is non-pivot, then press 2

1-603-334-0700

Edited by LadyTT357

29 minutes ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

603-334-0700 

Pick Option 1 for English Or Option 2 for Spanish.

THEN

Pick Option 2 for Non-Pivot case Or Option 5 for Pivot case.

All of this weeks i am calling either option one and once i called option 5. Still waiting for 6 weeks. I think non pivot case

We finally got our welcome letter (emailed) today!!!

NVC received our case on 5 Apr

So it's been just about 9 weeks. We can finally start the documents now.

Edit: Non-pivot

Edited by KrispyKringle

Our Journey

April 2013: Met in Nigeria through my cousin. Became friends!

September 2013: Met again in Nigeria

2013-2016: Long-distance friendship

May 2016: Met again in Nigeria. We became a couple!

April 2017: Met again in Nigeria. Engaged!!

August 2017: Traditional wedding ceremony in Nigeria!

September 2017: Religious and official wedding ceremony in Nigeria!

March 2018-April 2018: Met again in Nigeria. Honeymoon!

September 22, 2017: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

September 29, 2017: Received electronic NOA1, file routed to TSC (priority date September 27th)

October 8, 2017: Received hardcopy NOA1

March 20, 2018: Received electronic NOA2

March 29, 2018: Case sent to NVC

March 31, 2018: Received hardcopy NOA2

April 5, 2018: NVC received case

June 6, 2018: Case number assigned and AOS bill received

June 6, 2018: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

June 9, 2018: IV bill received and IV fee paid

June 29, 2018:  Mailed AOS & IV packages 

August 13, 2018: Case Complete! 

August 14, 2018: Received appointment letter

September 6, 2018: Visa interview... visa approved!!

23 minutes ago, Patrick008 said:

NVC Received 4/10/2018. Over 8 weeks and still waiting for case number. 

On the other hand Nebraska only took 188 days, so I guess I'm lucky?

mines was 4/11 and also waiting ! non pivot

Hi guys,

I’ve been following the forums for some time now on this site without signing up. Today I decided to sign up to maybe help others and in turn get some help!

Ive updated my timeline with as much info as I currently have... I was surprised when I was reading some of the threads about wait times as I received my case number 6 weeks and 1 day after NVC received our case - pretty sure it was just sheer luck.

I can also confirm that UK is PIVOT (which I’m guessing must be a recent change as some in past months have been non-PIVOT)

One question which I do have is that when my husband was scanning his AOS, it didn’t all fit in one file. It was split into 4 files and he added 3 as additional documents - will this affect us getting a CC? Or would we be likely to get a checklist?

Update:

Got my case number email this evening and immediately filled out the DS-261 online and then paid the AOS fee.

Waiting for that payment to clear so I can pay the IV fee.

Our Journey

April 2013: Met in Nigeria through my cousin. Became friends!

September 2013: Met again in Nigeria

2013-2016: Long-distance friendship

May 2016: Met again in Nigeria. We became a couple!

April 2017: Met again in Nigeria. Engaged!!

August 2017: Traditional wedding ceremony in Nigeria!

September 2017: Religious and official wedding ceremony in Nigeria!

March 2018-April 2018: Met again in Nigeria. Honeymoon!

September 22, 2017: Mailed I-130 to Chicago

September 29, 2017: Received electronic NOA1, file routed to TSC (priority date September 27th)

October 8, 2017: Received hardcopy NOA1

March 20, 2018: Received electronic NOA2

March 29, 2018: Case sent to NVC

March 31, 2018: Received hardcopy NOA2

April 5, 2018: NVC received case

June 6, 2018: Case number assigned and AOS bill received

June 6, 2018: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

June 9, 2018: IV bill received and IV fee paid

June 29, 2018:  Mailed AOS & IV packages 

August 13, 2018: Case Complete! 

August 14, 2018: Received appointment letter

September 6, 2018: Visa interview... visa approved!!

8 hours ago, Dagar said:

Thank you. You are right. I called yesterday and they confirmed with me the agent information for ds261 that i sent. She told me waiting for a week to make the payment. Im checking the website every hour jajajaja. My case is not pivot. Thank you very mucho por your advise. 

Please help. When do I have to submitt my DS261? I submitt all my I130 paperwork by mail I think I am pivot case 

16 hours ago, R&OC said:

Quick question to everyone - do we get checklists for international birth certificates? What are the requirements for the birth certificate?

I heard from someone getting a checklist for an international birth certificate rather than the original (but in German language) issued birth certificate.

Check Here https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html

I found this wensite on the NVC 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/the-immigrant-visa-process/collect-and-submit-forms-and-documents-to-the-nvc/step-5-collect-supporting-documents.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

Hi guys, 

My husband was able to pay both AOS and IV fees without going through DS261. We’re a pivot case. NVC is sending us both (petitioner and beneficiary) emails. Anyone experienced the same? Is DS261 somehow an exemption if electronic processing is involve? 

23 minutes ago, Blueberry23 said:

Hi guys, 

My husband was able to pay both AOS and IV fees without going through DS261. We’re a pivot case. NVC is sending us both (petitioner and beneficiary) emails. Anyone experienced the same? Is DS261 somehow an exemption if electronic processing is involve? 

Same here. I paid both AOS and IV fees today. DS261 wasn't even an option when I logged into CEAC site this afternoon. 

Edited by ramesesthe2nd

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to the 2018 Waiting Games.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Blueberry23 said:

Hi guys, 

1 hour ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

Same here. I paid both AOS and IV fees today. DS261 wasn't even an option when I logged into CEAC site this afternoon. 

yes from what i have seen and read pivot cases do not do the ds 261

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
1 hour ago, ramesesthe2nd said:

12 minutes ago, kingandqueen said:

yes from what i have seen and read pivot cases do not do the ds 261

Thank you both for your responses! ☺️ All the best to us!🙏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.