Bethany123

Sending IV Packet Online - Photographs?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi everyone, 

I have uploaded everything I need for my IV packet on CEAC. The problem is that it shows a section where I need to upload photographs. I am assuming these are passport photos? But my understanding was that passport photos were only required for the interview, not the NVC stage. Anyway, it is not letting me submit the IV packet with anything "missing" - including these photographs. Should I get some passport photos and upload them? 

Thanks in advance. 

Bethany 

• Service Center: Nebraska Service Center
  • Consulate: Montreal, Canada
  • Marriage: 2017-05-08
  • i130 Sent: 2017-07-07
  • i130 NOA1: 2017-07-12
  • i130 NOA2: 2018-02-15
  • NVC Received: 2018-03-07
  • Case Number Received: 2018-05-10
  • Send AOS Package: 2018-05-23
  • Send IV Package: 2018-07-19
  • Case Completed at NVC: 2018-07-26
  • Interview Date: 2018-10-31 (approved!)
  • Visa in hand: 2018-11-05

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bethany123 said:

Hi everyone, 

I have uploaded everything I need for my IV packet on CEAC. The problem is that it shows a section where I need to upload photographs. I am assuming these are passport photos? But my understanding was that passport photos were only required for the interview, not the NVC stage. Anyway, it is not letting me submit the IV packet with anything "missing" - including these photographs. Should I get some passport photos and upload them? 

Thanks in advance. 

Bethany 

The foreign spouse living outside the USA only needs passport photos AT the NVC stage.  They were NOT needed with the petition except for the Petitioner's passport photos.  You will need two to four more in your personal possession for the medical exam and interview as well.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
1 hour ago, pushbrk said:

The foreign spouse living outside the USA only needs passport photos AT the NVC stage.  They were NOT needed with the petition except for the Petitioner's passport photos.  You will need two to four more in your personal possession for the medical exam and interview as well.

Okay, I was just wondering about the NVC stage. Thank you. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Bethany123 said:

Okay, I was just wondering about the NVC stage. Thank you. 

I realize that.  You had it backwards.  Now you know.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/30/2018 at 5:15 PM, pushbrk said:

They were NOT needed with the petition except for the Petitioner's passport photos.

I ran into this same problem trying to get our IV packet to submit. It wouldn't allow it without the photos, but everything I read said that photos were not needed at this stage. So I just included a copy of my foreign spouse's passport pics to get it to go through, since it was asking for them under her part. 

But I'm confused by your statement here. How did the OP have it backwards if it was requiring them? Was it correct to send pics of the foreign spouse (beneficiary) and not me (the US petitioner)?  

Timeline
6 hours ago, Courtney86 said:

I ran into this same problem trying to get our IV packet to submit. It wouldn't allow it without the photos, but everything I read said that photos were not needed at this stage. So I just included a copy of my foreign spouse's passport pics to get it to go through, since it was asking for them under her part. 

But I'm confused by your statement here. How did the OP have it backwards if it was requiring them? Was it correct to send pics of the foreign spouse (beneficiary) and not me (the US petitioner)?  

I think it's because he thought that I thought that passport photos weren't required for the petition. But, I was asking specifically about the NVC stage. Anyway, I uploaded my passport photos on CEAC and they accepted them and my case is complete now. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bethany123 said:

I think it's because he thought that I thought that passport photos weren't required for the petition. But, I was asking specifically about the NVC stage. Anyway, I uploaded my passport photos on CEAC and they accepted them and my case is complete now. 

Are you the Canadian beneficiary or the US petitioner? i.e. at the NVC stage did whose passport pictures did you upload? Try to check we did it right. 

Also, from your timeline it looks like you got CC in only 7 days (awesome!) Have you not received your interview date yet? 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Courtney86 said:

Are you the Canadian beneficiary or the US petitioner? i.e. at the NVC stage did whose passport pictures did you upload? Try to check we did it right. 

Also, from your timeline it looks like you got CC in only 7 days (awesome!) Have you not received your interview date yet? 

I'm the Canadian beneficiary. 

My case was complete about a week after I sent in the very last document. By then, all the other documents were accepted and approved because I had send them in a while ago.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bethany123 said:

I'm the Canadian beneficiary. 

My case was complete about a week after I sent in the very last document. By then, all the other documents were accepted and approved because I had send them in a while ago.

Cool, then we did the pics right :)

Good to know on your docs. We did it all at once so I'm guessing our wait time will be longer. Looking forward to seeing when you get your interview date!

Timeline
14 hours ago, Courtney86 said:

"With the petition", not "an NVC stage".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
20 hours ago, pushbrk said:

"With the petition", not "an NVC stage".

...except regardless of what is required with the petition,  it *did* require them at the NVC stage. It wouldn't let either of us submit our NVC docs without pictures. That's why I was confused (still am) by what you said. But either way, I sent them and it seems like we did it correctly. So all good. 

Timeline
57 minutes ago, Courtney86 said:

...except regardless of what is required with the petition,  it *did* require them at the NVC stage. It wouldn't let either of us submit our NVC docs without pictures. That's why I was confused (still am) by what you said. But either way, I sent them and it seems like we did it correctly. So all good. 

EXACTLY! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, Courtney86 said:

If you send something with the petition, that is only required at the NVC stage, it will need to be sent AGAIN to NVC.  So, it's like you never sent it already.  They want what THEY want, regardless of what is already in the file.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.