Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kate8kate0 said:

Oh I see.  I wonder why they didn’t do that for me. It’s really frustrating that the medical appointment email doesn’t explain what we need to do re varicella, or do they do anything re varicella, that’s the grey area! As always in immigration ! :)

And I explained this all to my family doctor

I did my medical....My doctor (whose office is just a 2 minute drive from my home btw!) only required TD, MMR, and Varicella vaccines. For varicella, he said he would take my word if I had chickenpox as a child. In any case I had taken all the vaccines listed on DOS website and had blood test showing immunity to varicella. 

32 minutes ago, GottaLoveCalif said:

I did my medical....My doctor (whose office is just a 2 minute drive from my home btw!) only required TD, MMR, and Varicella vaccines. For varicella, he said he would take my word if I had chickenpox as a child. In any case I had taken all the vaccines listed on DOS website and had blood test showing immunity to varicella. 

Yea we going docs again to request blood test re varicella, just in case. And btw Congrats on getting your interview date gottalovecali! And @vRace 

soooo nervous 😬 lol

2 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

Yea we going docs again to request blood test re varicella, just in case. And btw Congrats on getting your interview date gottalovecali! And @vRace 

soooo nervous 😬 lol

If you don't have the records, there is a blood test that will determine what all vaccines have you got. 

Show the list to your family doctor and he will write one for you.

Does anyone know if there is any "Name Change" document in Canada. My wife changed her last name to mine.

We have the notary attested document with the marriage certificate. Is that good enough?

If yes, does it have to be attested within 1 year ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, vRace said:

If you don't have the records, there is a blood test that will determine what all vaccines have you got. 

Does anyone know if there is any "Name Change" document in Canada. My wife changed her last name to mine.

We have the notary attested document with the marriage certificate. Is that good enough?

Yes you are right. It’s called titer test.

6 hours ago, vRace said:

Does anyone know about the "Name Change" Document for Canada?

19 hours ago, vRace said:

Does anyone know about the "Name Change" Document for Canada?

marriage certificate if a woman.  That's all you need to show you can use the married name. 

if a man you have to go to the court system, but double check on that. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

27 minutes ago, vRace said:

It's for my wife. She changed the last name to mine after marriage. 

Okay well all she needed to do that was the marriage certificate. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Hi all—

Just wanted to get advice from people who have had their interviews recently and received their passports back. My husband and I had our interview in Montreal on June 3 and as I had mentioned it was approved and we were handed the green “welcome to America” sheet and told our passports will be ready in 2 weeks max. It has now almost been 3 weeks and the CEAC status still shows administrative processing and no sight of our passports. We’ve been living in the US since 2016 on various non immigrant visas (TN, L1A, H1B) and had a valid 5 year H1-B when we went in for our interview. My question is do you think it’s worth requesting our passports back as clearly our file has been sent into some form of secondary security clearance? I read somewhere that once the immigrant visa is verbally approved, all other non immigrant US visas are canceled effective immediately, even if your case goes into secondary processing.

If someone has experienced this, please share your experience—we’re super concerned!

Thanks a lot 

10 hours ago, NB90 said:

Hi all—

Just wanted to get advice from people who have had their interviews recently and received their passports back. My husband and I had our interview in Montreal on June 3 and as I had mentioned it was approved and we were handed the green “welcome to America” sheet and told our passports will be ready in 2 weeks max. It has now almost been 3 weeks and the CEAC status still shows administrative processing and no sight of our passports. We’ve been living in the US since 2016 on various non immigrant visas (TN, L1A, H1B) and had a valid 5 year H1-B when we went in for our interview. My question is do you think it’s worth requesting our passports back as clearly our file has been sent into some form of secondary security clearance? I read somewhere that once the immigrant visa is verbally approved, all other non immigrant US visas are canceled effective immediately, even if your case goes into secondary processing.

If someone has experienced this, please share your experience—we’re super concerned!

Thanks a lot 

So sorry to hear this is happening to you. It happened to me last time I renewed H1b visa. The officer indicated that my VISA was approved but might be slow for visa issuing, but should expect it within a week. I ended up waiting for 4 weeks. I tried to contact the consulate but as you may guess it was useless. But I think you can still contact the consulate by email. You can also track status online. When the "last update" date change, you would just be a couple days away from ISSUE. Hope all is going well with you. Please keep us updated.

51 minutes ago, BurBur said:

So sorry to hear this is happening to you. It happened to me last time I renewed H1b visa. The officer indicated that my VISA was approved but might be slow for visa issuing, but should expect it within a week. I ended up waiting for 4 weeks. I tried to contact the consulate but as you may guess it was useless. But I think you can still contact the consulate by email. You can also track status online. When the "last update" date change, you would just be a couple days away from ISSUE. Hope all is going well with you. Please keep us updated.

Thank you so much @BurBur for your kind response! God must have heard all the prayers, thankfully almost after 15 days our status went from administrative processing directly to issued! We’re super happy and will be happier when we receive our passports in hand and make it back to NY.

appreciate your reassuring response :)

2 minutes ago, NB90 said:

Thank you so much @BurBur for your kind response! God must have heard all the prayers, thankfully almost after 15 days our status went from administrative processing directly to issued! We’re super happy and will be happier when we receive our passports in hand and make it back to NY.

appreciate your reassuring response :)

Fantastic! Have a safe trip home. So happy for you!

Bumped it up:

PhilCanUSRN        EB2                07-May                 16-Nov
Deztiny                   EB2                21-May                 26-Nov
CanMon                 EB2                 26-Jul                  29-Jan
Ratri                        EB2                 6-Aug                   05-Feb
vnca                        EB3                20-Aug                 15-Feb
Kapen                     EB3                 17-Sep                12-Mar
adison                    EB3                 20-Sep                 20-Mar
Shaki                      EB2                 10-Oct                  End March
ascb                       EB2                 11-Oct                  Early March
dskar                      EB2                 18-Oct                  March 20
Mr Jingles               ?                    18-Oct                  22-Mar
AshleyJill              EB3                  6-Nov                  22-Mar

HH2018                 EB2                   6-Dec                  Mid May

bkbk8                     EB2                   7-Dec                 15-April

GGM                       EB3                11-Dec                  Mid May

Mo85                      EB2                12-Dec                  Mid May

bellajio1                 EB2                16-Dec                  Mid June

SuperY                   EB3               03-Jan-19             Mid June

NB90                      EB3               27-Dec                   03-June

May2019               EB1               01-Feb-19             Mid June

lombardi                EB3              06-Feb-19              April 18

leopard11              EB3               06-Feb-19             23-May

VRace                     EB3               16-Feb-19            17-July

IK27                        EB2               26-Feb-19             16-July 

dnvnlee                  EB2               27-Feb-19             16-July

polar2018              EB2               28-Feb-19             19-July

GottaLoveCalif      EB2              14-Mar-19             26-July

BurBur                    EB2               17-Apr-19               Waiting

sadee                     EB3               17-Apr-19               Waiting

Shaik                      EB2               17-Apr-19               waiting......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.