Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, Kartinee23 said:

Hello! Do you think CR1/IR1 and EB interview waiting time are the same? Thank you so much! 

No, people from this thread has found out that CR/IR interview are scheduled much faster than EBs, at least the case at Montreal. You can check out dwheels76's spreadsheet here. Just search Canada. I'll say 1-2m wait.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, BurBur said:

No, people from this thread has found out that CR/IR interview are scheduled much faster than EBs, at least the case at Montreal. You can check out dwheels76's spreadsheet here. Just search Canada. I'll say 1-2m wait.

I’ve been checking that but I see rare applicants who completed their timelines for CR1/IR1. Thank you so much! 😊

Timeline
3 hours ago, GottaLoveCalif said:

Thanks a bunch! Got myself 2 trips to Van and MTL later this year ;) 

EB-3 application failed in 2019 (Ability to pay)

DV Winner: 2021EU00025XXX

On 3/6/2019 at 4:43 PM, ascb said:

I had my interview on Monday (March 4th), and received the passports back today (March 6th). Thanks to everyone that shared information, it made it much easier for us by knowing approximately what to expect. Below is information from our interview, and all the best to everyone that is yet to have theirs. I am happy to answer any other questions that anyone may have.

We reached at 08:20am for a 09:00am appointment, and waited about 2 hours for doc verification, and then about an hour for the interview. The interview itself was straightforward, maybe 15-20 minutes total with a good portion going towards oath, fingerprinting etc. As long as all our documents are in order, I think employment based folks are okay so hopefully that will calm some nerves (I know I was stressed out). The marriage ones OTOH they appear to grill more as 1 in 7 marriage visas are typically fraud as per DOS.

We had gone overprepared and the officer did not ask for degrees, tax returns etc. Questions were very basic, some of which were:

1. Who is petitioning you
  2. Have you worked for employer before (answer was NO, then explained how the offer came about)
  3. Any arrests, illegal activity etc.
  4. Where in USA will you live
  5. What’s your job title and duties
  6. Do you promise to work for employer once granted visa
  7. Have you every had difficulties entering USA or stayed or worked illegally in USA

By the time I got back to the hotel (courtyard Marriott, 3 minute walk, highly recommend it for the convenience), CEAC showed it as "Issued" and the notes said "Under Administrative processing". The next day (March 5th) at 09:00am, status remained "Issued", but the notes changed to "Final processing is complete and handed over to courier". Canadapost picked it up at 03:00pm on March 5th (got emails) and today (March 6th), I picked the passports with visas from the local post office.

Hope this helps. All the best to everyone!

Here you go

On 6/10/2019 at 3:26 PM, polar2018 said:

Hi everyone,

I have a question about employer letter. Does employer need to send the physical copy to me? Or I can print the scanned copy that I received through email? Is this letter need to be notarized or sign of HR director is ok?

Get the letter in word doc with Signature and print it off on a thick paper. DONE.

Not sure of the notarized part. But i doubt it

PhilCanUSRN        EB2                07-May                 16-Nov
Deztiny                   EB2                21-May                 26-Nov
CanMon                 EB2                 26-Jul                  29-Jan
Ratri                        EB2                 6-Aug                   05-Feb
vnca                        EB3                20-Aug                 15-Feb
Kapen                     EB3                 17-Sep                12-Mar
adison                    EB3                 20-Sep                 20-Mar
Shaki                      EB2                 10-Oct                  End March
ascb                       EB2                 11-Oct                  Early March
dskar                      EB2                 18-Oct                  March 20
Mr Jingles               ?                    18-Oct                  22-Mar
AshleyJill              EB3                  6-Nov                  22-Mar

HH2018                 EB2                   6-Dec                  Mid May

bkbk8                     EB2                   7-Dec                 15-April

GGM                       EB3                11-Dec                  Mid May

Mo85                      EB2                12-Dec                  Mid May

bellajio1                 EB2                16-Dec                  Mid June

SuperY                   EB3               03-Jan-19             Mid June

NB90                      EB3               27-Dec                   03-June

May2019               EB1               01-Feb-19             Mid June

lombardi                EB3              06-Feb-19              April 18

leopard11              EB3               06-Feb-19             23-May

VRace                     EB3               16-Feb-19            17-July

IK27                        EB2               26-Feb-19             16-July 

dnvnlee                  EB2               27-Feb-19             16-July

polar2018              EB2               28-Feb-19             19-July

GottaLoveCalif      EB2              14-Mar-19             26-July

BurBur                    EB2               17-Apr-19               Waiting

sadee                     EB3               17-Apr-19               Waiting.....

Shaik                      EB2               17-Apr-19               waiting......

Hi guys so I went to go get my vaccinations today MMR and DTaP. What is the actual  instructions for getting Varicella vaccine? rules state that you don’t need varicella vaccine if you have already had chickenpox; I used to live in England and I now live in Canada so I don’t have any medical records stating I had chickenpox.  I think it’s very rare that anyone would have a medical record that they had chicken pox as a child, even if they even went to GP/ family doc at that time.

The community health centre I went to today doesn’t do any kind of a serology blood testing.  Does the medical require you bring along blood testing/serology to prove you have had chickenpox or do they that there? 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

Hi guys so I went to go get my vaccinations today MMR and DTaP. What is the actual  instructions for getting Varicella vaccine? rules state that you don’t need varicella vaccine if you have already had chickenpox; I used to live in England and I now live in Canada so I don’t have any medical records stating I had chickenpox.  I think it’s very rare that anyone would have a medical record that they had chicken pox as a child, even if they even went to GP/ family doc at that time.

The community health centre I went to today doesn’t do any kind of a serology blood testing.  Does the medical require you bring along blood testing/serology to prove you have had chickenpox or do they that there? 

where did you take MMR vaccine? My family doctor gave DTAP but asked for blood test to check immunity of MMRV.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

I had it done at a vaccine clinic, not family doctor, family doctor refer you to community vaccine clinic anyways

My family doctor gave me DTAP. she told she will give MMR when she gets the result of MMRV immunity. MMRV test will also prove that I had chicken pox before.

14 minutes ago, polar2018 said:

My family doctor gave me DTAP. she told she will give MMR when she gets the result of MMRV immunity. MMRV test will also prove that I had chicken pox before.

Oh I see.  I wonder why they didn’t do that for me. It’s really frustrating that the medical appointment email doesn’t explain what we need to do re varicella, or do they do anything re varicella, that’s the grey area! As always in immigration ! :)

And I explained this all to my family doctor

Edited by Kate8kate0

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.