Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Kate8kate0 said:

I am hoping people haven’t abandoned this thread,  are you all still waiting for interviews or have had them? Meaning that the wait time of six months as much shorter!?  Please update guys!! 

Just looked at some previous post and looks like EB cases tend to get interview notice around day 6-8 of the month. Fingercrossed for the Jan CCs next week.

3 minutes ago, BurBur said:

Just looked at some previous post and looks like EB cases tend to get interview notice around day 6-8 of the month. Fingercrossed for the Jan CCs next week.

Nothing for me as yet as well. Got the CC email Jan 4th, but when I had called NVC they had confirmed the actual CC for me was Dec 27th—they just email out the confirmations a week post confirming completion of documents on their end. Hoping and praying I get to hear something next week! Will keep y’all posted if I do.

3 hours ago, NB90 said:

Nothing for me as yet as well. Got the CC email Jan 4th, but when I had called NVC they had confirmed the actual CC for me was Dec 27th—they just email out the confirmations a week post confirming completion of documents on their end. Hoping and praying I get to hear something next week! Will keep y’all posted if I do.

Am also praying and patiently waiting to receive the long awaited email by next week. Called NVC and I was told to wait  till the end of next week. They have started to give interview dates against June since last week for marriage purposes. I think employments category is not a priority for them.

11 hours ago, SuperY said:

Am also praying and patiently waiting to receive the long awaited email by next week. Called NVC and I was told to wait  till the end of next week. They have started to give interview dates against June since last week for marriage purposes. I think employments category is not a priority for them.

Did NVC specifically said that Jan CC will be booked in June?

hi everyone I am Dec 16 CC EB2 and until now I still have not received interview appointment, anyone in here with CC in Dec for Montreal and still waiting? I called NVC yesterday and was told that they do not know when interview will be nor can the predict any time, the only thing they said is that wait till end of the month because June interview have been scheduled end of April! I am shocked that how long it takes to get an interview at Montreal, my friend who applied after me already got his greencard 2 months ago but for us we are still waiting!

20 hours ago, bellajio1 said:

hi everyone I am Dec 16 CC EB2 and until now I still have not received interview appointment, anyone in here with CC in Dec for Montreal and still waiting? I called NVC yesterday and was told that they do not know when interview will be nor can the predict any time, the only thing they said is that wait till end of the month because June interview have been scheduled end of April! I am shocked that how long it takes to get an interview at Montreal, my friend who applied after me already got his greencard 2 months ago but for us we are still waiting!

PhilCanUSRN        EB2                07-May                 16-Nov
Deztiny                   EB2                21-May                 26-Nov
CanMon                 EB2                 26-Jul                  29-Jan
Ratri                        EB2                 6-Aug                   05-Feb
vnca                        EB3                20-Aug                 15-Feb
Kapen                     EB3                 17-Sep                12-Mar
adison                    EB3                 20-Sep                 20-Mar
Shaki                      EB2                 10-Oct                  End March
ascb                       EB2                 11-Oct                  Early March
dskar                      EB2                 18-Oct                  March 20
Mr Jingles               ?                    18-Oct                  22-Mar
AshleyJill               EB3                  6-Nov                  22-Mar

HH2018                 EB2                   6-Dec                  Mid May

bkbk8                     EB2                   7-Dec                 15-April

GGM                       EB3                11-Dec                  Mid May

Mo85                      EB2                12-Dec                  Mid May

bellajio1                  EB2                16-Dec                  Waiting 

SuperY                    EB3               03-Jan-19              Waiting

NB90                       EB3               04-Jan-19              Waiting

May2019                EB1               01-Feb-19              Waiting

lombardi                 EB3              06-Feb-19              April 18

leopard11              EB3               06-Feb-19             23-May

IK27                        EB2               26-Feb-19               Waiting

VRace                     EB3               26-Feb-19               Waiting 

polar2018              EB2               28-Feb-19               Waiting

GottaLoveCalif      EB2              14-Mar-19               Waiting

BurBur                    EB2               17-Apr-19               Waiting

Kate8kate0            EB3               Waiting                   Waiting....

1 hour ago, bellajio1 said:

Is Montreal pausing processing of employment based visa? There is no progress from last month!!!

Not quite. Based on the statistics, there were EB VISA issued at Montreal over last June, July, and August, though these numbers were indeed lower than other months. This is consistent with IR/CR visas over the summer, which means they do limit immigrant visas over the summer to clear non-immigrant backlogs. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

@bellajio1Based on your CC date I think you are next in line for interview date! Sit tight and give it a week as previously Montreal EB folks got their interview letter on the 6-9th day of the month. @SuperY @NB90 @May2019 @vRace @polar2018 @GottaLoveCalif @Kate8kate0 What I would encourage you guys to do is to continue to pressure NVC (email is the best, if you can get a house rep or senator that's even better) to NOT treat EB and FB cases differently in terms of interview scheduling. Limiting EB case interview slots does little to clear FB cases faster due to the small number of EB cases compared to the large number of FB cases. Plus, it's really unfair for the EB folks to be deprioritized (and wait 6-months) because, in the end, we all have a family (sometimes including US citizens) to take care of and we all want a career that fulfills. This is the message I'll send NVC shortly, then they'll respond heartlessly and then I'll keep trying until my little voice is heard (or when I get interview, lol). Please consider doing the same. Best luck to us all!

15 hours ago, BurBur said:

Not quite. Based on the statistics, there were EB VISA issued at Montreal over last June, July, and August, though these numbers were indeed lower than other months. This is consistent with IR/CR visas over the summer, which means they do limit immigrant visas over the summer to clear non-immigrant backlogs. https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

@bellajio1Based on your CC date I think you are next in line for interview date! Sit tight and give it a week as previously Montreal EB folks got their interview letter on the 6-9th day of the month. @SuperY @NB90 @May2019 @vRace @polar2018 @GottaLoveCalif @Kate8kate0 What I would encourage you guys to do is to continue to pressure NVC (email is the best, if you can get a house rep or senator that's even better) to NOT treat EB and FB cases differently in terms of interview scheduling. Limiting EB case interview slots does little to clear FB cases faster due to the small number of EB cases compared to the large number of FB cases. Plus, it's really unfair for the EB folks to be deprioritized (and wait 6-months) because, in the end, we all have a family (sometimes including US citizens) to take care of and we all want a career that fulfills. This is the message I'll send NVC shortly, then they'll respond heartlessly and then I'll keep trying until my little voice is heard (or when I get interview, lol). Please consider doing the same. Best luck to us all!

It is absolutely nothing about NVC, it is about the Consulate in Montreal that treats Employment based cases inferior to marriage based and anything else. Every month the consulate will send the list of interview spots for each type of case and NVC just fill them based on that availability. I am not sure why they clear marriage based up to April CC already but EB2 is not moving at all from Dec last year. Everyone should post on their facebook or send them email to pressure them to treat us more humanely. 

Edited by bellajio1

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, bellajio1 said:

It is absolutely nothing about NVC, it is about the Consulate in Montreal that treats Employment based cases inferior to marriage based and anything else. Every month the consulate will send the list of interview spots for each type of case and NVC just fill them based on that availability. I am not sure why they clear marriage based up to April CC already but EB2 is not moving at all from Dec last year. Everyone should post on their facebook or send them email to pressure them to treat us more humanely. 

Having been through the painful waiting game you all are currently experiencing, let me share some of my experiences:

Enlisting the help of your local Rep or Senator is pretty much useless and a waste of time.  Unless you have extenuating circumstances that would warrant and expedite, they can't do anything!  Trust me, I've tried.

What I would suggest, if you are working with a lawyer, is seeing if they can reach out to any of their Dept of State liaisons. It's NOT the NVC, but it's the Consulate and something needs to change because it is clear as day that they do not prioritize or care about employment based visa's when ours are just as important as family based ones. 

As a last resort, I would suggest going on Twitter.  The Montreal Consulate is on there and does pay attention to them.  I would also call out the Dept of State and any Senators or Reps that you feel care about immigration reform.  Don't disparage them, just state the facts.  Maybe it was coincidence, but I did this and within a week I got my interview date.

Good luck to those still waiting...

I just called NVC. They will be booking for June soon.

And i realized my CC date is 16 Feb and not 26 Feb.

PhilCanUSRN        EB2                07-May                 16-Nov
Deztiny                   EB2                21-May                 26-Nov
CanMon                 EB2                 26-Jul                  29-Jan
Ratri                        EB2                 6-Aug                   05-Feb
vnca                        EB3                20-Aug                 15-Feb
Kapen                     EB3                 17-Sep                12-Mar
adison                    EB3                 20-Sep                 20-Mar
Shaki                      EB2                 10-Oct                  End March
ascb                       EB2                 11-Oct                  Early March
dskar                      EB2                 18-Oct                  March 20
Mr Jingles               ?                    18-Oct                  22-Mar
AshleyJill               EB3                  6-Nov                  22-Mar

HH2018                 EB2                   6-Dec                  Mid May

bkbk8                     EB2                   7-Dec                 15-April

GGM                       EB3                11-Dec                  Mid May

Mo85                      EB2                12-Dec                  Mid May

bellajio1                  EB2                16-Dec                  Waiting 

SuperY                    EB3               03-Jan-19              Waiting

NB90                       EB3               04-Jan-19              Waiting

May2019                EB1               01-Feb-19              Waiting

lombardi                 EB3              06-Feb-19              April 18

leopard11              EB3               06-Feb-19             23-May

VRace                     EB2               16-Feb-19               Waiting

IK27                        EB3               26-Feb-19               Waiting 

polar2018              EB2               28-Feb-19               Waiting

GottaLoveCalif      EB2              14-Mar-19               Waiting

BurBur                    EB2               17-Apr-19               Waiting

Kate8kate0            EB3               Waiting                   Waiting....

Edited by vRace

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.