Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 hours ago, topman said:

@LMIV Please keep us posted if you hear anything this week.

I just looked at the EB tracker spreadsheet, and it looks like days to interview letter is estimated to be now 856 days (if you get interview this week). It will be the longest wait until now - 2 years and 4 months!

@topman will do!  Status is still at NVC atm.  

Edited by LMIV

Does anyone here know what is the mailing address for submission of civil docs to NVC for an EB2-NIW applicant?

Because we don't get that option of uploading the docs to CEAC as other categories do. Also do I have to just look at the NVC website on civil docs requirements to see which one I should mail, or should I wait to receive instructions on that from NVC after I have submitted my DS260? 

Thanks.

15 hours ago, immishok said:

Does anyone here know what is the mailing address for submission of civil docs to NVC for an EB2-NIW applicant?

Because we don't get that option of uploading the docs to CEAC as other categories do. Also do I have to just look at the NVC website on civil docs requirements to see which one I should mail, or should I wait to receive instructions on that from NVC after I have submitted my DS260? 

Thanks.

Definitely wait for instructions from NVC, they meticulously spell out what you need to do

3 minutes ago, Sunbr77 said:

Update July 28, 2022 at 1:54pm EDT

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in March 2020.

Obviously not concerned with EB backlog.

Well, the dates they mentioned for Family Preference aren't accurate either. According to the tracking sheet, people with DQ dates from August 2020 to December 2020 have received their ILs. 
Still upsetting. 

14 minutes ago, Sunbr77 said:

Update July 28, 2022 at 1:54pm EDT

https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in March 2020.

Obviously not concerned with EB backlog.

Just wondering why they don’t care about EB backlog.

36 minutes ago, Sunbr77 said:

They just changed the time stamp of the page. The time stamp of the actual updates itself seem to still be the old update from July 6.

As of July 6, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in May 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in July 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in March 2020”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
24 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

They just changed the time stamp of the page. The time stamp of the actual updates itself seem to still be the old update from July 6.

As of July 6, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in May 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified in July 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in March 2020”

I believe they updated the chart. 

image.png.41b57e28b51fe32e97241e573a3be2be.png

Montreal doesn't seem to process day-to-day info on the backlog for EB cases. However, this doesn’t necessarily mean it will be almost 2 more years for a case that was DQ in November/December 2021 but it is not a good indication as info from Montreal is opaque.  

Essentially, they have the full COVID backlog of almost 2 years of cases that were DQ in Nov/Dec 2021 which doesn't seem to make sense.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, VA21202 said:

So, does this mean that all the EB interview letters for this month is already sent out? Does MTL typically update status after all the IL's are done for the month? 

2 minutes ago, topman said:

So, does this mean that all the EB interview letters for this month is already sent out? Does MTL typically update status after all the IL's are done for the month? 

As @204 pointed out, this looks like more of an update on the operating status chart/table than anything specifically about the backlog and DQ dates itself.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.