Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2022 at 3:57 PM, 204 said:

I personally believe MTL post will deal with EB cases very soon; maybe next 2-3 months. 
As per tracking sheet, the post sent IL to FB cases DQ’ed on Dec. 2020. Please note the premises for sending an IL are 1). You’re DQ’ed. 2). Your PD is current. 
As far as I know, visa bulletin for FB have been stagnant for almost a year; so there shouldn’t be many cases that are eligible for IL after cases DQ’ed Dec. 2020. For example, my friend is F2B too with DQ date Apr. 2021 but her PD isn’t current yet. 
So, keep up the hopes. Massive amount of IL for EB will be coming soon! 
Cheers. 

Thanks, this is a really good point, that I haven't thought about!

As far as I can tell, Final Action Date for most of FB categories moved forward for less than 3 months in total, over the last and this fiscal year (since Oct. 2021; a total of 20 months)... vs. Dates for filing moved forward just shy of a year, so there will be a decent amount of people who aren't eligible for interviews... A side note, not a lot of people in the FB tracker has put their Priority Date down, so a bit hard to tell. 

This kinda slow movement is an insanity in itself, must be frustrating, on top of the fact that most people wait for 10 year or more for their PD to become current to begin with... Also, since the beginning of the pandemic, FB has dumped over a quarter of a million visa numbers on EB, so I guess if they want to prioritize FB for now, so be it. 

Hey Everyone, 

I wanted to ask two questions. There is no precise answer to these questions but I know some people have got a good intuition since they have been following the data on this for quite some time, so here it is:

1- For someone who is going to get DQ'd around Oct 2022 in the EB2 category, how long until they receive the IL ? A year from then like Oct 2023? Can anyone make a quick calculation and give an estimate (even if it's very rough), like a lower and upper bound. It would be much appreciated. 

2- Do you guys believe that all backlogs will be cleared by the end of 2022 and processing time will return to normal? And here normal means it should take ~3months from DQ to IL for an EB2.

P.S. A third question totally unrelated :D : 3- IS it true that the IV visa for EB2 usually has  maximum 6 months from issue date until expiry, or no, it is directly tied to the expiration date of the medical exam (which can be up to a year)?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 hours ago, immishok said:

P.S. A third question totally unrelated :D : 3- IS it true that the IV visa for EB2 usually has  maximum 6 months from issue date until expiry, or no, it is directly tied to the expiration date of the medical exam (which can be up to a year)?

Yes, the validity is tied to the medicals which is usually 6 months from the date of the medicals. I have never heard of one year, but I have heard of 2 months (in those cases where special tests were ordered).

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

@3LabMom: Did you hear anything regarding the notice you sent??

@F2J_March Nothing.  They have 11 days to respond to the notice.  The lawsuit is ready to go for first thing on the 18th.

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 7/1/2022 at 2:32 PM, 3LabMom said:

@CanadianMDAre there any issues with this as the O1-A is not designed as a dual intent visa?  I would also qualify as I have already proved this with the I-140 as well.

In the USCIS policy manual, O1A has the same language as the H1B regarding AOS, so it is "dual intent" for immigration purposes. However, the only drawback of the O1 compared to the H1B, is that you need AP approval prior to traveling with the O1A, unlike H1B which does not require AP.

Edited by CanadianMD

Timeline
On 7/2/2022 at 5:01 PM, immishok said:

Hey Everyone, 

I wanted to ask two questions. There is no precise answer to these questions but I know some people have got a good intuition since they have been following the data on this for quite some time, so here it is:

1- For someone who is going to get DQ'd around Oct 2022 in the EB2 category, how long until they receive the IL ? A year from then like Oct 2023? Can anyone make a quick calculation and give an estimate (even if it's very rough), like a lower and upper bound. It would be much appreciated. 

2- Do you guys believe that all backlogs will be cleared by the end of 2022 and processing time will return to normal? And here normal means it should take ~3months from DQ to IL for an EB2.

I would suggest planning for the worst, and anything earlier is a bonus. Based on current timeline, it will take 28 months from DQ to IL. So Oct 2022 DQ, means will receive IL in February 2025.

I don't think backlog will be cleared in 2022 (or even 2023).

Timeline
On 7/2/2022 at 2:46 PM, ALC said:

As far as I know the bar for O1A and EB1a is essentially the same, so easy to demonstrate you meet the threshold already if you have an approved EB1a I-140, and yes, all O visas are dual intent, just another set of $$$ and time spent... 

My EB1-b got denied, at Nebraska during the Trump years, otherwise would have been a slam dunk of a case as I was told by the lawyers, so settled for EB2-NIW, at Texas. 

Nebraska has higher standards for approval in EB1 petitions than Texas. I needed 500 citations for Texas EB-1A, or 1000 citations for Nebraska EB-1A, before my lawyers would consider offering their approval-or-refund service.

7 hours ago, CanadianMD said:

Nebraska has higher standards for approval in EB1 petitions than Texas. I needed 500 citations for Texas EB-1A, or 1000 citations for Nebraska EB-1A, before my lawyers would consider offering their approval-or-refund service.

Oooo, did you use We Greened/Chen & Associates as well?!

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
5 hours ago, farzady said:

any updates @LMIV? it is frustrating the stats are saying Montreal is back to normal for ILs on EB cases, but we didnt see any ILs for the group since May 10.

No update.  We've asked our lawyer to look into WTH is going on but I don't suspect they'll get much of answer.  Montreal never replied to our email from May.

Did we ever hear from @Sorrel on how the interview went?  Hope all went well!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.