Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, CaveMan2 said:

Unfortunately the US consulate in London has rejected my request to transfer. Even though I'm a British citizen, they rejected my transfer because I don't reside in the UK. I will speak to another attorney to see what options I have now that my expedite request and transfer requests have been denied. 

Are you able to rent a temporarily, cheap room or maybe use your parents / siblings address?

Edited by CanadianMD

Timeline

If a family applies for consular processing together under a self-petitioned category (EB1A or EB2 NIW), is it possible that the principal petitioner/beneficiary gets scheduled for interview and gets approved for the green card, while their spouse and children have not yet been scheduled / approved for green card?

11 minutes ago, CanadianMD said:

Are you able to rent a temporarily, cheap room or maybe use your parents / siblings address?

Interesting thought. My grandparents are permanent residents so I have an address I can use. I believe one would need to be a permanent resident (although that was not stated in London's reply) which would require me living there for some time. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, CaveMan2 said:

Interesting thought. My grandparents are permanent residents so I have an address I can use. I believe one would need to be a permanent resident (although that was not stated in London's reply) which would require me living there for some time. 

Aren't you a British citizen, or will you be a British PR? Would be good to double check how long one would have to be living there in order to qualify. In any case, it is difficult to enforce...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
17 minutes ago, CanadianMD said:

Aren't you a British citizen, or will you be a British PR? Would be good to double check how long one would have to be living there in order to qualify. In any case, it is difficult to enforce...

I think @caveman means someone permanently residing in the UK, not the immigration status of PR.

It may be tricky… may require some proof of address. 

if @CaveMan2 has some proof of address linked to their grandparents (such as bank account in the UK with that address), perhaps that would help… 

If the wait at London consulate is not long maybe @Caveman could consider temporarily “living” with their grandparents, getting proof of address (eg: driver’s licence, bank account)…. 

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

16 hours ago, LMIV said:

Thanks @VA21202.  I am still holding on to a glimmer of hope that by some miracle they fill a few open spots with EB in July...but yeah, looking like August for our next EB batch.  SO brutal.

The consulate usually updates their page in the beginning of the month, wonder what the delay here is, I hope they’re waiting to send out a few EB letters soon and then update it so they can finally change the “March 2020” to at least April 2020 after these 3 months! And also maybe true up the FB DQ date for those who got IL’s since it’s definitely not March 2020 this point (although even last month it had gotten to June/July 2020 but they still shared the March DQ date)

@LMIV Assuming your CEAC status is still At NVC?

Edited by VA21202

1 minute ago, From_CAN_2_US said:

It may be tricky… may require some proof of address. 

if @CaveMan2 has some proof of address linked to their grandparents (such as bank account in the UK with that address), perhaps that would help… 

If the wait at London consulate is not long maybe @Caveman could consider temporarily “living” with their grandparents, getting proof of address (eg: driver’s licence, bank account)…. 

Thanks for your thoughts. I will certainly look into all this! I know as a British citizen, I have a 'right of abode' in the UK. Moving for a short period may be an option. 

7 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

The consulate usually updates their page in the beginning of the month, wonder what the delay here is,

Apparently they updated it yesterday but the timestamp at the top still says May 4 so I didn’t read further. Just read the details below and the info is still inaccurate :( We know FB interviews were in the Aug-Oct range after yesterday’s batch. So yup, now on top of no information, there’s potentially inaccurate information coming in as well.

As of June 6, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in April 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified June 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in March 2020.”

Edited by VA21202

21 minutes ago, CanadianMD said:

Yes British citizen, but moved from UK 34 years ago. I just need to check how long is required to live there to demonstrate 'residing' in the UK. 

38 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

Apparently they updated it yesterday but the timestamp at the top still says May 4 so I didn’t read further. Just read the details below and the info is still inaccurate :( We know FB interviews were in the Aug-Oct range after yesterday’s batch. So yup, now on top of no information, there’s potentially inaccurate information coming in as well.

As of June 6, 2022, most Immediate Relative and fiancé(e) visa cases being scheduled for interview in Montreal were documentarily complete at the National Visa Center in April 2022;  most Family Preference cases scheduled for interview were documentarily qualified June 2020; and most Employment cases scheduled for interview were documentarily complete in March 2020.”

Hopeless! Bad move for EB.

I wonder if this is an issue to be brought to the media ie. Fox news. Fox news is great at pointing out deficiencies in the current administration's policies. Obviously illegal immigration remains a hot topic in the US, but there continue to be high numbers of illegal immigrants entering the US, whereas people using appropriate channels, who will be productive members of the US economy are waiting 26 months for an interview! 

Timeline
6 hours ago, CaveMan2 said:

I wonder if this is an issue to be brought to the media ie. Fox news. Fox news is great at pointing out deficiencies in the current administration's policies. Obviously illegal immigration remains a hot topic in the US, but there continue to be high numbers of illegal immigrants entering the US, whereas people using appropriate channels, who will be productive members of the US economy are waiting 26 months for an interview! 

When I was interviewing for a job, my employer was so surprised at the hoops we have to jump through for self-petitioned I-140s.

Told me it would have been easier and faster to pay a "coyote" to smuggle me across the border instead or claim asylum 😅

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
20 hours ago, VA21202 said:

The consulate usually updates their page in the beginning of the month, wonder what the delay here is, I hope they’re waiting to send out a few EB letters soon and then update it so they can finally change the “March 2020” to at least April 2020 after these 3 months! And also maybe true up the FB DQ date for those who got IL’s since it’s definitely not March 2020 this point (although even last month it had gotten to June/July 2020 but they still shared the March DQ date)

@LMIV Assuming your CEAC status is still At NVC?

Correct, still at NVC 😣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.