Canadianeh!

Montreal embassy EB-2 interview wait time

2,986 posts in this topic

58 minutes ago, David San said:

what is this 60 days letter? what info provide in that letter?

It’s a standard letter from NVC that pops up every 60 days which basically confirms that they’ve received your application and documents and haven’t done anything with it since MTL hasn’t scheduled any interviews…. and will send you another email every 60 days to inform you that they haven’t still done anything with it. 

Edited by VA21202

7 minutes ago, VA21202 said:

It’s a standard letter from NVC that pops up every 60 days which basically confirms that they’ve received your application and documents and haven’t done anything with it since MTL hasn’t scheduled any interviews…. and will send you another email every 60 days to inform you that they haven’t still done anything with it. 

Sounds lovely.

Filed: EB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Tony05 said:

EB category has a backlog of more than 26 months in Montreal now, so frustrating. 

Beyond frustrating!!  Especially since we seem to finally be near the front of the line of this ridiculous backlog and now they've put a hold on ILs for EB the past two months?!  So infuriating.

4 hours ago, can_do said:

So our car lease is nearly up and the landlord wants to sell the home we are in.

I'm thinking of buying an RV and moving to Montreal. Maybe they will notice what impact this is having on us... haha

Haha, maybe we'll do the same!  We wanted to give our landlords notice today and start planning our move back down to CA before school starts for the kids (we were there for 4 years pre-pandemic).  Super annoyed atm.

12 minutes ago, CaveMan2 said:

Expedite interview request was denied the day after it was received. No reason given. 

Is there a US consulate around with a reasonable wait time for Eb2? I've been told by my immigration attorney to consider another US consulate. 

Looks like every other consulate is faster than Montreal on EB.

Edited by Tony05

19 minutes ago, CaveMan2 said:

Expedite interview request was denied the day after it was received. No reason given. 

Is there a US consulate around with a reasonable wait time for Eb2? I've been told by my immigration attorney to consider another US consulate. 

I'm sorry to hear that. My understanding is that we cannot just pick any consulate in another country. There needs to be some ties to the consulate country, such as dual-citizen or permanent resident of the country, working in the country, etc. You could also consider adjustment of status (AOS) if you could move to US on a work visa such as H1B.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.