Numniuk

abusive spouse having friends harass ex's professional stuff

32 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Jojo92122 said:

If your wife came on a K-1 visa, you are the only one who can help her AOS.  Even if you divorce and she marries another USC husband, she can not AOS.  You are the only way for her to AOS.  She will get clued into this eventually.  Then, she is going to claim domestic abuse to file under the VAWA.  Protect yourself.  DO NOT PUT YOURSELF IN A POSITION WHERE YOU ARE ALONE WITH HER.  BE CAREFUL.  A false charge of domestic abuse will be worse than her harassing your ex-wife.  It could ruin you and affect your kids.

Can't emphasize how important this advice is.

1. Divorce your current wife NOW. To be honest I don't know why you haven't already. Staying married has put you in major risk, especially since AoS has not been filed. She cannot file AoS if you divorce her NOW.

2. Do not ever ever ever ever ever talk to her or see her. If SHE tries to contact YOU, write down the date, time, location and what was said. 

3. Divorce her now.

2 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

Can't emphasize how important this advice is.

1. Divorce your current wife NOW. To be honest I don't know why you haven't already. Staying married has put you in major risk, especially since AoS has not been filed. She cannot file AoS if you divorce her NOW.

2. Do not ever ever ever ever ever talk to her or see her. If SHE tries to contact YOU, write down the date, time, location and what was said. 

3. Divorce her now.

1 - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ need a lot of it to divorce found attorney for a couple of hundred but since wife and her friends not giving her current address, have to do a publication in newspapers or judges will not grant divorce. will take me many months to save, and no got no friends or family to get money from

2 - she sent two emails even though restraining order in affect until july and i only sent one asking for address directly from her but no reply on it from her

3 - see #1

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Numniuk said:

1 - $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ need a lot of it to divorce found attorney for a couple of hundred but since wife and her friends not giving her current address, have to do a publication in newspapers or judges will not grant divorce. will take me many months to save, and no got no friends or family to get money from

2 - she sent two emails even though restraining order in affect until july and i only sent one asking for address directly from her but no reply on it from her

3 - see #1

Find the money, and I'm not positive but I don't think you need anything from her to divorce her. 

15 minutes ago, Numniuk said:

3 - see #1

I admittedly am fairly ignorant on the process of divorce so apologies for not taking the costs into account. The only thing left to do then is to save up and get the process started. I'd suggest AT LEAST doing a publication to have proof you made substantial effort to locate your spouse. It's also been 2 years since she entered on her K1 and no AoS has been filed. She is most certainly out of status now but most likely won't be a target for ICE as they have more serious offenders to keep them busy. If she weren't engaging in dangerous and criminal behavior, I would suggest reaching out to her family and friends in her home country to locate her but this seems like a bad idea. The more distance you create, the better. DO NOT reach out to her anymore.

Edited by mushroomspore

1 hour ago, mushroomspore said:

I admittedly am fairly ignorant on the process of divorce so apologies for not taking the costs into account. The only thing left to do then is to save up and get the process started. I'd suggest AT LEAST doing a publication to have proof you made substantial effort to locate your spouse. It's also been 2 years since she entered on her K1 and no AoS has been filed. She is most certainly out of status now but most likely won't be a target for ICE as they have more serious offenders to keep them busy. If she weren't engaging in dangerous and criminal behavior, I would suggest reaching out to her family and friends in her home country to locate her but this seems like a bad idea. The more distance you create, the better. DO NOT reach out to her anymore.

I have tried but she made sure to have people either ignore me or claim (truth or not) that they not know where she is or that they still talk with her. However, she did find out I contacted some people, so someone of her friends is also in contact with her.

look up self filing divorce for your state, in Ohio it took me 45 days and $450 then it was complete. It was truly a simple task

On 5/23/2018 at 1:08 PM, Numniuk said:

she sent two emails even though restraining order in affect until july and i only sent one asking for address directly from her but no reply on it from her

Why you didn’t report her for violating the restraining order is beyond me, you have now also violated it and she could report you if she felt the need.

K-1 Met:2002 Dating :2003 I-129F Sent : 2013-06-01 I-129F NOA2 : 2013-08-20 Medical: 2013-12-20 Interview Date : 2014-01-22 POE: 2014-02-19 Wedding: 2014-03-18

AOS/EAD Date Filed : 2014-04-04 BioAppt: 2014-05-13 EAD in Production: 2014-07-08 Interview date: 2014-07-14 Green Card received: 2014-07-19

ROC Date Filed: 2016-04-26 Cheque Cashed: 2016-05-10 NOA1: 2016-04-28 Biometrics: 2016-06-30 Approved: 11-08-2016 Green Card Received: 11-18-2016

Citizenship Date Filed: 2017-04-18 Cheque Cashed: 2017-04-24- NOA1:2017-04-21  Biometrics: 2017-05-19 Inline: 2017-07-12 Interview Date: 2018-02-13 Oath: 2018-03-15

2 hours ago, Illiria said:

Why you didn’t report her for violating the restraining order is beyond me, you have now also violated it and she could report you if she felt the need.

i never felt being cruel like that since her emails were just one, missing me and two, asking why i needed her address (when someone else was asking for me)

4 hours ago, Randyandyuni said:

look up self filing divorce for your state, in Ohio it took me 45 days and $450 then it was complete. It was truly a simple task

believe me i have tried but it is very stressing to figure it all out and i still need the address per the courts

so i rather spend 400 on an attorney because i am still stuck having to later pay for a publication

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

i think divorces are/can be quick in texas (i seem to remember my half sister filing and being divorced -and then remarried- super fast). shes not there to fight you on it, so self file. pay for the newspaper publication. no need for an attorney. 

it sounds like this chick totally used you just to get here. im sorry :(  and now thinks she can get alimony. doesnt work that way ....

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

19 hours ago, debbiedoo said:

i think divorces are/can be quick in texas (i seem to remember my half sister filing and being divorced -and then remarried- super fast). shes not there to fight you on it, so self file. pay for the newspaper publication. no need for an attorney. 

it sounds like this chick totally used you just to get here. im sorry :(  and now thinks she can get alimony. doesnt work that way ....

i have to disagree because she knew i did not have money to live a life she was used to but she lvoed me enough to come here

just she could not handle still how life was here even thoughi explained so much to her

if i am wrong, only she and God knows her heart

On 5/24/2018 at 7:15 PM, Lemonslice said:

Maybe your ex wife could lend you some money to speed up the divorce?  

hahaha, good one but no

i give her what i can to help with our children

she has no money, which is why she trying to do this blogging stuff to make money while taking are of kids

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.