63 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 5/23/2018 at 5:32 PM, AnaUmo said:

On his immunization card you will see the dates of when he received the shots. Mine weren't up to date (Thanks a lot family <_<) so when I went to the doctor and showed him the card he gave me a run down of what I needed to get. I would advise just doing a simple doctor visit and having them go over his immunization for the ones he's not sure of. He can visit a local clinic if he wants to as well. It will show a series of shots and booster shots. Also, he has to get the exact shot that's specified. My doctor didn't have anymore DTP shots so he suggested substituting it with the DTap shot but when I did my medical they were very strict about the vaccines so I had to pay them for the DTP shot. Also after his medical he's going to get a sheet of paper that will like a new immunization card because once he leaves Jamaica he will need that as proof of his immunization shots instead of the little card you would get as a baby in Jamaica. He must keep that safe and secured and take it with him when he leaves the country.

Hey Ana, Good Morning!

We heard back from Andrew's Memorial yesterday and the medical exam is scheduled for May 31. So it means the embassy probably won't receive his medical exam by the time of the interview 😩 and we indicated in the medical exam inquiry that he lives in Hanover smh. Now that we have the confirmation for it, my fiancé is worried about going all the way to Kingston and them turning him around because he won't have the "packet 3 instructions" that they're asking for in the list of documents he's bringing and when we go to the interview. I emailed the embassy again last night in hopes that they will email us the instructions, but I'm wondering if it even matters at this point. I would hate for the drive to Kingston to be a waste,  but I also feel like we won't know if it works until he tries. Did they have any issues with you bringing just the print out of the confirmation email you received when you booked your interview appointment?

Timeline
3 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

Hey Ana, Good Morning!

We heard back from Andrew's Memorial yesterday and the medical exam is scheduled for May 31. So it means the embassy probably won't receive his medical exam by the time of the interview 😩 and we indicated in the medical exam inquiry that he lives in Hanover smh. Now that we have the confirmation for it, my fiancé is worried about going all the way to Kingston and them turning him around because he won't have the "packet 3 instructions" that they're asking for in the list of documents he's bringing and when we go to the interview. I emailed the embassy again last night in hopes that they will email us the instructions, but I'm wondering if it even matters at this point. I would hate for the drive to Kingston to be a waste,  but I also feel like we won't know if it works until he tries. Did they have any issues with you bringing just the print out of the confirmation email you received when you booked your interview appointment?

May 31? Hmmmm I hate to say I told you so but it's ok! That is mostly likely not going to be enough time for the medical to get to the embassy but fingers crossed plus  at the end of the interview they will not deny your visa for it. If his medical is not there yet but he is approved he will be told that he has been approved but they are still awaiting his medical exam results from the hospital and once they receive it they'll finish processing his visa but until then he will be in AP. Tell him that I promise that he can stop worrying about receiving "packet 3". As long as the status on the website says "Ready" you guys are in the clear. I never received a response from the embassy with the instructions. What he needs to do is print his confirmation letter and his interview appointment letter. The person at the front desk for the US medical exam area will check the appointment letter and ask you to fill out the medical exam form. It's a painless process and they won't turn you back as long you already paid for your interview and you showed them proof :).

Edited by AnaUmo

tumblr_mvt3bpKsUQ1r02cm5o1_500.gif.904f0ac1441f847c175026508fe80090.gif

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Jamaica
I-129F Sent : 2017-10-02
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-10-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-04-02
NVC Received : 2018-04-16
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-04-17
NVC Left : 2018-04-19
Consulate Received : 2018-04-20
Packet 3 Received : 2018-04-23
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-04-23
Packet 4 Received : 2018-04-25
Interview Date : 2018-05-11
Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2018-05-22
US Entry : 2018-06-02

Processing
Estimates/Stats :
Your I-129f was approved in 179 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 218 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

fTW6m5.pngJXILm5.pngPh69m5.pngMRhDm5.png

yQdym5.pngTwfwm5.pngESkzm5.png

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Timeline
4 hours ago, JDK2018 said:

Hey Ana, Good Morning!

Btw where are you seeing that you're being asked for "packet 3" instructions for the interview? This can easily be misunderstood. They mean he needs to bring the items listed for packet 3 which we outlined earlier and for his medical exam there's a list of items he should bring which should have been send via email as his exam confirmation email:

• Completed medical history form (this should be attached to the confirmation email) - [Mine not attached but I was able to complete the document at the hospital]
• Embassy appointment letter - [Print the details of the appointment for the interview at the embassy]
• Passport
• Four identical passport-sized photographs
• Intended address in the USA
• All medications or prescriptions being used
• Medical reports for any major/chronic illnesses
• Immunization or vaccine records
• Medical fee (as stated on the US medical website)
• Additional funds for vaccines or other any tests requested by the doctor ($20,000- $35,000 JMD
per person)
• Eyeglasses (if applicable)
• Women should also bring the dates of birth of all their biological children

When you fall for someone with all your heart you just want to be together forever, right?

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

After USCIS approves the petition, it is sent to the National Visa Center (NVC). The NVC will assign you a case number and send your petition to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate where your fiancé(e) lives.

The NVC will mail/email you a letter when it sends your fiancé(e) case to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Once you receive this letter, inform your fiancé(e) to take the below-listed actions to apply for a K-1 visa and prepare for the interview. 

HTTP3d3dy5qZWxseW11ZmZpbi5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2lfbG92ZV95b3UvaW1hZ2VzLzAwMDAxY3V0ZWh1Zy5naWYlog.gif.38ae2915098c42b8ea1d9c13717a0cb8.gif

Timeline
20 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

Btw where are you seeing that you're being asked for "packet 3" instructions for the interview? This can easily be misunderstood. They mean he needs to bring the items listed for packet 3 which we outlined earlier and for his medical exam there's a list of items he should bring which should have been send via email as his exam confirmation email:

• Completed medical history form (this should be attached to the confirmation email) - [Mine not attached but I was able to complete the document at the hospital]
• Embassy appointment letter - [Print the details of the appointment for the interview at the embassy]
• Passport
• Four identical passport-sized photographs
• Intended address in the USA
• All medications or prescriptions being used
• Medical reports for any major/chronic illnesses
• Immunization or vaccine records
• Medical fee (as stated on the US medical website)
• Additional funds for vaccines or other any tests requested by the doctor ($20,000- $35,000 JMD
per person)
• Eyeglasses (if applicable)
• Women should also bring the dates of birth of all their biological children

Thanks, I know we were hardheaded. I think I'm going to try to explain to the officer about the time conflicts in my schedule to be able to attend the interview with way and hope they give us some type of leeway but at this point its either now or never :/. The email we received from the medical exam lists to bring the following:

Dear Applicant,
This is a confirmation of your US Medical appointment at the Andrews Memorial Hospital. Thank you for scheduling your appointment with us.
Your appointment date is:  May 31,2018
Your registration time begins at:  8am
You will need to take the following:
·         The interview letter from the US Consulate
·         The confirmation letter, if it is a K1 or fiancé visa
·         4 identical passport sized photographs. Please write your first and last name on the back of each photograph. (Pictures MUST NOT be stamped).
·         Passport, not expiring before the interview date
·         Completed medical history form (This form may be printed from our website)
·         Your medications AND most recent prescription, if applicable
·         Eyeglasses if worn
·         Immunization card or other vaccine records, if available.
·         Overseas address of where you will be living when you migrate (street number, street name, city, area code).
The cost of the medical is
$23 320 for persons 15 years and older
$8 850 for children 14 years and younger
We also recommend you budget an additional $20 000 to $30 000 per person to cover the costs of vaccines or any other additional tests you may be requested to do. Please note that all vaccines MUST be received at Andrews Memorial Hospital. 
Please have available in writing the complete address in the US that you intend to go to. This should include the apartment or lot number, street name, city, state and zip code.  Also, for all mothers, the date of birth of all your children.
You should also eat breakfast on the day of your medical appointment, and the duration of your medical process may last up to 4 to 5 hours.
Thank you,
Appointments Section                       
US Medical Department
Andrews Memorial Hospital

We never received an interview letter form the US consulate, that's the one he's worried about. From reviewing other posts on here, peopled indicated that the interview letter would be in this "packet 3" instructions list. So far we have all of the documents indicated in this list in the attachment I've provided. I went online and registered the appointment and the email we received from that website when I paid the visa fee. It confirms the visa fee was paid and the date of the interview. I was thinking that this would be proof as the interview letter, but it sounds like I did something wrong? Should I be emailing the embassy for an appointment letter instead of the "packet 3 instructions?"
Edited by JDK2018

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JDK2018 said:

Thanks, I know we were hardheaded. I think I'm going to try to explain to the officer about the time conflicts in my schedule to be able to attend the interview with way and hope they give us some type of leeway but at this point its either now or never :/. The email we received from the medical exam lists to bring the following:

Dear Applicant,
This is a confirmation of your US Medical appointment at the Andrews Memorial Hospital. Thank you for scheduling your appointment with us.
Your appointment date is:  May 31,2018
Your registration time begins at:  8am
You will need to take the following:
·         The interview letter from the US Consulate
·         The confirmation letter, if it is a K1 or fiancé visa
·         4 identical passport sized photographs. Please write your first and last name on the back of each photograph. (Pictures MUST NOT be stamped).
·         Passport, not expiring before the interview date
·         Completed medical history form (This form may be printed from our website)
·         Your medications AND most recent prescription, if applicable
·         Eyeglasses if worn
·         Immunization card or other vaccine records, if available.
·         Overseas address of where you will be living when you migrate (street number, street name, city, area code).
The cost of the medical is
$23 320 for persons 15 years and older
$8 850 for children 14 years and younger
We also recommend you budget an additional $20 000 to $30 000 per person to cover the costs of vaccines or any other additional tests you may be requested to do. Please note that all vaccines MUST be received at Andrews Memorial Hospital. 
Please have available in writing the complete address in the US that you intend to go to. This should include the apartment or lot number, street name, city, state and zip code.  Also, for all mothers, the date of birth of all your children.
You should also eat breakfast on the day of your medical appointment, and the duration of your medical process may last up to 4 to 5 hours.
Thank you,
Appointments Section                       
US Medical Department
Andrews Memorial Hospital

We never received an interview letter form the US consulate, that's the one he's worried about. From reviewing other posts on here, peopled indicated that the interview letter would be in this "packet 3" instructions list. So far we have all of the documents indicated in this list in the attachment I've provided. I went online and registered the appointment and the email we received from that website when I paid the visa fee. It confirms the visa fee was paid and the date of the interview. I was thinking that this would be proof as the interview letter, but it sounds like I did something wrong? Should I be emailing the embassy for an appointment letter instead of the "packet 3 instructions?"

Sorry, here's the link for the list of instructions, the PDF was too big lol U.S. Embassy Kingston

Timeline
3 minutes ago, JDK2018 said:

That's outdated :lol: People received an interview letter because they didn't setup their interviews online at that time. Now that you are using the online system you have to print the page after you pay for and set up your interview date. If you're worried about it still though then feel free to email the embassy though. Your interview letter is that same email you received as confirmation that you paid the fee so no worries you're correct :thumbs:

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
7 minutes ago, JDK2018 said:

Thanks, I know we were hardheaded. I think I'm going to try to explain to the officer about the time conflicts in my schedule to be able to attend the interview with way and hope they give us some type of leeway but at this point its either now or never :/.

You can explain it to the CO if you're asked but I don't think they will give you a hard time since they'll receive confirmation that you have done the medical already but it is not ready. Every CO is different but those that I met that day were not unreasonable so as long as you can provide an explanation that you wanted to be present for support then it fingers crossed it will be ok with the CO.

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
5 minutes ago, JDK2018 said:

Sorry, here's the link for the list of instructions, the PDF was too big lol U.S. Embassy Kingston

Yes, I'm familiar with this PDF. It is as I pointed out before the email you received after scheduling your interview is your appointment letter because now you set your own appointment. If your fiance is still worried and needs peace of mind you can contact the hospital for confirmation ^_^ (I did the same at the time to ensure I didn't mess up).

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
1 minute ago, AnaUmo said:

That's outdated :lol: People received an interview letter because they didn't setup their interviews online at that time. Now that you are using the online system you have to print the page after you pay for and set up your interview date. If you're worried about it still though then feel free to email the embassy though. Your interview letter is that same email you received as confirmation that you paid the fee so no worries you're correct :thumbs:

Ahhh, okay! Thank you for clarifying, I was so confused :blink:. The embassy has been so unresponsive at this point. I've emailed them twice already and my fiancé called them. They told him to check on line smh. So to confirm, the info below is the email he should print as proof of his Appointment Letter:

You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee. Here are the details of your transaction.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, along with the letter or email you received from the Consular Section.

For additional information on the Immigration Visa process and required documents, please refer to your letter or email or visit the Consular Section Website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/information/iv_overview.

Applicants

Applicant Name: XXX
Passport Number: XXX
Case Number: XXX
PIN: XXX
Payment Method: Pay by XXX
Amount Paid: XXX JMD
Transaction Date: 23 May, 2018
Consular Interview Date: 7 June, 2018, 10:00 EST
Consular Section Location: Kingston
Consular Section Address: Embassy of the United States of America Consular Section 142 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6,, JM

Courier Selection details

Courier: DHL
Branch name: DHL MONTEGOBAY
Address: 14 Sunset Blvd, Montego Bay, 0, JM

You only have until 07 June, 2018, 06:00 EST to change the location where your visa documents will be delivered. After the time indicated above, the option to change the courier location will be deactivated from your account and at this point no courier changes will be allowed.

Please gather the documents below for each applicant listed on this page and bring them to the consular interview.

General Required Documents - For All Visa Types

The following documents are required for all visa types:

1. Current Passport valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements.)
  2. All previous passports, especially those that show any international trips or previously issued visas to the United States.
  3. Confirmation and Instructions page printed from this website
  4. One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months. Further details regarding Department of State photo guidelines can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html.
  5. Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present a marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable.

If you are attending an appointment in person, you must bring original documents. If you are eligible to send your documents via courier, you must send your current valid passport and the prior passport containing the most recently issued U.S Visa (if applicable), as well as the DS-160 confirmation page and copies of any other supporting documents. Please see the section below for a list of supporting documents required for each visa type.

Best regards,

The CSRA Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

What is the "Along with the letter or email you received from the consular Section" mean?

Sorry I'm being a pain, but I really appreciate all of your help and insight. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

You can explain it to the CO if you're asked but I don't think they will give you a hard time since they'll receive confirmation that you have done the medical already but it is not ready. Every CO is different but those that I met that day were not unreasonable so as long as you can provide an explanation that you wanted to be present for support then it fingers crossed it will be ok with the CO.

Great, thank you so much! I'll have him print the medical exam confirmation too so that we can take it with us as proof, just in case they haven't gotten it yet and whatever they give him at the actual medical exam.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, AnaUmo said:

Yes, I'm familiar with this PDF. It is as I pointed out before the email you received after scheduling your interview is your appointment letter because now you set your own appointment. If your fiance is still worried and needs peace of mind you can contact the hospital for confirmation ^_^ (I did the same at the time to ensure I didn't mess up).

I'm so glad that I don't have to face this alone, you have truly been a blessing for us!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JDK2018 said:

Ahhh, okay! Thank you for clarifying, I was so confused :blink:. The embassy has been so unresponsive at this point. I've emailed them twice already and my fiancé called them. They told him to check on line smh. So to confirm, the info below is the email he should print as proof of his Appointment Letter:

You have successfully scheduled your appointment and paid the K Visa application fee. Here are the details of your transaction.

You must print this instruction page and bring it with you to your consular interview, along with the letter or email you received from the Consular Section.

For additional information on the Immigration Visa process and required documents, please refer to your letter or email or visit the Consular Section Website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/iv/information/iv_overview.

Applicants

Applicant Name: XXX
Passport Number: XXX
Case Number: XXX
PIN: XXX
Payment Method: Pay by XXX
Amount Paid: XXX JMD
Transaction Date: 23 May, 2018
Consular Interview Date: 7 June, 2018, 10:00 EST
Consular Section Location: Kingston
Consular Section Address: Embassy of the United States of America Consular Section 142 Old Hope Road, Kingston 6,, JM

Courier Selection details

Courier: DHL
Branch name: DHL MONTEGOBAY
Address: 14 Sunset Blvd, Montego Bay, 0, JM

You only have until 07 June, 2018, 06:00 EST to change the location where your visa documents will be delivered. After the time indicated above, the option to change the courier location will be deactivated from your account and at this point no courier changes will be allowed.

Please gather the documents below for each applicant listed on this page and bring them to the consular interview.

General Required Documents - For All Visa Types

The following documents are required for all visa types:

1. Current Passport valid for travel to the United States. The passport must be valid for at least six months beyond the period of stay in the United States (unless exempt by country-specific agreements.)
  2. All previous passports, especially those that show any international trips or previously issued visas to the United States.
  3. Confirmation and Instructions page printed from this website
  4. One 5 x 5 cm (2 x 2 inches) color photo taken within the last 6 months. Further details regarding Department of State photo guidelines can be found at: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/visa-information-resources/photos.html.
  5. Accompanying family members, unless entering the United States for another purpose, should present a marriage certificate (spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable.

If you are attending an appointment in person, you must bring original documents. If you are eligible to send your documents via courier, you must send your current valid passport and the prior passport containing the most recently issued U.S Visa (if applicable), as well as the DS-160 confirmation page and copies of any other supporting documents. Please see the section below for a list of supporting documents required for each visa type.

Best regards,

The CSRA Visa Appointment and Information Service Team

What is the "Along with the letter or email you received from the consular Section" mean?

Sorry I'm being a pain, but I really appreciate all of your help and insight. 

Yes, this is your interview appointment letter.

They're advising that you bring the confirmation letter that has the summary of your DS-160.

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
Just now, JDK2018 said:

I'm so glad that I don't have to face this alone, you have truly been a blessing for us!

It's no problem. I'm happy to help!

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Timeline
1 minute ago, AnaUmo said:

Yes, this is your interview appointment letter.

They're advising that you bring the confirmation letter that has the summary of your DS-160.

Yayyy!!! Okay! I'll have him print it for the medical exam. We only had it in our interview packet that we're bringing with us :rolleyes: aiyaiyai. I cannot wait for this process to be done and over with lol

Timeline
1 minute ago, JDK2018 said:

Yayyy!!! Okay! I'll have him print it for the medical exam. We only had it in our interview packet that we're bringing with us :rolleyes: aiyaiyai. I cannot wait for this process to be done and over with lol

It's almost over. Just a few more steps. This is the easy part though in my opinion.

Our K1 Journey: 

Spoiler
K1 Visa
Event Date
Transferred? No
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  

Processing
Estimates/Stats :

What to do after NOA2:

Spoiler

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.