mspiggy

Sending Money thru WU

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi all,

i have am clueless on what identification verification does Western Union require if I will sent money to the Philippines from US. My K1 Visa is expired and all i have is my passport. Will it be enough identification? Will I encounter some problems because my visa is expired? I will appreciate the inputs. Have a happy weekend.

I have sent money by Western Union for years and only provided them with my name and address and of course the information about who I was sending money to.  I never had a problem with identification but then I am a U.S. citizen.  I don't believe your status matters.  What Western Union is concerned about is who is sending, who is receiving and if you have enough cash for the transfer.  Your passport should be sufficient to send money to the Philippines.  I have sent money to Ukraine for many years without a problem, even after Russia started a war with Ukraine.

1 hour ago, 1HappyGuy said:

I have sent money by Western Union for years and only provided them with my name and address and of course the information about who I was sending money to.  I never had a problem with identification but then I am a U.S. citizen.  I don't believe your status matters.  What Western Union is concerned about is who is sending, who is receiving and if you have enough cash for the transfer.  Your passport should be sufficient to send money to the Philippines.  I have sent money to Ukraine for many years without a problem, even after Russia started a war with Ukraine.

Passport?  Western Union doesn't ask for any type of ID to send money. 

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

2 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

They do if you do it online alot of times. I know from first hand experience on that. 

7 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

They do if you do it online alot of times. I know from first hand experience on that. 

I have sent a lot of money in the past to different people, probably over 100 transaction, never been asked.

Online I have never tried, One time I looked at prices online it was like over twice as much

Edited by Chris Duffy

12 hours ago, mspiggy said:

hi all,

i have am clueless on what identification verification does Western Union require if I will sent money to the Philippines from US. My K1 Visa is expired and all i have is my passport. Will it be enough identification? Will I encounter some problems because my visa is expired? I will appreciate the inputs. Have a happy weekend.

The people I know who send money to Philippines give alias as name and addresses for safety issues

1 hour ago, Chris Duffy said:

I have sent a lot of money in the past to different people, probably over 100 transaction, never been asked.

Online I have never tried, One time I looked at prices online it was like over twice as much

Yeah they do that a lot of times if you send money online through WU and it is more expensive as well. The last time I used it online was the first time in like 3 years, but I sent money to a friend of mine in Dubai and they held it up for "security verification", so I had to send in a picture of license and verify that I know the receiver.

21 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

If you read the original post you will see how much that person was concerned.  My response was intended to alleviate her concerns.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 5/4/2018 at 6:47 AM, cyberfx1024 said:

I sent money to a friend of mine in Dubai and they held it up for "security verification", so I had to send in a picture of license and verify that I know the receiver.

you should be GLAD they do that. there are a lot of scammers taking advantage of people and WU is their method of choice.

I sent my fiance some money for an emergency via online and they did the same thing. And i THANKED the person who I spoke with. My fiance has sent money transfers from his bank and they asked HIM. He ALSO THANKED the person.

i 485, 130, EAD and AP

04/09/2019    NOA1 received/check cashed i 485 and 130 (direct adjustment)

11/7/2019      Interview- Norfolk

11/10/2019    APPROVED (notification rec'd 11/10, approval dated 11/8)

DONE FOR TWO YEARS!!! ;)

Filed everything ourselves with no RFE's or delays.

CR1 for Child under 21 (20 at time of filing)- Filed by LPR Spouse for his son

4/4/20     Mailed packet

4/12/20   NOA1 rec'd

10/14/21 (havent heard anything... when do i start to get worried?)

9/15/22 APPROVED! Now to wait for NVC and interview....

ROC

10/14/21 Mailed to AZ PO Box. Let the waiting begin. Again.

10/16/21 Received at PO Box

10/19/21 Received Text NOA1

10/23/21 Received Mailed NOA1

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have sent money using WU to many countries including philippines , online and offline, never got asked for ID... BUT.... if is more than $3000 then I needed to provide ss# but no id :o

I even send money to myself using online method when was in Philippines

On ‎5‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 8:17 PM, VanDerFran said:

I have sent money using WU to many countries including philippines , online and offline, never got asked for ID... BUT.... if is more than $3000 then I needed to provide ss# but no id :o
I even send money to myself using online method when was in Philippines

I guess I just get the bad end of the stick then because it is hit or miss with me with WU Online on wither they want me to show ID before they will fully process a transaction.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I guess I just get the bad end of the stick then because it is hit or miss with me with WU Online on wither they want me to show ID before they will fully process a transaction.

my WU Online is linked to a debt card and I do my transfers on my computer or phone, maybe we are not talking about the same thing.