Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About VanDerFran

  • Rank
  • Member # 64043
  • Location Miami, FL, USA

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • City
    Cooper City
  • State

Immigration Info

  • Immigration Status
    Adjustment of Status (pending)
  • Place benefits filed at
    Lewisville TX Lockbox
  • Local Office
    Miami FL
  • Country

Recent Profile Visitors

1,937 profile views
  1. This was informational folks. Here is our steps: Apply to AOS, AP and EA using married name 'FirstName MidleName MySurname' With Marriage Certificate try to change Social Security name Try to get a Drivers Permit whit whatever name she get on SS Try to get Drivers Licence with NOA from AOS (married name) Rename SS, DL, Bank account, credit card, etc if needed. Suggestions are welcome.
  2. The only confusing part is that I do not have a document to show the name change, and as I mention before the Marriage Certificate does not have the surname we wish change to.
  3. Precisely that was my question... in Florida present name on Married certificate is the same as the single name(or name before marriage, I should say). There is no document where a name change is printed.
  4. Hello guys, In the State of Florida a Marriage Certificate does not print the name the spouse or spouses wish to change to, it is up to each person to change where they want and when they want. like SSA, DMV, etc... So this make me question what Last Name to use on AOS, AP and EA forms (i.485, i.131, i.864 and i.765)? Any Florida filler and other state with similar situation ? Thanks
  5. After sending the missing document (child birth certificate on K1 visa) and passport directly to consulate, visa was ISSUED. Thanks for the support!
  6. No, it is was a K1, the child will follow later maybe with a K2 or some process depend on how late it will be.
  7. Hello, Does anybody knows the average for a 221(g) to be processed, child birth certificated was requested and was not available at the interview. also, What are the approve/denial chances with a 221(g) Thanks Van Der
  8. I wanted to go early and was cheaper to buy a one way instead of change
  9. I just got back from the Philippines 2 weeks ago using the return only, I end-up buying a one-way going to Cebu into a early date and ignored the first part of my round trip, I had no issues using the return only.
  10. Looking for recommendations for traveling to USA on a K1 visa. 1. Any problem, on flying with a less expensive airline ticket and landing(doing immigration) in a US State not being the state specified on the Visa request form? Fiance could go from Manila to Miami with one stop outside USA or a much less expensive two stop including one inside USA, like JFK, LAX, BOS or ATL? This will push immigration to be done on the 2nd stop instead of of final destination. 2. For the Airline ticket for a K1 visa is required to be a round-trip? 2.a If round-trip not required, did anyone ever try to buy a (less expensive one-way) USA-Manila-Manila-USA and use only the Manila-USA part ? 2.b.If round-trip not required, what is the time frame for the return ? Thanks.
  11. "Largest age gap I seen come through was 37 years.. they were approved." "they?", approval is not made by a team.... and yes one office may not like the idea of big age gap as the other may not like the idea of different religion.
  12. Cyberbro, I know it is hard to get the clear info from her, after the denial, but have her calm down, and help her remember all questions and how she did answer. You described a perfect scenario for a successful K1 visa, but again, what is the age gap, is your ex a pinay also, and related to your fiance, did you meet other girls on the 3 trips, does she or you have other K1 denied/withdraw before, who file for your divorce and why, any accusation of abuse, any court order/restriction. etc... Please dont take personal or offended, those are just questions that came to my head, knowing what was, will help you help you better prepare for the next step. Dont give up... it is just a bump in the road... you both will be here and happy. Van Der
  • Create New...