1,709 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
21 minutes ago, gawan said:

We received yesterday a biometric appointment on June 13 at 9:am in Denver  CO.  Before a view months,  we received a biometric waving letter. Is there anyone received a biometric letter after they have been waived to do it.

Thanks and good luck everyone. 

Yes, pretty much everyone who received a waiver earlier is now being asked to go in for biometrics.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
4 hours ago, Ash. said:

Every case differs. Biometrics isn't an indicator of approval. It just means that they need Biometrics to go onto the next step, be that approval or interview schedule. It's been about 50/50 for approvals after biometrics.

Thanks! I was getting ahead of myself. Based on some other posts I thought everyone who's getting a biometrics invite was being immediately approved.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
13 hours ago, ConiMoni said:

Hi All,

We received and email today morning from the account on the new USCIS website that action has been taken on our case. After logging in the new website, it says “New Card Is Being Produced”. On the old website the case status still does not work for us. Our case was filed at VSC.

Kind regards,

ConiMoni

Awesome news!!!!! 👏 

Timeline:

June 7th- Interview

Result- Approved but missing original birth certificate

June 7th- Mailed original birth certificate

June 8th- Offsite facility received original birth certificate

June 13th- Consulate received original birth certificate

June 29th- Requested for passport to travel

July 8th- Received passport

July 8th- (didnt need passport anymore) mailed it back to consulate

July 9th- Offsite facility received passport

July 13th- Consulate received passport

July 14th- Sent emails to inquire about case, was told to give them an additional 8 weeks from JULY 13th to process my visa :ranting: , immediately involved Congressman AND our Attorney sent letters mid-july/end of august

August 9th- Issued

August 10th- Received tracking number at 2pm

August 11th- Received Passport at 11am(Markham, ON)/Crossed border. at 7pm (Pearson Airport Toronto)

August 16th- Went to Social Security office, was told my card was mailed out August 15th and I was able to jot the SSN down (needed for work)

(For SSN, when i was completing the DOS-260, I requested for them to have my SSN processed)

August 25th- SSN came in the mail :D

October 16th, RECEIVED GREEN CARD IN THE MAIL.

Hi guys, 

I am so confused when you say you received biometrics appointment. Is biometrics different from fingerprints? My case is stuck on “As of February 27, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence”.  Does anyone has the same situation? My case is in California center and was received on 5/29/18. And I got I-797 on 06/14. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
1 minute ago, Positiveenergy said:

Hi guys, 

I am so confused when you say you received biometrics appointment. Is biometrics different from fingerprints? My case is stuck on “As of February 27, 2019, we completed our review of your fingerprints and are working on your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence”.  Does anyone has the same situation? My case is in California center and was received on 5/29/18. And I got I-797 on 06/14. 

Biometrics and fingerprints are the same.

13 hours ago, gawan said:

We received yesterday a biometric appointment on June 13 at 9:am in Denver  CO.  Before a view months,  we received a biometric waving letter. Is there anyone received a biometric letter after they have been waived to do it.

The same thing happened to me. I have my biometrics appointment next week. I think I might do a walk in today though because this waiting is not fun. The Detroit USCIS field office website says no walk ins though so does that mean i just have to wait until next week:(. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
16 hours ago, gawan said:

I got the same thing, last week I received a biometrics letter after getting a letter saying it was waved previously. It is actually today June 5th. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
19 minutes ago, OhmsHu said:

I got the same thing, last week I received a biometrics letter after getting a letter saying it was waved previously. It is actually today June 5th. 

We hope to get approved after we done the biometric.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just got the message that my card is being produced 

CSC filer 

:) 

USCIS:

FedEx overnight I-130: December 17, 2015
NOA1 hard copy received: January 1, 2016

NOA2 hard copy received: April 24, 2016
-------------------------------------------------------
NVC:

Case and IIN Assigned: May 4, 2016

Choice of Agent (DS-261): May 4, 2016

AOS Fee paid: May 4, 2016

IV Fee Paid: May 6, 2016

DS-260 Completed: May 14 , 2016

Case Complete : June 8,2016

-------------------------------------------------------

EMBASSY:

Medical Completed : July 22, 2016 review link

Interview : July 28, 2016 APPROVED !!!! review link

Visa issued : July 29, 2016

Visa in hand : August 3, 2016

POE : August 4, 2016 Montreal, Canada

224 days start to finish :dancing:

SSC in hand : August 15 , 2016

Green card : January 14th , 2017

-----------------------------------------------------------

ROC

packet sent : May 5, 2018

package received : May 7, 2018

Filed: F-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

Hi all,

My update,

Feb 28, 2019, biometric info waved, reuse fingerprints (new uscis site)

Jun 01, 2019, biometric apt NOA received

Jun 05, 2019, case transferred and new office has jurisdiction (old uscis site, first time update ever since submission)

Jun 12, 2019, biometric apt

Eli

16 hours ago, Mavin said:

Awesome news!!!!! 👏 

Congratulations! It's always great to hear this.

I have been wondering, though. What is this new site you speak of?

All the best to you and the rest of the May filers! We are 8/1.

💗

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.