442 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Just checked my case status online, it states - Your case is taking longer than expected.

I filed in May end 2018 and field office is san Fernando valley CA. Still no interview date.

On 4/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, frontgear said:

Here's hoping your husband will get his interview scheduled soon. We didn't expect ours until maybe August or September this year and bam, we got the interview notice. Took us by total surprise.

good luck tomorrow!

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

On 5/16/2019 at 1:03 PM, Ivansim said:

Just checked my case status online, it states - Your case is taking longer than expected.

I filed in May end 2018 and field office is san Fernando valley CA. Still no interview date.

mine is also SFV office.  I have July 2019 as my completion estimate, and 12 days for wait time as of today.  filed June 20, 2018.  

K1 Visa timeline:

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

6 hours ago, Tina and Johan said:

good luck tomorrow!

Thank you so much. We're about an hour away from the local USCIS office so we're about to head out there now.

Will report back!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
56 minutes ago, frontgear said:

Thank you so much. We're about an hour away from the local USCIS office so we're about to head out there now.

Will report back!

Good Luck. If I'm not mistaken your USCIS office is Houston, right?

9 hours ago, natvyas said:

Good Luck. If I'm not mistaken your USCIS office is Houston, right?

Thank you so much! My wife's ROC was approved and she passed the citizenship interview today.

So my wife's N-400 interview was today. Her appointment was at 9:00 AM and we arrived at the local USCIS around 8:35 AM. Traffic was terrible (morning rush hour) and we had planned an hour for the trip (it's about 21 miles from our house.) We went through security and checked in, were told to wait and that someone would call her name at Door #1. At around 9:12 AM, a nice lady called my wife's name and we followed her into her office. We brought my wife's daughter (my step-daughter) and our 3-yo biological daughter with us because we knew it would be a combo interview (I-751 and N-400). She swore us in, sat us down, and explained that this interview would be a little different from a normal N-400 interview due to my wife's pending I-751 petition. She would be required to approve my wife's I-751 petition before she could interview my wife for her N-400. She then proceeded to ask us for our driver's licenses, my wife's and my stepdaughter's green cards, their passports, and my proof of citizenship. We could see our file on her desk and it was a huge stack of paper (we prepared it pretty well, I must say LOL).

She went over the I-751 application, asked me when we got married, then turned to my wife and asked her our current address, phone number, date of marriage (again), date she entered the U.S., and so on. She then asked if we brought any additional evidences and we gave her another stack of paper (about 2 and 1/2 inches thick) plus a 100-sheet photo album. She took the papers and briefly flipped through the album, then gave it back to me. She asked my wife if she's working, what type of job I have, what I do for a living, and if my wife has ever met my ex-wife or my sons (from my previous marriage), my relatives, friends, etc. She then turned to me and asked if my ex-wife knows about my current wife, if she has met our daughters or knows about them, and if my sons are aware that I am re-married. When I told her that they have never met my current wife and our daughters, and I think that they're aware that I had remarried, she asked if I plan to introduce my family to them, and if so, when?

She proceeded to ask my step-daughter what grade she is in, what school she goes to, what she calls me (by name or Dad -- she calls me Dad, btw), if we live in a house or apartment, is it a 2-story house, how many bedrooms, where is her bedroom, does our house have a garage, how many cars do we own, what color is my car, and if I drove them to the interview this morning. All of this happening while our 3-yo was roaming around the office saying "Hello's" to her, getting up and down from her chair, asking for candies, etc. I kept apologizing for the distractions but she said, "It's OK. She's fine. Don't worry about it." LOL

Finally, she said that based on our evidences, she is "wholeheartedly" planning to approve our I-751. 

Then came the next part, the N-400 interview. She told me that the interview would just be for my wife and we were welcome to stay in the same office but must not help answer any questions. Having seen my wife struggle with our little one making noises and distractions, I asked if we could wait in the waiting area. She said, fine, let's walk you out and we went back to the waiting area. About twenty (20) minutes later, my wife came walking out with a sheet of paper where the officer marked "You passed the English test and the U.S. history and government test." She also marked on the 2nd sheet where to go for the Oath Ceremony, which parking lot to park, what door # to enter, and what table to check in. She also wrote "IF1 approved by ISO XXXX". I believe IF1 is the immigration code for ROC for K-1 Visa (fiance/fiancee).

For the reading/listening/writing portions, my wife was asked to read from the iPad "When is Columbus' Day?" and to write down "In October." She asked my wife 5 civic questions (listed below). During the interview, the IO also asked how we met, where we met, how did I look when we first met, etc. This caught her by surprise because she did not anticipate that she would be asked these types of question during the N-400 interview. Then the IO went over the questions and answers on the N-400 application and confirmed my wife's request to change her name. The 5 civic questions were:

1. What is the capital of Texas?
2. Who does a U.S. Senator represent?

3. Who is in charge of the executive branch?

4. How many justices are there in the Supreme Court?

5. What do the 13 stripes on the U.S. flag represent?

We left around 10:30 AM, which was just a little over an hour after our name was called.

Overall, the whole interview was short, uneventful, and the IO was extremely nice. She is a pleasant person, very professional, very kind, calm, and considerate. Her professionalism made this whole interview seem like a walk in the park and we left the building feeling grateful that we were treated with respect and kindness. Something that sure made this last leg of the journey much less stressful.

Shortly before 3 PM this afternoon, we got a text and an email that there was an update to our N-400 case. 

Screen Shot 2019-05-22 at 5.32.09 PM.png

Edited by frontgear

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mauritius
Timeline
39 minutes ago, frontgear said:

So my wife's N-400 interview was today. Her appointment was at 9:00 AM and we arrived at the local USCIS around 8:35 AM. Traffic was terrible....

Congratz. How did you know they were gonna do both the same day? Did you get a notice that said u were being called for both n400 and i751? And how long after your interview do u expect to be called for Oath? 

Cuz I got a mail for n400 interview but it says nothing about i751 and I'm a little concerned that they might send me home cuz my i751 is pending...thoughts?

13 minutes ago, David1987 said:

Congratz. How did you know they were gonna do both the same day? Did you get a notice that said u were being called for both n400 and i751? And how long after your interview do u expect to be called for Oath? 

Cuz I got a mail for n400 interview but it says nothing about i751 and I'm a little concerned that they might send me home cuz my i751 is pending...thoughts?

Thank you. I had submitted a Service Request (SR) a couple of months prior to receiving the interview appointment and they replied that both the I-751 and N-400 petitions would be adjudicated at the same time.

My wife said she was told it would be sometime in June. I read somewhere that they have the Oath Ceremony every 2nd (or 3rd) Wednesday of the month in Houston.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
36 minutes ago, user9385793 said:

Finally movement in San Francisco!  Received a text that interview was scheduled, but don't see the letter online yet.

36 minutes ago, user9385793 said:

Finally movement in San Francisco!  Received a text that interview was scheduled, but don't see the letter online yet.

Congrats! When did you apply online? Timeline? 

AOS Filing progress:

Package Filed: Dec 16

USCIS Receipt Update: Dec 18

Bio Appointment : Jan 16

RFE Receipt: Jan 23

RFE USCIS Receipt: Jan 28

EAD Approved: Feb 23

EAD on hand: Feb 28

Interview Notice Received: June 10

Interview Scheduled: Aug 10

Timeline
On 4/15/2019 at 2:29 PM, nelya94 said:

Mine also says 2 months. @Tina and Johan is

Hi Nayla I received my interview date for June 24th. Hope you got yours too.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Ivansim said:

Hi Nayla I received my interview date for June 24th. Hope you got yours too.

Hi All, So something very strange happened. I checked online and it said under documents my interview date for June 24th. However now when I check its no longer there? It just says we scheduled your interview and will be mailing you a letter shortly.

Did anyone else faced this as well? Please help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 4:19 PM, Ivansim said:

Hi All, So something very strange happened. I checked online and it said under documents my interview date for June 24th. However now when I check its no longer there? It just says we scheduled your interview and will be mailing you a letter shortly.

Did anyone else faced this as well? Please help.

Did this get cleared up?  When's the date?

K1 Visa timeline:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.