1,901 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 minute ago, wacoachrusso said:

Hi. This is what it says on my USCIS site, “

On April 27, 2018, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number **********. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.”

but reading the wiki wiki on here it says to start calling to see if they received it......so you’re saying that my USCIS page will change? How long does the rest of the process usually take?? I was hoping to have to wife here by August....is this realistic??

Wait until your status changes to case was sent to the Dept Of State 

Just now, Abies said:

Wait until your status changes to case was sent to the Dept Of State 

Thanks.....any idea of how long this NVC process takes??

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
23 minutes ago, wacoachrusso said:

It depends on NVC and how quick you pay your fees&send out your supporting docs

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Spoke to NVC today, and was told my case was received on 5/7, not a pivot case and we should wait ...yep - 8 weeks!  LOL.  I am just glad to be in the next phase of processing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
1 hour ago, wacoachrusso said:

It's maximum 1 or 2 months as I read people's timelines but if you are as unlucky as us even delivering the documents to NVC can take 4 months.

Since 11th January, we couldn't make NVC receive our mail. My husband is going to call NVC today to ask if they received it. But I think I'm already gone crazy and my family thinks I'm in depression because of this waiting of 2 years :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 hour ago, CO_Tonya said:

Spoke to NVC today, and was told my case was received on 5/7, not a pivot case and we should wait ...yep - 8 weeks!  LOL.  I am just glad to be in the next phase of processing. 

CO_Tonya

I thought London recently changed to pivot? Wasn't there a case just a few weeks back that started as a non-pivot and is now a pivot case?

I completed the DS-260 today, and now CEAC prompts me to upload civil documents. I was shocked to see that their list of required documents also includes a UK police certificate. I only ever lived in the UK for ten months and thought I don't need one from there then. That's what it says on the travel.state.gov website!

An NVC operator told me to mark the document as "unavailable" and attach a note explaining why I think I don't have to produce a UK police certificate. She wasn't sure herself of the requirements, though (*massive eyeroll*).

Anybody else bump into something similar? How'd you handle it?

(BTW, @R&OC, I had to fill in ALL my residential and employment history. Wonder why it wasn't there for you.)

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
4 minutes ago, heythereluna said:

I completed the DS-260 today, and now CEAC prompts me to upload civil documents. I was shocked to see that their list of required documents also includes a UK police certificate. I only ever lived in the UK for ten months and thought I don't need one from there then. That's what it says on the travel.state.gov website!

An NVC operator told me to mark the document as "unavailable" and attach a note explaining why I think I don't have to produce a UK police certificate. She wasn't sure herself of the requirements, though (*massive eyeroll*).

Anybody else bump into something similar? How'd you handle it?

(BTW, @R&OC, I had to fill in ALL my residential and employment history. Wonder why it wasn't there for you.)

Heythereluna,

just order the police certificate on expedite. I ordered mine regularly and it only took a few days. Acros is acting very fast. And I do believe you need the police certificate as you lived there for more than six months.

As for the residential history - yes, I had to fill that out. But I could not add the employment history. I really have no idea why it wasn't there. To be honest, at this point i am actually expecting a checklist because of that.

Edited by R&OC

Filed: Timeline
2 hours ago, Bluretto said:

💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽💃🏽case complete non pivot,first scan date April 18th received checklist on the 28th of April,sent documents out on the 1st of may,second scan date 4th of May cc 10th of May.4working days ,finally am so happy 

Me, too :) 

Quick update (Pivot case):

Uploaded the document on April 27th and got documentarily qualified on May 10th. 

Edited by Menekse

4 minutes ago, R&OC said:

Heythereluna,

just order the police certificate on expedite. I ordered mine regularly and it only took a few days. Acros is acting very fast. And I do believe you need the police certificate as you lived there for more than six months.

As for the residential history - yes, I had to fill that out. But I could not add the employment history. I really have no idea why it wasn't there. To be honest, at this point i am actually expecting a checklist because of that.

OOOH, if they give you a checklist because of that, I'll punch a wall on your behalf.

The NVC operator was saying something about six months too, but she said she's really not sure. I wonder where this number is coming from! I only ever read 12 months! I'll talk to my husband again and probably order a UK certificate. I'm just so bummed that I could have done that waaay in advance had I known they want one. But the website clearly says 12 months is the cutoff.

Thanks for sharing your experience with Acros; that doesn't sound too bad.

Spoiler

USCIS

NOA1 for I-130: March 29, 2017

RFE response received by USCIS: Dec 28, 2017

NOA2: Feb 9, 2018

Sent to NVC: Feb 16, 2018

NVC (PIVOT case)

Case received: Feb 27, 2018

Case number received, AOS and IV fees paid: May 7, 2018

AOS and IV submitted: May 15, 2018

CC: May 30, 2018

Interview scheduled: June 15, 2018

Consulate stage

Medical exam: July 3, 2018
Interview: July 11, 2018

Consulate received medical exam results: July 18, 2018

Something went very wrong with my passport delivery (see here)

Passport in hand: July 31, 2018

POE Seattle: August 6, 2018

ROC

NOA1 for I-751: July 31, 2020 (MSC)

Biometrics taken: July 20, 2021 (Portland, OR)

Case status changed to "Ready for Interview to be Scheduled": July 21, 2021

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Bluretto said:

Completecase complet non pivot, premier scan date du 18 avril reçu checklist le 28 avril, envoi des documents le 1er mai, deuxième scan date du 4 mai cc 10 mai.4 jours de travail, enfin suis si heureux 

Pivot cas for my children SD 28 april ,got cc today and i received a cheklist because 2 of my documents is not in good position, i changed today and resubmitted

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.