dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2018

1,176 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

so quick question is it normal for NVC to take time to send the Case Complete notificatin seens it changed on the website its been about 2weeks since the change happened. 

Thanks everybody.

Filed: IR-2 Country: Pakistan
Timeline
23 hours ago, Melencarnacion said:

My husband and I had our interview yesterday in santo domingo. As the petitioner I wasnt required to go but I wanted to be there. We waited about 10-15 mins at a window for the first part where they gather your paperwork and we were asked to provide the original birth certificate of my husband and our marriage license, as well as the police report and medical test my husband did and his passport. They only asked us how long we have been married, if we have kids together, if my husband has kids with anyone else and if my husband is currently working. We answered married 1 year 1 month, no kids together, no kids from other relationships and that mu husband is currently not working, he is a student. This took about 10 minutes.

We were then told to go around to another set of windows and they would call our number. We waited an hour and 15 mins in this line to have the official interview, which is just at a window not in a room. The guy was very nice and personable. He only asked my husband if he has traveled outside the DR, to where and if he ever lived or worked there for more than a year. My husband said hes traveled to America,  Canada and Europe and has worked in America but not for more than a year at a time. He also asked him where I worked and what I did, my husband told him my employer name, what the company was and what I did there.

The rest of the questions were to me, asked me where and when we met and when we were married, i gave him the months and years but not specific dates. He asked what my husband currently does and since he is a student, he asked what he used to do when we met, I told him of a couple previous jobs he had. He asked how times were visited each other. I told him 11 and he asked how many of those times were in the DR and how many in the states. Lastly he asked what my favorite thing about my husband is and i said that he makes me laugh every day. And he asked if we would reside in iowa or Missouri, I told him Missouri. Then he said your Visa is approved and you'll be contacted within 10 days to pick it up :)

Praise the lord this process is finally over, I still cant believe it! Good luck to everyone and thank you for being a source of strength and knowledge throughout this journey! 

Congrats

Glad to hear that.

our interview is coming up on 20 June,hopefully we also got approval on interview day.

No more delays Lol

IR 2.

14 hours ago, Caro559 said:

My husbands appointment was on the 22 in Juarez and today at about 2 we got the email that his Visa was ready for pick up! He already crossed the border to El Paso, Texas rented a car in the airport and is on his way all the way to Fresno, California (like 15 hour drive) so happy and excited 😊

My husband left yesterday night from Central Texas to CDJ. It took approximately 10hrs but he finally made it. He said crossing the border was difficult (due to all the steps he had to take). He is at his first appointment now and I can tell that he is ready to return to the States. He said it (CDJ/MX) is not like anything that he had imagined/remembered (he has been here in States since teenager). 

What questions did they ask your husband? My husband's interview is on Tuesday (5/29/18). This entire process has been very humbling. Congrats on your approval, to God be the glory!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
16 hours ago, Peachess said:

Thanks a lot. U should get ur pickup notification later today. Hopefully it comes early enough so u can pick it up today. In any case, u can still go to the dhl office at about 4pm today, they'll give it to you if they already have it, even though u don't receive the notification on time.. otherwise your next pickup will be Wednesday. They close at 4:30pm.

My husband went to the DHL office this evening and he was told its not ready yet but they will be open on Monday but not on Tuesday. Hope he gets the alert tonight and pick up by Monday if not then Wednesday.

Timeline

for isl folks, once visa is approved, do u have option to pick it up or have it delivered? if u tell them u traveled from out of city, will they give it same day maybe? 

4/12/17 - NOA1 Sent to Nebraska

1/10/18 - NOA2

1/18/18 - Case Sent to Department of State

1/25/18 - NVC received case

3/30/18 - Case # and IIN assigned

3/30/18 - Paid AOS and IV fee

4/9/18 - AOS and IV fee Status Changed to Paid

4/9/18 - Submit DS 260 and uploaded AOS and IV package

4/16/18 - Case complete

5/7/18 - Received interview email 

6/4/18 - Interview @ 7am at ISL embassy - Approved :jest:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Achibaibe said:

oohh! wao ok! thanks @Abies how is ur case coming, did u get ur interview yet?

Awaiting our case number

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Faithunlimited said:

My husband left yesterday night from Central Texas to CDJ. It took approximately 10hrs but he finally made it. He said crossing the border was difficult (due to all the steps he had to take). He is at his first appointment now and I can tell that he is ready to return to the States. He said it (CDJ/MX) is not like anything that he had imagined/remembered (he has been here in States since teenager). 

What questions did they ask your husband? My husband's interview is on Tuesday (5/29/18). This entire process has been very humbling. Congrats on your approval, to God be the glory!

Faithunlimited, please keep us posted. Your take on things has been a positive support. My husband and I will, God willing, be in CDJ in July so I'll be paying attention. Good luck and Godspeed!

2 hours ago, J Laredo said:

Faithunlimited, please keep us posted. Your take on things has been a positive support. My husband and I will, God willing, be in CDJ in July so I'll be paying attention. Good luck and Godspeed!

Thank you so much @J Laredo. But I cant take credit for me. I am a women of faith (no pun intended) and I must give all Glory to God in Heaven (Jesus Christ). 

So here is an update. First off, the reception in Mexico to Texas is horrible. I tried calling my husband twice before the medical appointment and the calls would not go through. He has also tried calling me and the calls dont go through at first. You have to keep calling and calling and eventually you will get through. Then your call will drop randomly. :mellow: I am texting him, but not really sure if he is getting the texts. 

He is finished with his medical. It took approximately 2 hours. They asked about every single mole, scar, birthmark etc. on his body and wrote down his responses.  We had his shot records from the states, so he only had to have one shot. The total cost of medical was $316 (Clinica Frontera). Be prepared to pay more if you dont have your records as proof. I forgot to ask him which shot they made him take. 

He just checked into the hotel and his finger prints appointment is later today. When he calls back, I will ask him about details  from that one as well. 

His overall impression of Mexico is that it is very "sad." He said as soon as he crossed the border he noticed a big difference, as far as the upkeep of the roads, trash, demeanor of people, etc. He said Mexico does not compare to the US in many ways. Please, I mean no disrespect to anyone's county, just relaying what he told me. 

Please keep us in your prayers. As you all know this immigration process is not for the "weak." It is long and difficult and has taken a toll on us in every way. I pray for each and every one of you on this forum because I feel like we are all in this together. It is my please to provide info and prayers to help the next person. That is what the Lord has commanded me to do! 

Hopefully I will be back soon with more detailed info.

4 hours ago, H&H. said:

for isl folks, once visa is approved, do u have option to pick it up or have it delivered? if u tell them u traveled from out of city, will they give it same day maybe? 

Hi, H&H, wish you good luck for the coming interview on 6/4/18. I have uploaded AOS and IV on 5/23/18 , taking your time line in consideration, Insha Allah interview will be held on 24th July 2018.

What you think?. Any body familiar with the ISL embassy can share their opinion. Bye

Timeline

Looking for some advice/input here.

Paid IV & AOS Fees: 05/25/2018 (Processing currently)

I wasn't expecting the case number to come so early. I want to get an August interview date, but I feel like if I upload my documents next week, I'll end up with a July interview date, which conflicts with our travel plans (bad idea, I know.) We are a PIVOT Case. Do you guys think I should delay uploading my documents? Just  a little lost what to do here.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.