J Laredo

Appoint wait time in CDJ Mexico?

306 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

My wife had her interview on Friday, October 12th@9:15 am.  They let her into the consulate at 8:00 am with no problems.  She said they put her in the green chairs right away.  It was a very cold, cloudy and rainy day.  There were not a whole lot of people in line throughout the morning which i thought was odd given that it is taking 6 months to get an interview scheduled.  When her turn came they asked; Who is petitioning you?  Have you visited the USA before?  When was the last time you visited the USA?  How did you guys meet? (Your story together), What is your name?  They collected all her documentation.  The lady interviewing her went to go talk to her boss behind the window.  My wife was a medical expedite.  She started to pull out a yellow piece of paper instead of green which made her nervous.  The lady came back to the window and told my wife, " your visa has been approved, the only thing is that since you are a very special case you will need to pick up your visa here at the embassy tomorrow morning."

We went to Espadas Brazilian Churrascaria for a celebratory lunch and I reserved another night at mesa luna hotel.  In the middle of our lunch the lady called from the consulate to tell her that her visa was ready!!!  So we ran out of Espadas in the middle of our lunch and to the consulate before it closed at 1:00 pm :)  After we picked up the visa we headed back to Espadas to finish our lunch.  At around 3:00 pm I took my wife to the pedestrian part of Zaragoza Bridge to cross for the first time.  I crossed in my car on the same bridge, parked in a neighborhood close to the border and walked 15 min in the rain all the way back to the border.  I highly recommend not crossing at Zaragoza as they don't have a place to park on the USA side and the Mexican officials charge people to come and go into mexico.  $3.50 dollars per car and .60 cents per pedestrian.   By 5:30 pm she was able to cross.  She and other first time visa holders had to wait over an hour for an official from USCIS to attend their paperwork.  

We both walked in the pouring rain to my car and headed off to Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso to hang out.  After that we crossed back into Juarez by car on the Cordoba Bridge (free of charge).  On Saturday, October 13th we crossed into El Paso again through Cordoba Bridge and off we went home to Tucson, AZ.  Overall we had a great experience in Juarez and her at the consulate.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Ben & Katy said:

My wife had her interview on Friday, October 12th@9:15 am.  They let her into the consulate at 8:00 am with no problems.  She said they put her in the green chairs right away.  It was a very cold, cloudy and rainy day.  There were not a whole lot of people in line throughout the morning which i thought was odd given that it is taking 6 months to get an interview scheduled.  When her turn came they asked; Who is petitioning you?  Have you visited the USA before?  When was the last time you visited the USA?  How did you guys meet? (Your story together), What is your name?  They collected all her documentation.  The lady interviewing her went to go talk to her boss behind the window.  My wife was a medical expedite.  She started to pull out a yellow piece of paper instead of green which made her nervous.  The lady came back to the window and told my wife, " your visa has been approved, the only thing is that since you are a very special case you will need to pick up your visa here at the embassy tomorrow morning."

We went to Espadas Brazilian Churrascaria for a celebratory lunch and I reserved another night at mesa luna hotel.  In the middle of our lunch the lady called from the consulate to tell her that her visa was ready!!!  So we ran out of Espadas in the middle of our lunch and to the consulate before it closed at 1:00 pm :)  After we picked up the visa we headed back to Espadas to finish our lunch.  At around 3:00 pm I took my wife to the pedestrian part of Zaragoza Bridge to cross for the first time.  I crossed in my car on the same bridge, parked in a neighborhood close to the border and walked 15 min in the rain all the way back to the border.  I highly recommend not crossing at Zaragoza as they don't have a place to park on the USA side and the Mexican officials charge people to come and go into mexico.  $3.50 dollars per car and .60 cents per pedestrian.   By 5:30 pm she was able to cross.  She and other first time visa holders had to wait over an hour for an official from USCIS to attend their paperwork.  

We both walked in the pouring rain to my car and headed off to Cielo Vista Mall in El Paso to hang out.  After that we crossed back into Juarez by car on the Cordoba Bridge (free of charge).  On Saturday, October 13th we crossed into El Paso again through Cordoba Bridge and off we went home to Tucson, AZ.  Overall we had a great experience in Juarez and her at the consulate.  

Congratulations!! Reading this kind of experiences makes my anxiety level go down! Happy life to both of you!❤️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thrilled to read this happy ending!!!  As we reported in July, my wife also found the consulate to be fairly empty, she was able to enter early and was out in less than 2 hrs.  Officials were friendly.  We were also surprised given the long wait for appointments.  

Timeline
On 4/29/2018 at 5:36 PM, Faithunlimited said:

Hey Dear, 

CDJ is extremely busy. 3 months from cc to interview letter, 4 months from cc to interview date. 

Our cc was 1/23/18

Interview letter: 4/2/18

Interview date: 5/29/18

Hope this help!

hi, 

i have a question. we just got our noa2. does the nvc send me (petitioner) a letter with a case number or just my beneficiary in mexico? thanks

Edited by Hirotoyoto

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:28 PM, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, 

i have a question. we just got our noa2. does the nvc send me (petitioner) a letter with a case number or just my beneficiary in mexico? thanks

HI @Hirotoyoto'

Sorry for the delay in response. I did (as the petitioner) receive a copy of EVERYTHING. Also, we did not have a lawyer on file (we did this portion of the process ourselves), so it may be different in your case if you have a lawyer on file. I do recall that my husband as the beneficiary (living here with me in the US), did not receive any information. I received all the info and just forwarded it to his email address. I would contact NVC and make sure they have your email address on file. :)

I hope this helps! God bless you on your journey. It will all be worth it once this is behind you.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Faithunlimited said:

HI @Hirotoyoto'

Sorry for the delay in response. I did (as the petitioner) receive a copy of EVERYTHING. Also, we did not have a lawyer on file (we did this portion of the process ourselves), so it may be different in your case if you have a lawyer on file. I do recall that my husband as the beneficiary (living here with me in the US), did not receive any information. I received all the info and just forwarded it to his email address. I would contact NVC and make sure they have your email address on file. :)

I hope this helps! God bless you on your journey. It will all be worth it once this is behind you.

hi, 

thank you so much for your reply. i called the nvc earlier today and they told me that it will take them as least 6 weeks to get our petition from the uscis. i asked them if they have my email address but the lady on the phone told me they don’t know my contact info until they receive our petition. it has been 13 working business days already so i hope we hear something from the nvc soon. i’m a little worried about the date on the noa2

thanks. 

9 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, 

thank you so much for your reply. i called the nvc earlier today and they told me that it will take them as least 6 weeks to get our petition from the uscis. i asked them if they have my email address but the lady on the phone told me they don’t know my contact info until they receive our petition. it has been 13 working business days already so i hope we hear something from the nvc soon. i’m a little worried about the date on the noa2

thanks. 

If it helps, it took NVC about 22 days to create a case number for me.

12 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, 

thanks. 

Don't be worried. Everything takes a long time. Its just part of the process. You will get through it. Just keep calling every week or so and checking your spam email folders.

3 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

thank you. how did they notified you with your case number?

I started calling two times per week after 14 days.

NCV 603-334-0700 option 1 then option 7.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, 

thanks. 

Please keep us updated and good luck!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 10/18/2018 at 1:28 PM, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, 

Petitioner, beneficiary, and lawyer if you have one all get the same info and email that was listed in the i130.

Timeline

hello everyone,

i would just like to update everyone on our status. so today when i called nvc they just created a case number for us. the lady said now they will send our petition to ciudad juarez. will i also get something in my email or the mail?

thanks for always helping and answering my questions. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.