J Laredo

Appoint wait time in CDJ Mexico?

306 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello everyone,

so my fiance (beneficiary) and i (petitioner) have received the email from nvc saying they are going to send our petition to CDJ. my question is should she go ahead and do all the paperwork like ds160, etc already or should she wait until we get the actual letter? thanks!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
On 11/3/2018 at 5:00 PM, RAZam said:

Our cc date is 5/15, no appt yet. I think theyve only given interviews up to cc dates of mid april. 

Thanks for replying. Keep us posted please?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello, I have been following along for months now. My husband's cc date was 6/13. I saw that some of you were successful with the expedite and since we have nothing to lose I submitted my request. My husband's case is very long and complicated, we have had an approved i130 since 2012 so this was well over the normal processing time.  I just got the email last night that the expedite was approved. I called NVC and they said that I would receive an email when our paperwork is sent to the Juarez consulate. For those of you that expedited, how long was it after your initial approval email until you got this next email that your case was sent to Juarez?

Hi,

We are applying for a k-1 visa, and I was wondering if anyone can give me a few pointers to possibly have our case escalated, with CDJ process times I would like to see if we can look into this option.

Thank you all

Timeline
On 8/6/2018 at 11:57 AM, ae89ramirez said:

I have a CC date of April 12. Still no appointment 😑

Hello! Just checking on you guys to see if you've heard anything yet?? I have a cc of june 21 and the wait is driving me nnnnuuuuttttsss!

Timeline
On 8/15/2018 at 12:26 PM, mmorales said:

Hi everyone.My CC date is 3/28/18 and still no appointment. I have called almost every week and all I get is I have to wait. Any new updates on appointments?

Thanks 

Maribel

Hi, have you heard anything? Im trying to figure where were standing...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Lulu01 said:

Hello! Just checking on you guys to see if you've heard anything yet?? I have a cc of june 21 and the wait is driving me nnnnuuuuttttsss!

Hi Lulu! 
We are also anxious and desperate waiting. 
Our CC date is 5/09/18(May 09) and we are still waiting for the appointment, over 6 months ( 9 nov 2018).
We have been informed that there's a chance to get an appointment scheduled by the end of November and the appointments are 2 months in advance (December / January).

According to your CC June 21, there's a possibility for you on December.
Well, that's not a 100% accurate range, but it helps.

thanks! 
keep us informed, 

Edited by JaviMB

Timeline
25 minutes ago, JaviMB said:

Hi Lulu! 
We are also anxious and desperate waiting. 
Our CC date is 5/09/18(May 09) and we are still waiting for the appointment, over 6 months ( 9 nov 2018).
We have been informed that there's a chance to get an appointment scheduled by the end of November and the appointments are 2 months in advance (December / January).

According to your CC June 21, there's a possibility for you on December.
Well, that's not a 100% accurate range, but it helps.

thanks! 
keep us informed, 

Will do. Thanks so much!!

Timeline
On 8/13/2018 at 3:42 PM, Alex & Ivan said:

Congrats 🤗 that means they accepted your case. You should get a call in the next week to schedule an interview. Be prepared with a date in mind 😅 they asked me when I would like to schedule my interview for and was not prepared for that lol The process goes pretty fast from now on 🤗

Hi! I am a cc of june 21, im gonna try expedite due to long wait on their part. Do you have an Idea what/how  I should write to them?

Thanks so much!!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 12:05 PM, Lulu01 said:

Hi! I am a cc of june 21, im gonna try expedite due to long wait on their part. Do you have an Idea what/how  I should write to them?

Thanks so much!!

My biggest piece of advice I can give is stick to the facts. Express why you have come to the conclusion of the long wait time. How is the wait time affecting you. I would stay away from statements that have to do with feelings for example: " I am requesting an expedite because the time apart from my husband is giving me anxiety and causing me stress". You want to have our request stick out from other cases but not overload them with requests they would get on a general basis. Everyone going through this process misses their spouses, the time away is hard for everyone, I think a lot of us are can say this process is stressful. I am not saying that if you use these comments it's grounds for denial but I see a lot more expedite letters with those general terms be denied more often than not. Also, if you look through the threads there are some great formats that you can just copy and paste and then enter in the information as it pertains to your case :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The way things are going for this Juarez consulate it is going to end up being a year's wait after CC for the interviews.  Something needs to be done about this.  This is our tax dollars at work and the government is not being responsible with our tax dollars.  There might need to be a petition or some kind of movement to get the government to either open up a new consulate for family visas in Monterrey or any other border city like Nogales, Laredo, Mexicali or Tijuana. 

This is getting to the point of being ridiculous.  No other consulate in the world makes people wait seven months after CC for an interview.  Also when we were there in early October it seems like Juarez is hardly working at all.  They are only open for interviews for a few hours in the morning and then have the rest of the afternoon off.  No wonder why it is taking so long!

2 hours ago, Ben & Katy said:

This is our tax dollars at work and the government is not being responsible with our tax dollars.

Totally agree with your general sentiment but I did want to point out that this is actually not our tax dollars at work. USCIS is funded primarily from the fees charged to applicants. I know it's a pedantic distinction but I feel it's important to point out. From their own website

USCIS is funded primarily by immigration and naturalization benefit fees charged to applicants and petitioners.

This account represents approximately 95 percent of USCIS’ fiscal year (FY) 2016 total budget authority

In my opinion this makes it worse as you're paying directly for a (crappy) service, instead of indirectly with taxes.

DCF Mexico

06/04/2017: Married

06/24/2017: Mailed I-130

06/27/2017: NOA1 (technically a RFE as we were missing beneficiary ID)

07/06/2017: NOA2

07/12/2017: Case assigned by Juarez embassy

07/17/2017: Packet 3 received

08/15/2017: Interview/Approval!

08/22/2017: Visa received via DHL

09/03/2017: POE

09/16/2017: Permanent Resident Card received

Total days from NOA1 to approval: 49

I wrote a DCF Mexico guide! http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php?title=DCF_Mexico

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, Jorge V said:

Totally agree with your general sentiment but I did want to point out that this is actually not our tax dollars at work. USCIS is funded primarily from the fees charged to applicants. I know it's a pedantic distinction but I feel it's important to point out. From their own website

In my opinion this makes it worse as you're paying directly for a (crappy) service, instead of indirectly with taxes.

Either way it’s our money.  It’s seriously time to consider another consulate for family visas.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.