J Laredo

Appoint wait time in CDJ Mexico?

306 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

my status changed to ready today for a K1 Visa. The closest available date was June 10th. So disappointing. Has anyone had success rescheduling due to a cancellation?

Edited by sgprecision

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi There, I wanted to give everyone my revew. My husband's interview was on 12/28/18. We have been married 7 years so IR category, he has DACA, a few arrests, and was in removal proceedings but was granted voluntary departure to pursue consular processing. We arrived to Juarez on 12/26/18 around 7 pm so all we did was go to our hotel that night. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express; it was a very pleasant stay everything is very clean, free breakfast, computer access, and transportation available. The driver is very nice there. 
The morning of the 27th we went to his medical exam, he had an appointment at 6 am at Clinica Medica Internacional, we started lining up around 5:30 am. We were there about 2.5-3 hours. He had to do an eye exam, blood, psychological exam, and had to get several immunizations. It was over $400 for the exam. 
After the medical, we ate breakfast at the hotel and then the driver there took us to the Fiscalia for the Carta no Antecedentes Penales. It was super empty so we were in and out in less than 15 minutes. We went to the mall for a bit, its right by the consulate area, everything is walking distance there. At 1 we returned to the Clinic for the results, there were hundreds of people there. We were there for like an hour and a half. Ate lunch after then went to his fingerprint appointment at 3:30 pm. Fingerprinting is very fast and organized. Don't arrive too early there; they only let you in 10 minutes before your scheduled interview. Don't take anything inside with you. If someone goes with you, have them hold your belongings. That was it for all the things before the interview, we were able to do everything in one day. 
Interview Day:
His interview was at 9:15. We walked over there like at 8 am and they let him in. I went back to the hotel, it was raining and there is no point in standing out there. He did not come out till almost 1 pm, over 4 hours in there and came back very sad. He had a blue paper saying he was out in 221G Administrative Processing. 
Documents he gave:
Passport
DS260
Marriage Certificate
Divorce
Carta no antecedentes
My Checkstubs
2017 Taxes and W2
DACA work permit
Arrest Documents

These were the questions he was asked:
Who is petitioning you?
Where is she now?
Where does she work?
Is this your first marriage?
is this her first marriage?
Do you have children?
Do you have children in common?
when did you enter the US?
Do you know where/how you entered? (my husband was 5 so he said I don't know)
Did you go to school in the US?
Up to what level?
Do you have DACA?
Have you ever been Arrested? This is where it all went bad. My hiusband told him he had a DUI, Consular officer said "I don't care about the DUI." He was pulled over in 2004, no traffic infraction, just profiling I think. The officer accused him of having a fake ID because at the time all he had was his Mexican Matricula card and he speaks perfect English. So he arrested him and accused him of falsely representing himself. The charges were dropped but nonetheless, the consular officer wanted more information on it. He requested more court documents and police records. He kept the passport, overall the officer was nice. He didn't seem concerned, said he just needed more information. He checked to see what DHL location we chose, and told him thats where his visa would be issued. 
So I flew back home, got the court and police things we needed and mailed them to the consulate. He was in Administrative Processing for 2.5 Weeks, I made sure to call the service center every day for updates and check the CEAC website. On 1/15/19 his status changed to "ISSUED" Visa was approved! The passport still has not been sent out to Jalisco, where my husband is waiting, but the wait is over. He will come home hopefully next week after being in Limbo for all this time. 

The consulate area is very safe, I would recommend making appointments for everything around the same day or maybe 2 days but thats it. Otherwise you will be very bored. I also recommend using the public inquiry tool online, that is how I was able to get him out of Administrative Processing. Another thing is to bring all your documents, you never know what they will ask for, it depends on the officer. The one my husband got didn't ask for his waiver or about his voluntary departure but we were prepared. Next step, Citizenship in 3 years! 

Filed: IR-5 Country: Mexico
Timeline
51 minutes ago, cmend006 said:

Hi There, I wanted to give everyone my revew. My husband's interview was on 12/28/18. We have been married 7 years so IR category, he has DACA, a few arrests, and was in removal proceedings but was granted voluntary departure to pursue consular processing. We arrived to Juarez on 12/26/18 around 7 pm so all we did was go to our hotel that night. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express; it was a very pleasant stay everything is very clean, free breakfast, computer access, and transportation available. The driver is very nice there. 
The morning of the 27th we went to his medical exam, he had an appointment at 6 am at Clinica Medica Internacional, we started lining up around 5:30 am. We were there about 2.5-3 hours. He had to do an eye exam, blood, psychological exam, and had to get several immunizations. It was over $400 for the exam. 
After the medical, we ate breakfast at the hotel and then the driver there took us to the Fiscalia for the Carta no Antecedentes Penales. It was super empty so we were in and out in less than 15 minutes. We went to the mall for a bit, its right by the consulate area, everything is walking distance there. At 1 we returned to the Clinic for the results, there were hundreds of people there. We were there for like an hour and a half. Ate lunch after then went to his fingerprint appointment at 3:30 pm. Fingerprinting is very fast and organized. Don't arrive too early there; they only let you in 10 minutes before your scheduled interview. Don't take anything inside with you. If someone goes with you, have them hold your belongings. That was it for all the things before the interview, we were able to do everything in one day. 
Interview Day:
His interview was at 9:15. We walked over there like at 8 am and they let him in. I went back to the hotel, it was raining and there is no point in standing out there. He did not come out till almost 1 pm, over 4 hours in there and came back very sad. He had a blue paper saying he was out in 221G Administrative Processing. 
Documents he gave:
Passport
DS260
Marriage Certificate
Divorce
Carta no antecedentes
My Checkstubs
2017 Taxes and W2
DACA work permit
Arrest Documents

These were the questions he was asked:
Who is petitioning you?
Where is she now?
Where does she work?
Is this your first marriage?
is this her first marriage?
Do you have children?
Do you have children in common?
when did you enter the US?
Do you know where/how you entered? (my husband was 5 so he said I don't know)
Did you go to school in the US?
Up to what level?
Do you have DACA?
Have you ever been Arrested? This is where it all went bad. My hiusband told him he had a DUI, Consular officer said "I don't care about the DUI." He was pulled over in 2004, no traffic infraction, just profiling I think. The officer accused him of having a fake ID because at the time all he had was his Mexican Matricula card and he speaks perfect English. So he arrested him and accused him of falsely representing himself. The charges were dropped but nonetheless, the consular officer wanted more information on it. He requested more court documents and police records. He kept the passport, overall the officer was nice. He didn't seem concerned, said he just needed more information. He checked to see what DHL location we chose, and told him thats where his visa would be issued. 
So I flew back home, got the court and police things we needed and mailed them to the consulate. He was in Administrative Processing for 2.5 Weeks, I made sure to call the service center every day for updates and check the CEAC website. On 1/15/19 his status changed to "ISSUED" Visa was approved! The passport still has not been sent out to Jalisco, where my husband is waiting, but the wait is over. He will come home hopefully next week after being in Limbo for all this time. 

The consulate area is very safe, I would recommend making appointments for everything around the same day or maybe 2 days but thats it. Otherwise you will be very bored. I also recommend using the public inquiry tool online, that is how I was able to get him out of Administrative Processing. Another thing is to bring all your documents, you never know what they will ask for, it depends on the officer. The one my husband got didn't ask for his waiver or about his voluntary departure but we were prepared. Next step, Citizenship in 3 years! 

Congratulations! Thank you so much for sharing that!!!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello,

Does CC mean the letter your receive stating you are in queue waiting for an interview date? If so I received that letter on 11/16 but NVC advised over the phone it was on 11/08.

I am currently waiting for the interview date. I also submitted to expedite my case today.

Any information on how much longer it may take?

Thanks.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
22 hours ago, yesdrobledo said:

Hello,

Does CC mean the letter your receive stating you are in queue waiting for an interview date? If so I received that letter on 11/16 but NVC advised over the phone it was on 11/08.

I am currently waiting for the interview date. I also submitted to expedite my case today.

Any information on how much longer it may take?

Thanks.

hi, are you doing fiance visa or spouse visa? 

if you’re doing fiance when you get that letter from ciudad juarez you can set your appointment online.

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Hirotoyoto said:

hi, are you doing fiance visa or spouse visa? 

if you’re doing fiance when you get that letter from ciudad juarez you can set your appointment online.

I'm doing IR2 for my stepson.

Timeline
1 hour ago, yesdrobledo said:

I'm doing IR2 for my stepson.

Its spouse visa. I never got a letter to schedule the appointment. I expedited my case  after waiting 5 months for an interview 

Good morning all,

Just wanted to let members of this topic know my fiance's K-1 visa was approved, process when shockingly smooth bio-metrics was fast 10 minutes and she was out, medical appointment took about 1 - 1 1/2 hours not as long as we were anticipating (no complains here) and final interview took about 2 hrs (20 mins actual interview) for the most part asides from taking a look at our documentation there were only 4 questions asked.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Rendon291823 said:

Thanks it only took 2 days 

Congrats!!,     
Can you share with us your experience?   I am wondering if it will take 5 - 6 days after the interview.

Timeline
On 12/30/2018 at 8:47 PM, Rendon291823 said:

Good luck , I expedited last week and I got approved and I have my appointment on January 3 2019

How did you get your appnt? did you call the embassy?

I was approved to expedite. all fees are paid. i'm just not sure how to get my appnt.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.