TBoneTX

October 2017 I-129F Filers, Part III

2,306 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, EllyNelly said:

They got until bloody Friday or I am raising hell... this is utter nonsense. Simply because of foolish immigration propaganda. I am livid. 

I am livid to sickness. We shouldn’t have received any RFE’s to be honest.. so now just get on with it. The officer yesterday said there are no issues with my file, just for the adjudicator to approve. So what’s the bloody holdup?!

21 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

I am going to call them this week. I do not care if "within normal processing time" because it is utter BS. The RFE was BS, this wait is BS, the whole process is BS. This process basically eats into our (I and my fiancee's) pockets, just to be sitting ducks. I will try my very best to not cuss whomever is on the phone out.. but for their sake... they better be kind.

I feel the same way...the guy I got on the phone this morning tier1  was rude as hell. And this whole process is so draining. I don't know whether to feel sad or angry 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
6 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

They got until bloody Friday or I am raising hell... this is utter nonsense. Simply because of foolish immigration propaganda. I am livid. 

To be fair, the brunt of the propaganda has been against illegal immigration, which doesn't apply to anyone here. I know there has been talk about cutting down on legal immigration as well, but that also doesn't apply to us as it was more focused on those that use the I-130 to bring in extended family members (chain migration) and H1-Bs that are very often abused to bring in workers at significantly lower wages than their domestic counterparts, especially in the tech sector. If these policies were actually implemented as desired, it would actually make I-129Fs faster as it would cut down enormously on the caseload of adjudicators.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

To be fair, the brunt of the propaganda has been against illegal immigration, which doesn't apply to anyone here. I know there has been talk about cutting down on legal immigration as well, but that also doesn't apply to us as it was more focused on those that use the I-130 to bring in extended family members (chain migration) and H1-Bs that are very often abused to bring in workers at significantly lower wages than their domestic counterparts, especially in the tech sector. If these policies were actually implemented as desired, it would actually make I-129Fs faster as it would cut down enormously on the caseload of adjudicators.

they are trying to classify "marriage" immigration as with majority of the fraud since this route use to be the quickest way to get into the country. I am totally aware of the other visas and the abuses that come along with it... go to USCIS's twitter page and see the constant nonsense about "marriage fraud" that they are trying to eliminate. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sarac9 said:

I feel the same way...the guy I got on the phone this morning tier1  was rude as hell. And this whole process is so draining. I don't know whether to feel sad or angry 

I talked to one last night who was exactly the same. It's awful. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, dkmfan85 said:

To randomly take a heap of cases and "lie" and say one did not check something off, or rattle off some BS reason to prolong this case is just awful... maybe they need to make this process better some way, some how. 

12 minutes ago, sumbunny said:

I talked to one last night who was exactly the same. It's awful. 

Tomorrow at 8 h. Michael will call to USCIS ... I hope he does not find a rude person ... because he never tolerates that ....  :no: omg!!!!!! it's horrible ...  we have to tolerate some rude people !!???... after all this hell ???¡¡¡.... more professionalism and humanism.... :angry:

(F)

Edited by SONIA AND MICHAEL

9 hours ago, Sarac9 said:

Those of you who have RFE, hold tight and expect an approval. You will definitely hear back. When my fiance and I applied the first time, we were issued an RFE (thanks to an incompetent lawyer) but we heard back by the 60th day (NOID thanks to our incompetent lawyer) 

The first time we could've gotten our approval in three months (last year applied February and got an rfe in May)... so to have to wait again and this time longer sucks and kept in limbo without any concrete idea. I did speak to a tier 2 yesterday he said security checks are done and we are only awaiting desicion. The only reason I can think of the delay is we filed the second time. Oh well... (reason for NOID- hadn't seen each other within 2 years because the lawyer was a dumbass) 

You and I are sort of in the same boat (second time filing) and maybe this is the reason for longer wait time. However, I do not agree with this because sh*t happens and even if it's our 10th time we deserve to have our cases reviewed within 6 months too. If they're worried about fraud or whatever then they need to do whatever they of to to investigate this in a timely manner. They can come sleep in the bed with me and my fiance and see what we do if this is what it will take to approve my case but wait... oOps, we need approval before I can visit and accompany him to interview... kmt... I don't even know what kind of emotion I'm feeling today (all of them!). 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

they are trying to classify "marriage" immigration as with majority of the fraud since this route use to be the quickest way to get into the country. I am totally aware of the other visas and the abuses that come along with it... go to USCIS's twitter page and see the constant nonsense about "marriage fraud" that they are trying to eliminate. 

2 minutes ago, EllyNelly said:

To randomly take a heap of cases and "lie" and say one did not check something off, or rattle off some BS reason to prolong this case is just awful... maybe they need to make this process better some way, some how. 

Well, they aren't wrong which is why they passed things like the IMBRA to try to reign in one area where major abuse had been taken place. It's not probably politically correct or sensitive to point out that the term "mail order" spouse didn't appear out of nothing like magic. All stereotypes stem from the recurrence of some pattern, though it obviously doesn't apply to everyone. I've been through this before and I'm well aware of the frustrations with the nebulous and seemingly inconsistent decisions made by USCIS. I wish there was more transparency in the whole process too and they used the phone bank operators that are just there to parrot off "you're within normal processing time" to actually work cases or provide some information of value. Dealing with bureaucracy is a major pain. Always has been and always will be.

16 minutes ago, Hemzi said:

Guys, I am going to play Devil's advocate here as it's getting quite heated. Yes the K1 is meant to be a faster process but the system is only as good as the persons running the country. If they want tougher measures that's unfortunately what USCIS has to follow.

Secondly, we are still very lucky that we are being looked at! I mean there are other countries that have it a lot harder to get the people that they love in? We should be grateful as well for any RFEs, can you imagine it being just an outright denial? There are a lot of people who do abuse the system and maybe none of us do, but there are those who don't give a damn but why do we have to worry if our relationships and love are real? The only people who need to be scared are those who are lying. 

Thirdly, fill your time with something else apart from the visa. Nothing is gonna come of checking it every 5mins. Go out, enjoy some sunshine or natural beauty if you don't have jobs. If you have a job, be the best version of you and change some people's lives and or make their dreams come true. 

If you're honest your time will come. On an ending note, there is a saying in an Indian language called Gujarati, literally translated it means 'Only gold is tested and not rocks', basically only that which is worth something is tested. I like to think all of the love that exists within the k1 forum is worth a lot, hence we go through a lot of anguish.

Our time will come.

I understand you.... but today is my day 197... 10/16.

.. our life is clear like water.... and yes Im scared.... my package were perfect.... we send all documents ...a lot of pics.... no problems with law....

in 2 weeks... 7 months....

Im not scared....Im very very scared!!!! and nervous.... and depressed!!! 

because someone.... decide my future with the love of my life!!!....

Im scared!!!!

here a lot of people.. are nervous..

not for lie.... because this tramite is horrible!!! and difficult to be optimistic!!!

(L)

Edited by SONIA AND MICHAEL

11 minutes ago, DonAnn said:

You and I are sort of in the same boat (second time filing) and maybe this is the reason for longer wait time. However, I do not agree with this because sh*t happens and even if it's our 10th time we deserve to have our cases reviewed within 6 months too. If they're worried about fraud or whatever then they need to do whatever they of to to investigate this in a timely manner. They can come sleep in the bed with me and my fiance and see what we do if this is what it will take to approve my case but wait... oOps, we need approval before I can visit and accompany him to interview... kmt... I don't even know what kind of emotion I'm feeling today (all of them!). 

I understand the “Kmt” as s fellow Jamaican 🤦🏽‍♀️😓😪

Timeline
10 minutes ago, DonAnn said:

Yeah I get the same BS everytime I call... normal processing time and they are working on September... pointless calling them!

The Tier 1 operators don't give any more information than is available by looking at their website, and Tier 2 will give the same exact line unless your "submitted" date is past the date shown on their website as allowed to submit an inquiry. It's really not a wise use of time or energy to even call them unless your case is actually outside of their established window. All it will do is add to more frustration.

Edited by dkmfan85

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.