12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Without knowing what country it will be in, there might be some specific things he will be asked. But generally, they will ask the core questions of when you met online, if applicable, when you met in person, when you plan to be married.

From there it depends on if your case has any nuances, like a previous marriage, kids, criminal history or something like that. It's usually not very intensive. They do more of the background check and review before the person comes in and it is just a way to have a live person see a Visa applicant in real life before granting one.

27 minutes ago, bakphx1 said:

Without knowing what country it will be in, there might be some specific things he will be asked. But generally, they will ask the core questions of when you met online, if applicable, when you met in person, when you plan to be married.

From there it depends on if your case has any nuances, like a previous marriage, kids, criminal history or something like that. It's usually not very intensive. They do more of the background check and review before the person comes in and it is just a way to have a live person see a Visa applicant in real life before granting one.

Dominican republic.  Never been married but does have a young child.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

In Thailand, my fiancee had zero questions. He said raise your right hand, do you swear your application is truthful? She said yes and he said congrarts on your visa enjoy the USA. :-)

7 minutes ago, FamousJerry said:

In Thailand, my fiancee had zero questions. He said raise your right hand, do you swear your application is truthful? She said yes and he said congrarts on your visa enjoy the USA. :-)

Haha. That is cool. 

Timeline
On 4/27/2018 at 7:18 PM, MsNina said:

Dominican republic.  Never been married but does have a young child.

If he has a child, they may ask about when his relationship with the mother ended.  They want to make sure that previous relationships are over and done with.  If they were married, he'll need divorce papers.  DR isn't a high fraud country, so it shouldn't hang things up too much. 

32 minutes ago, bakphx1 said:

DR isn't a high fraud country, so it shouldn't hang things up too much. 

Maybe it is not recently? but the DR seem to have a past of being known as high fraud.

@MsNina  If your timeline is correct it seems like you got your NOA1 just recently, 6 days ago. Your fiance have a long wait ahead to be nervous. 

Here you can find reviews of the US embassy in SD during K1 Interview. Some reviews post the questions they were asked:

http://www.visajourney.com/reviews/index.php?cnty=Dominican+Rep&cty=&dfilter=5&topic=K1+Visa

Edited by Sav&Har

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Sav&Har said:

Maybe it is not recently? but the DR seem to have a past of being known as high fraud.

@MsNina

I double checked, DR isn't on any list of high fraud family visas and doesn't have a high denial rate.  B visas may be a different story. 

2 hours ago, bakphx1 said:

I double checked, DR isn't on any list of high fraud family visas and doesn't have a high denial rate.  B visas may be a different story. 

hi..... can you send me link? I want to see that list..... (F)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 4/28/2018 at 2:31 AM, MsNina said:

I am curious to know what kinds of questions my fiance should prepare for in his interview...i am sure it will be fine. But he is nervous..

You can check and refer your questions to Dominican Republic's Portal here on V.J.

I'm sure there are people from DR that have best answers for you.

http://www.visajourney.com/portals/index.php?country=Dominican Republic

Timeline
7 hours ago, SONIA AND MICHAEL said:

hi..... can you send me link? I want to see that list..... (F)

This is one of two.  I also checked the USCIS data for denials. 

https://mypathtocitizenship.com/which-countries-are-on-the-uscis-high-fraud-list/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.