707 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
14 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I'm going to overnight mine so they get it quickly. 

I have to wait for my wife to send hers before transferring to Potomac.

Just now, Sonone said:

I have to wait for my wife to send hers before transferring to Potomac.

OH sheesh...so they asked you for your wife's too? They only asked me for mine. See they are inconsistent. Ugh. 

Timeline
Just now, msrainyj said:

OH sheesh...so they asked you for your wife's too? They only asked me for mine. See they are inconsistent. Ugh. 

They did. One of me and one of hers. On my original application, I included two of me and two of hers. Maybe it’s the fact that I did not write our names on the back of the pictures 

6 minutes ago, Sonone said:

They did. One of me and one of hers. On my original application, I included two of me and two of hers. Maybe it’s the fact that I did not write our names on the back of the pictures 

Oh I'll bet. I didn't do that either on my original pictures. Won't be long my friend. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
46 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I'm going to overnight mine so they get it quickly. 

Even as I insisted on the specs to the photo girl at walmart, the measurment from eyes to bottom of photo was a sixteenth of an inch short. Do you think that will matter? Could you guys share what their specific instructions were when they sent an RFE

Timeline
18 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

Oh I'll bet. I didn't do that either on my original pictures. Won't be long my friend. 

Hopefully. Let send them and have finger crossed

8 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Even as I insisted on the specs to the photo girl at walmart, the measurment from eyes to bottom of photo was a sixteenth of an inch short. Do you think that will matter? Could you guys share what their specific instructions were when they sent an RFE

I don't mind sharing the letter. Anything I can do to help anyone from not going through what I am now. Maybe future filers should know this when they file how to submit passport photos and save the trouble of an RFE delay.

44402528_339746953499982_7900320125964779520_n.jpg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I don't mind sharing the letter. Anything I can do to help anyone from not going through what I am now. Maybe future filers should know this when they file how to submit passport photos and save the trouble of an RFE delay.

44402528_339746953499982_7900320125964779520_n.jpg

Thank you sooo much. Do you remember what about your photo was not according to requirements. This helps so much. 

5 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Thank you sooo much. Do you remember what about your photo was not according to requirements. This helps so much. 

I didn't print my name on the back of my photo and I didn't put it in a separate envelope. I used the same photos that I bought when I got my actual passport so that wasn't the issue. CVS and Rite Aid know exactly what they want as far as dimensions. Also your local post office does too and they take the photos. I'm not too sure about Walmart. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I didn't print my name on the back of my photo and I didn't put it in a separate envelope. I used the same photos that I bought when I got my actual passport so that wasn't the issue. CVS and Rite Aid know exactly what they want as far as dimensions. Also your local post office does too and they take the photos. I'm not too sure about Walmart. 

They are supposed to know. And that is where i got my us tourist visa taken and that worked. Tourist and K1 photos would be the same right? It seems like it from the tourist photo specs. 

1 minute ago, KristineGB said:

They are supposed to know. And that is where i got my us tourist visa taken and that worked. Tourist and K1 photos would be the same right? It seems like it from the tourist photo specs. 

I'm not sure about that but I can't imagine they would want different specs on something like this. The letter says passport-style photo so I'm guessing they follow the same guidelines.

Timeline
51 minutes ago, msrainyj said:

I'm not sure about that but I can't imagine they would want different specs on something like this. The letter says passport-style photo so I'm guessing they follow the same guidelines.

Thanks much. We decided to return it and try elsewhere

4 minutes ago, KristineGB said:

Thanks much. We decided to return it and try elsewhere

You're welcome. Let me know how you make out friend and good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.