lbounds

Philippines Passport Renewal in US

31 posts in this topic

On 4/6/2018 at 2:18 PM, Hank_ said:

Being they are telling you that DFA is experiencing delays it is hard to say.         DFA has a whole new computer system that was to speed things up .. which is was doing for a time.  Now it appears they broke it.    No one can give you an answer ..  plan for the worse and hope for the best.

Thanks Hank and everyone else that took the time to comment. We will go as planned and hopefully will get it in plenty of time by August.

Edited by lbounds

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 11:06 PM, delish said:

I renewed my PHL passport 2 weeks ago at SF and will pick it up on June 5.🙄

I assume they will mail it to you?

My wife passport is about to expire, I think she want to fly to New York and visit a friend and renew passport at the same time.

We are in Texas, I haven't done much research, but I would think after doing the renewal they will just mail you the new passport.

Edited by Chris Duffy

Just when you think you have TDS eradicate,  a new case shows up.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

My wife passport is about to expire, I think she want to fly to New York and visit a friend and renew passport at the same time.

We are in Texas, I haven't done much research, but I would think after doing the renewal they will just mail you the new passport.

No i have to pick it up at the embassy because i brought a wrong prepaid envelope. I told them that they should specify in their website what kind of prepaid envelope they wanted.

1 minute ago, delish said:

No i have to pick it up at the embassy because i brought a wrong prepaid envelope. I told them that they should specify in their website what kind of prepaid envelope they wanted.

What kind of prepaid envelope did you bring with you

2 minutes ago, delish said:

What kind of prepaid do they want.

It would be silly for my wife to make a separate trip to pick up a passport.

I can see that stuff happening in Philippines, but not in the USA.  I would be pissed

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

I can see that stuff happening in Philippines, but not in the USA.  I would be pissed

But it was the Philippines Embassy to the USA so it is possible

YMMV

4 minutes ago, payxibka said:

But it was the Philippines Embassy to the USA so it is possible

17 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

What kind of prepaid do they want.

It would be silly for my wife to make a separate trip to pick up a passport.

I completely agree this is the Philippines we are talking about almost anything is possible.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
8 hours ago, Chris Duffy said:

You must provide a prepaid mailing envelope.  Priority Mail envelope works (and what we used).

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i had with me a brown envelop and brought it to usps for a stamp and paid $5++ for a regular mail. The embassy wanted the $12-15 prepaid envelop by usps. Oh well, it’s just an hour bart from east bay to SF.😅

On ‎4‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:37 AM, Hank_ said:

You must provide a prepaid mailing envelope.  Priority Mail envelope works (and what we used).

Wife is set to fly to Yankee town New York in two weeks, she has USPS priority mail prepaid with tracking number.

I will update as things move along

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Chris Duffy said:

Wife is set to fly to Yankee town New York in two weeks, she has USPS priority mail prepaid with tracking number.

I will update as things move along

Priority Mail is what we used as it has tracking with it.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 7:13 PM, Chris Duffy said:

Ok, I got a dumb question.  Can you simply show up at different consulate than the one assigned to where you live? 

Just curious as we live in TX as well, and we were going to wait for the LA roadshow to come to Texas to take care of business.

Finally done.

19 minutes ago, Talako said:

Ok, I got a dumb question.  Can you simply show up at different consulate than the one assigned to where you live? 

Just curious as we live in TX as well, and we were going to wait for the LA roadshow to come to Texas to take care of business.

From my research you can.  I think you need the assigned one for ROM Only.

Last I checked the roadshow didn't have passport renewals or all the slots were taken, I can't remember, but check into that one.

Timeline
38 minutes ago, Talako said:

You can renew your passport at ANY consulate.

Using a specific a consulate only applies to ROM & ROB 

Edited by Hank_

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.