heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, geroaj said:

We have exactly the same timeline so far...

sent package VSC 4/23/18

received 4/24/18

check cashed today-518/18

hoping to get NOA letter soon.

Yeahh .  Great!! Hopefully next week we will have NOA letter.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Mark77D said:

Great timing for a new system - wth?

Right?! ... But again take it with a grain of salt. I am sure if I call tomorrow - they'll say something else.

@ratedad give us some good news man.

7 minutes ago, Kirankaur2997 said:

Yeahh .  Great!! Hopefully next week we will have NOA letter.

2 minutes ago, Cougarfalcon83 said:

Right?! ... But again take it with a grain of salt. I am sure if I call tomorrow - they'll say something else.

@ratedad give us some good news man.

Yes all these days was waiting for check to be cashed and i guess now we will be waiting for the mail man everyday hoping he brings good news :). Good luck

1 hour ago, Cougarfalcon83 said:

Folks - I have an update. Nothing Net New. I spoke to a Tier 2 as it was my 31st Day. This is what he told me

• They had a meeting with CSC because of a lot of calls especially on 751 cases.
  • CSC informed them that they have put a new IT system a place and they are testing it out and will start entering the applications in.
  • Should take 6-8 weeks for getting a receipt from the date of filing.
  • If you filed in time - You are not out of status
  • Lastly - in the same meeting - they discussed about the possibility of getting a stamp using InfoPass and his advice was that the Local Centers will NOT give you a stamp w/o anything in the system. 

Anyway, good guy...but USCIS says a lot of contradictory stuff. I was asked to call back in 2 weeks.

If this is true, i will get my receipt very soon. It's been more than a 6 weeks since i filed. 

I have a good feeling. Thanks for sharing this. I need this kind of info more.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, ratedad said:

I got good news for you, bud!

wow! Awesome! Do you have to go back in 3 months to get a re-stamp?

Congrats Ratedad!  You did it !!! Good job!!!!!!!!!

:jest: I-751 Journey 2018-19 (Hardship Waiver --> Divorce Waiver)

USPSed to VSC:                        April 10

Received by VSC:                     April 13

Received Date:                          April 16

NOA1 Date:                                May 7

Check Cashed:                          May 9

NOA1 Letter Received:          May 12

Biometrics Notice Dated:         May 25

Biometrics Notice Received:   June 4

Biometrics Appointment:         June 15 

Biometrics Done:                       June 8 (Walk-In)

Transfer to Texas SC:                 March 20

Case Ready for Interview:         August 23

Interview Scheduled:                 September 4

On 5/15/2018 at 3:54 PM, JMDI said:

I would not recommend re-filing. The only reason to re-file would be if they lost your package, and that is clearly not the case. There is clearly a backlog and it is unfathomable that they would just misplace packages on whim. I am sure your application is there, waiting to be looked at by someone. I think sending in another application would be counter-productive. Let's hope the CSC gets their act together soon. I think the only recourse right now is to call them and make sure they know that this is causing real angst for people and also perhaps schedule an infopass appointment. The more people complain, the more likely it is that someone responsible takes notice and tries to move things along. Just my two cents. Good luck!

Hopefully this helps other people in my situation.

Just spoke to a tier 2 USCIS officer who also advised that the window for NOA has now been changed to 60 days at CSC. He also mentioned that rejections are logged immediately and there was no rejection logged for my A#. So, there is *some* pre-processing occurring-- just nothing added to the system yet. He also mentioned that in the odd chance that the application was rejected after my GC expired the reject notice would have a form and how to remedy the application and the initial application date would be the one they use so you're not instantly out of status. So to anyone who wanted to file a stand-by app-- this information should obviate that need.

Hopefully we start getting those notices soon.

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Nid12 said:

Spoke to level 2 officer. She said wait till 60 days. They are still processing it. 

funny how every level 2 officer says different things. Mine said 6 weeks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.