heatheve

I-751 April 2018 Filers

2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, coaya28006vj said:

The practice pointer is only available to members. 

The only comment is - if they truly started keying in on Monday. How has not one person on this website (3 days later) said - My check got cashed. Hence my skepticism. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, ratedad said:

Yup, my immigration attorney received this as well. She shared a screenshot of the page with me. It reads exactly what has been shared here already. So yeah... It's official! 

Dude but how come not one person has had their check cashed, if this thing started on Monday. My attorney actually said, it was a memo, but not official document was backing it :)... Who knows.

1 minute ago, Cougarfalcon83 said:

Dude but how come not one person has had their check cashed, if this thing started on Monday. My attorney actually said, it was a memo, but not official document was backing it :)... Who knows.

Yeah... Good question. I was thinking the same thing. I can't see anyone (filed at CSC on or after April 6th) on this forum or on Trackitt whose check has been cashed. So who knows what they mean by they've started entering the applications into the system on May 14th. 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, ratedad said:

Yeah... Good question. I was thinking the same thing. I can't see anyone (filed at CSC on or after April 6th) on this forum or on Trackitt whose check has been cashed. So who knows what they mean by they've started entering the applications into the system on May 14th. 

All lies.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Cougarfalcon83 said:

The only comment is - if they truly started keying in on Monday. How has not one person on this website (3 days later) said - My check got cashed. Hence my skepticism. 

6 minutes ago, Cougarfalcon83 said:

Let’s remember not everyone on visa journey is actively posting or may be passive members.  Plus there are thousands more applications than those on visa journey. So they probably are slowly getting to ours. I’m choosing to believe that we will start hearing more people posting news about CSC by next week. 

I know it’s hard but we need to be patient. Our time is coming. 

N-400/Citizenship process:

Applied online: 9/06/2020

NOA1 received: 9/07/2020

Biometric: reuse letter received 1/19/2021

Interview: 5/12/2021 - APPROVED!!! 😃

Oath Ceremony: 6/04/2021

----------------------------

ROC process:

Mailed I-751 petition package: 4/6/2018

USPS delivered I-751: 4/9/2018

Check cashed: 5/24/2018

NOA received: 5/26/2018

Biometric letter received: 3/1/2019; Biometric Appt: 3/11/2019

Case Transfer letter received: 3/11/2019

Online Status changes: Card being produced- 5/24/2019; case is approved - 5/28/2019; Card is mailed - 5/29/2019; USPS picked up for delivery - 5/30/2019 (ETA 6/1/2019)

Approval letter received: 5/31/2019 showing approval date of 5/24/2019

Card received: 6/1/2019

------------------------------

Married life begins! June 25, 2015 (L)

I-130 Petition Process:

FedEx overnight I-130: July 15, 2015

NOA1 hardcopy received: July 24, 2015 (PD July 16, 2015);  NOA2 hard copy received: January 16, 2016

Petition sent to NVC text & email: January 25, 2016

NVC Process:

NVC Received Petition: February 1, 2016 :dance:

Case Complete: April 27, 2016 :dance:(286 days from NOA1)

Received Interview Date: May 9, 2016 :dancing:  Received Interview/Appointment Letter via email: May 10, 2016

Embassy Process:

Medical Exam: May 24, 2016;  Fingerprinting: June 16, 2016

Interview: June 17, 2016 (337 days from NOA1) - APPROVED!!!!! :dancing: :dance: :yes: :lol: B-)

Notification of Passport/Visa ready for pick up: June 21, 2016;  Visa in hand: June 22, 2016

POE (DFW): July 4, 2016; SS Card received: July 14, 2016; Green Card received: September 8, 2016

Applied for corrected GC: October 7, 2016; Corrected GC approved: December 16, 2017;  Corrected GC Received: December 22, 2017

I'm so glad I found this forum just now! I just have a few questions that have been bothering me for the past few days. 

We are from San Francisco and we have an attorney that double checks all our papers to ensure that we have the right documents for our i-751. Our green card expired last April 26 although I am worried because we filed it about one week before our GC expires since we have to send some documents to our attorney back and forth since they want more evidence (and also, they are the ones filing it to the office). 

I read that it takes about 2-3 weeks before the Notice of Action. Until now, we haven't received any. Should I be worried? Also, how long does the biometrics appointment letter usually take after they sent the NOA

I am planning to travel to the Philippines around end of May-first week June if I receive the NOA  as well as the biometrics appointment (I will just go on an early walk-in basis) this week or next week so I'm in a rush.

The NOA and expired green card should work in re-entry to the US, right?

Any thoughts? 

32 minutes ago, Ysabelle Domingo said:

I'm so glad I found this forum just now! I just have a few questions that have been bothering me for the past few days. 

We are from San Francisco and we have an attorney that double checks all our papers to ensure that we have the right documents for our i-751. Our green card expired last April 26 although I am worried because we filed it about one week before our GC expires since we have to send some documents to our attorney back and forth since they want more evidence (and also, they are the ones filing it to the office). 

I read that it takes about 2-3 weeks before the Notice of Action. Until now, we haven't received any. Should I be worried? Also, how long does the biometrics appointment letter usually take after they sent the NOA

I am planning to travel to the Philippines around end of May-first week June if I receive the NOA  as well as the biometrics appointment (I will just go on an early walk-in basis) this week or next week so I'm in a rush.

The NOA and expired green card should work in re-entry to the US, right?

Any thoughts? 

I think you will be ok but timing could be close. As long as they cash your check you will be in the system and what customs (Detroit/Windsor border) told us is that they can check the system to see if your app was submitted. With that said, it’s much safer to get a passport stamp (assuming there is no time to receive the actual letter in the mail - which for many of us on here with impending travel we don’t) once you know they have receipted your application into the system (eg your check clears). What I haven’t confirmed is whether you need to make an infopass appt (online at USCIS site) or you can just walk in. Customs told us we could go to an office and get the stamp but we didn’t clarify whether we need an appt. I’ll post back when we confirm. Btw you will not be doing your biometrics before you leave. That will not occur that quickly. Customs also told us that a USCIS office may grant advance parole as well.  That may be up to who you get and how well they like your story of why you need to leave the country. Cheers. 

Edited by Mark77D

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

I'm posting here for the first time after two years. Update on my hubby's case: 

I-751 package sent to VSC- 4/23/18

Package received-  4/24/18

Check cashed today- 5/18/18

43 minutes ago, Kirankaur2997 said:

Hello everyone, 

I'm posting here for the first time after two years. Update on my hubby's case: 

I-751 package sent to VSC- 4/23/18

Package received-  4/24/18

Check cashed today- 5/18/18

Good News. Happy for you. 

4 minutes ago, Nid12 said:

VSC received my documents on april 11. I sent them demand draft. I’m still waiting for my NOA . No clue what to do. 

Did you call them? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Guys I can't believe we CSC lot are still waiting for our checks to be cashed when they got our packages early April.

Edited by ParabolaEulogy
Brain fog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.