dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview May 2018

1,149 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Violeta15 said:

A case complete is when they have reviewed your AOS and IV package and everything is all set for you to be scheduled for an interview. You know this either by calling or you can wait for an e-mail which for me was a week from my actual Case Complete date.

Does your case is a pivot case too? I sent mine yesterday and they reviewed today! OMG! Then I got a Case Complete in one day?????

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Paola93 said:

I would assume the ending part would be faster but I guess not. 

When we were waiting for the approval it seemed like forever and waiting for the interview also is taking long.

But what matters that we are almost done. 

Same here tbh I feel like this waiting is the worst than the approval at least to me it is but you are right we are almost done and hopefully everything goes well. Keep me updated girl and good luck! 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Caro559 said:

That's pretty cool! Did he personally go get it himself?

yes he did @Caro559 

Zamora was the closest to him instead of Morelia 

and one morning he left super early and was one of the first ones in line

and they asked him for his credencial, his birth certificate, infant size photos, and copy of the light bill ( he is currently living in michoacan)

and they told him to pick it up at 2:00 p.m. so he waited there for couple hours and received it the same day. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, carlinhoswave said:

Does your case is a pivot case too? I sent mine yesterday and they reviewed today! OMG! Then I got a Case Complete in one day?????

I am not sure what pivot case means. I just visited your profile and we both live in Maryland actually you live in the city I was previously in. It might be faster for Brazil but how do you know it was reviewed today?

Timeline
Just now, Violeta15 said:

I am not sure what pivot case means. I just visited your profile and we both live in Maryland actually you live in the city I was previously in. It might be faster for Brazil but how do you know it was reviewed today?

Pivot case is a case that everything is done electronically (CEAC), we pay the fees, we fill the form DS-260 online and we also upload all the documents for AOS and IV fee. So we basically can see everything there. I sent everything yesterday and then today I checked the status of the documents are "approved".

Timeline
7 minutes ago, carlinhoswave said:

Pivot case is a case that everything is done electronically (CEAC), we pay the fees, we fill the form DS-260 online and we also upload all the documents for AOS and IV fee. So we basically can see everything there. I sent everything yesterday and then today I checked the status of the documents are "approved".

Oh ok yea no mine was not done electronically the only thing I did online was pay the fees and Ds-260 but I had to mail in my documents so my CC took about 3 weeks. That’s awesome thoe congrats! You should get an email by next week. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Violeta15 said:

Same here tbh I feel like this waiting is the worst than the approval at least to me it is but you are right we are almost done and hopefully everything goes well. Keep me updated girl and good luck! 

I sure will and please keep me updated too. 

Good luck to you too. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Violeta15 said:

Oh ok yea no mine was not done electronically the only thing I did online was pay the fees and Ds-260 but I had to mail in my documents so my CC took about 3 weeks. That’s awesome thoe congrats! You should get an email by next week. 

yaaaaaaaaayyy!!! I'm so happy! Ready to move on to the next step hahaa! Thank you!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
14 minutes ago, carlinhoswave said:

Did your status change to "at NVC"? That's how you know for sure it's a case complete...and you can call to confirm. They are working very fast on pivot cases right now! I got the email the same day it was approved saying that they will now work with the embassy to schedule an interview. 

4-24-17 I-130 sent to Chicago Lock Box

4-25-17 NOA 1 & sent to TSC

11-15-17 NOA 2

12-26-17 Case sent to Dept. of State

1-08-18 NVC Received case

3-12-18 Case Number Assigned / AOS & IV Fees Paid

3-14-18 DS-260 Completed

3-16-18 Uploaded Civil Documents

3-21-18 Uploaded AOS Documents 

3-26-18 Checklist to reupload docs

3-29-18 Finished uploading docs

4-4-18 Case Complete

4-13-18 Received interview email

5-18-18 Interview date 

5-24-18 Visa Issued

47 minutes ago, Violeta15 said:

I sure hope so, the wait is the worst. I actually was going to wait to visit my husband until I got my interview but it seems like I’ll be making a trip after all! It’s so hard to be apart 😭

sorry to hear that your not together... my husband did i601 a waiver we have been together thru this whole process can't imagine being apart

Timeline
6 minutes ago, truelove29 said:

Did your status change to "at NVC"? That's how you know for sure it's a case complete...and you can call to confirm. They are working very fast on pivot cases right now! I got the email the same day it was approved saying that they will now work with the embassy to schedule an interview. 

Yes! It changed! It was really fast!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, imasunshine said:

sorry to hear that your not together... my husband did i601 a waiver we have been together thru this whole process can't imagine being apart

I am now just hearing of this waiver. I joined visajourney not too long ago but recently I see people speaking of this waiver, I wish I would have known sooner. 

1 minute ago, Violeta15 said:

I am now just hearing of this waiver. I joined visajourney not too long ago but recently I see people speaking of this waiver, I wish I would have known sooner. 

we did everything with a lawyer they should of told you your options if was was here in the U.S. he didn't have to leave the country he could've done the process here and just have to leave for interview

Timeline
12 minutes ago, imasunshine said:

we did everything with a lawyer they should of told you your options if was was here in the U.S. he didn't have to leave the country he could've done the process here and just have to leave for interview

I get it now, my situation seems completely different from yours. I didn’t have a lawyer and my husband has never been in the U.S. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.