Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, koold said:

I just created this account so I can add my experience here as well.

Not a combo filer. I applied for N400 on July 01, 2018. Got interview notice on Sep 11, 2019 for Oct 16, 2019 9.45 am interview.

My wife an I both had the same time (applied together). Reached at 9.20~ and checked in. We were in 70s in line.

We roughly had our interviews at 10am. My wife's number was called first and then I waited for 15 min before my number was called. In between some numbers higher than mine were called.

My interview was short about 10 min. Simple questions followed by N-400 questions about militia etc. (answer: NO) and some questions about will you serve US if necessary (answer: YES).

Officer said I will get oath on a different date since they are too full today, my wife will also have a future date. I said thanks and came outside. My wife was still not back from her interview. I was a bit concerned.

Then she came out and she passed as well. Apparently she got confused some N400 questions since she didn't go through them but she passed as well.  

However she was told she will get the oath for same day. That was another trouble.

In a little bit another officer came out handing oath letters to people. She got 10/16 and I got for 10/24. I spoke to that officer right then and he said he will try to reschedule and came back with new oath letter for same day. So we came back home at 4pm as US citizens :)

Congratulations!! How do you get same oath ceremony? Is it because you get your interview done before certain time?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, koold said:

I just created this account so I can add my experience here as well...

Congratulations! Would you please let me know in what area you are living? 

Edited by Roeentan

16 hours ago, Felicie said:

Wow. Did you look at your estimated time? Did it go all the way to cases taking longer than normal... 

When is your estimated completion time? 

It was September 2019 estimated completion. This is not accurate for us combo fillers since they don't do combo interviews anymore. We have to wait for our I751 to get approved by the office to which it was transferred, usually NBC. It could take forever.

3 hours ago, washingtonian said:

It was September 2019 estimated completion. This is not accurate for us combo fillers since they don't do combo interviews anymore. We have to wait for our I751 to get approved by the office to which it was transferred, usually NBC. It could take forever.

We are on the same boat. I called Customer Service yesterday and the message that they gave me was even more confusing. The person said that the I751 will get aoproved after I go through the naturalization in my local office.She emphasized that they won't adjudicate citizenship until the removal conditions are approved afterwards. I am very puzzled. We have seen cases in which the I751 is approved before, at the same time and even after the naturaliz interview. I will get more info during my Infopass appointment in December.

1 hour ago, GermanG said:

We are on the same boat. I called Customer Service yesterday and the message that they gave me was even more confusing. The person said that the I751 will get aoproved after I go through the naturalization in my local office.She emphasized that they won't adjudicate citizenship until the removal conditions are approved afterwards. I am very puzzled. We have seen cases in which the I751 is approved before, at the same time and even after the naturaliz interview. I will get more info during my Infopass appointment in December.

I feel like calling customer service at USCIS is a waste of time. They are reading off the script when they talk to us. Often times they know less then us. It does not matter if they are tier one or tier two officers

5 hours ago, washingtonian said:

Do you know any case that has combo interview in Seattle? Maybe we could talk to them and see what we should do

On 10/18/2019 at 8:39 AM, Felicie said:

Are they even transferring file to Portland or Oregon anymore? Seems they did transfer once in July and that’s it. 

anybody’s  file got transfer to Portland or Oregon after July?

any October filer got any information except irritating “case is being actively review .....”?

Edited by Himal

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

Another piece of data:

Interview date was 10/16;

Left the interview with "decision cannot be made";

Decision was made next day and approved;

Oath scheduled for 10/31

The document comes with a list of the same questions from form n400 (travelled out of us, crimes , marriage, communist party and so on) in the back about the interval between interview and oath.

I was informed that I can't change names during Seattle oath because they don't have something.

Good luck for everybody in the wait. I sure know how it is a very frustrating  process!

Congrats

21 minutes ago, promenad said:

Another piece of data:

Interview date was 10/16;

Left the interview with "decision cannot be made";

Decision was made next day and approved;

Oath scheduled for 10/31

The document comes with a list of the same questions from form n400 (travelled out of us, crimes , marriage, communist party and so on) in the back about the interval between interview and oath.

I was informed that I can't change names during Seattle oath because they don't have something.

Good luck for everybody in the wait. I sure know how it is a very frustrating  process!

Congrats Promenad! What date in July 2018 did you file and where in the region are you based (Eastside or Seattle)?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, Seattle_ite said:

Congrats

Congrats Promenad! What date in July 2018 did you file and where in the region are you based (Eastside or Seattle)?

Oh I updated the timeline but the link dont work:

Seattle based not transferred

Applied on July 3, 2018

Removal of pending conditions approved on July 5, 2018 (i think was just coincidence)

Interview October 16, 2019

Oath scheduled October 31, 2019

2 minutes ago, promenad said:

Oh I updated the timeline but the link dont work:

Seattle based not transferred

Applied on July 3, 2018

Removal of pending conditions approved on July 5, 2018 (i think was just coincidence)

Interview October 16, 2019

Oath scheduled October 31, 2019

Congrats Promenad!!

One question..your removal of conditions were approved on July 5, 2018 or 2019?

Did they send you the actual Green Card?

PS: Now you can go and visit Buenos Aires and try some steak on my behalf!! congrats again!

Timeline
Just now, GermanG said:

Congrats Promenad!!

One question..your removal of conditions were approved on July 5, 2018 or 2019?

Did they send you the actual Green Card?

PS: Now you can go and visit Buenos Aires and try some steak on my behalf!! congrats again!

yes on july 5th, 2018 (i had applied the year before so it took an year and a month and it was sent to vermont and then transferred when I moved to seattle).

It was quite weird but i guess was unrelated with me having applied for citizenship 2 days earlier (and the 4th was a holiday).

yes they did send me the 10 years greencard.

oh man my family is still there having fun but at least they are going to be back for the oath!

6 minutes ago, promenad said:

yes on july 5th, 2018 (i had applied the year before so it took an year and a month and it was sent to vermont and then transferred when I moved to seattle).

It was quite weird but i guess was unrelated with me having applied for citizenship 2 days earlier (and the 4th was a holiday).

yes they did send me the 10 years greencard.

oh man my family is still there having fun but at least they are going to be back for the oath!

Yes!! I feel super happy for you!! :)

I hope your good vibes are spread all over us so we can also celebrate soon!

I am trying to figure out if they are still doing combo interviews or not.

After I called Customer Service last week, I was was even more confused than before making the phone call.

The person told me that the 10-year GC will be approved after they interview me in Seattle....so I wonder...will the estimated CAse completion date (16 months for me, after N400 filing) still be true?

Will they call NBC to approve my I751 after I go to Seattle office?

Will NBC send Seattle my papers on time?

How can I make sure?

It seems silly but in fact, it's their job to be on top of our cases!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.