Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, promenad said:

next week is the interview!

Pomenad...for you it will be approximately 15.5 months for the N400 to be approved. 

But did you get first your lifiting conditions (I mean, I751, Removal of Conditions) approved?

Are you going to a combo interview or is it going be solely a Naturalization-only interview?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, GermanG said:

Pomenad...for you it will be approximately 15.5 months for the N400 to be approved. 

But did you get first your lifiting conditions (I mean, I751, Removal of Conditions) approved?

Are you going to a combo interview or is it going be solely a Naturalization-only interview?

Was really weird. I applied on the 3rd of june 2018 for n-400 with my i-751 still pending. On the 5th I got a letter saying that the i-751 was approved and card was in production... so I guess it is going to be a n400 interview only... Im quite nervous cause my case is not the most straightforward.... fingers crossed! 

4 minutes ago, promenad said:

Was really weird. I applied on the 3rd of june 2018 for n-400 with my i-751 still pending. On the 5th I got a letter saying that the i-751 was approved and card was in production... so I guess it is going to be a n400 interview only... Im quite nervous cause my case is not the most straightforward.... fingers crossed! 

Best of luck! (from your fellow Argentinean :)

So, it seems that it's possible to get the I751 approved prior to being on board for the N400.

I am wondering..did you file your I751 to the California Service Center like most part of Seattlelites like me did?

Did you do anything special to accelerate your I751 (call Customer Service, set an Infopass, etc.)?

Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, GermanG said:

Best of luck! (from your fellow Argentinean :)

So, it seems that it's possible to get the I751 approved prior to being on board for the N400.

I am wondering..did you file your I751 to the California Service Center like most part of Seattlelites like me did?

Did you do anything special to accelerate your I751 (call Customer Service, set an Infopass, etc.)?

No... I was living in the east coast when i filled (i think it went to vermont) so my case was transfered to california when I changed my address. I did nothing about the I751. I wasn't expecting to have it approved in fact and went ahead because the 3 years rule for the n400 was already kicking. When I received the email a few days after I was quite surprised and thought about calling to see if it was a mistake but sure enough the card arrived before i did anything.

Hope it answers your questions! 

Oh Argentina! I was supposed to be in BsAs right now if wasn't this stuff!!!! For real!

3 minutes ago, promenad said:

No... I was living in the east coast when i filled (i think it went to vermont) so my case was transfered to california when I changed my address. I did nothing about the I751. I wasn't expecting to have it approved in fact and went ahead because the 3 years rule for the n400 was already kicking. When I received the email a few days after I was quite surprised and thought about calling to see if it was a mistake but sure enough the card arrived before i did anything.

Hope it answers your questions! 

Oh Argentina! I was supposed to be in BsAs right now if wasn't this stuff!!!! For real!

Oh..my Buenos Aires...you should go and open a good bottle of Malbec with a good steak to celebrate your Citizenship! (unless you are vegetarian..in that case, good luck to find a vegan restaurante in Argentina! :)

It's very encouraging your case. In fact, I believe that a large proportion of people in this Forum is combo filers like me.

The only part that is dramatically different is your Service Center (Vermont vs. California), which could explain why you got issued a Green Card.

I still wonder if other California/Seattle combo filers were recently scheduled in the 15-16 month window from the time they filed their N400.

I think I reached a conclusion that each person's journey is very different from each other.

Combo filers are part of the big Pandora's box that is the National Benefit Center. My I751 got transferred there in December 2018 and only God knows what will happen with it.

Filed N-400 on September 30. Biometrics on October 23 in Seattle. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

16 hours ago, GermanG said:

Today the beehive has been quiet...no news, good news. :)

Great night for everyone (and stay warm).

The estimate time for my case is going down each days, 28 days as of today but judging from what others experience i might have to take the estimated time with a grain of salt. But at least its moving. Check your estimated time, see if it changes 

1 hour ago, Felicie said:

The estimate time for my case is going down each days, 28 days as of today but judging from what others experience i might have to take the estimated time with a grain of salt. But at least its moving. Check your estimated time, see if it changes 

Mine says "Estimated case completion: February 2020 (4 months).  Estimated wait time: 3 months".

I filed the N-400 around October 20, 2018.

It keeps going down at the beginning of the month.

The I-751 keeps saying the same thing: "On December..2018, we transferred your case and a new office has jurisdiction"

Nothing new under the sun. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline
On 10/10/2019 at 1:04 PM, GermanG said:

Mine says "Estimated case completion: February 2020 (4 months).  Estimated wait time: 3 months".

I filed the N-400 around October 20, 2018.

It keeps going down at the beginning of the month.

The I-751 keeps saying the same thing: "On December..2018, we transferred your case and a new office has jurisdiction"

Nothing new under the sun. 

What’s going on with Seattle, seems like we are the longest waiting for the interview from entire nation. Texas, NYC, California and  Arizona used  to be longer than Washington but anymore. Is every  OI quits? 😢

6 minutes ago, kylat4n said:

What’s going on with Seattle, seems like we are the longest waiting for the interview from entire nation. Texas, NYC, California and  Arizona used  to be longer than Washington but anymore. Is every  OI quits? 😢

Yeah I know right? I hate waiting this long and not hearing from them. We are approaching 2 year wait time for N-400 it’s just crazy 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.