Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2019 at 4:42 PM, Bas prolific said:

Do anyone know which dates they are processing for N400 for Seattle applicants? I get an email every month saying my estimated process completion time but they recently added like 4 more months to my estimated waiting time. Do anyone else have this issue?

Yeah they added 3 months in my process as well. A friend of mine got an interview and will be taking it next month. He applied the same time I did, Sep 2018 and did his biometrics in Oct. 1018. 

12 hours ago, Felicie said:

Yeah they added 3 months in my process as well. A friend of mine got an interview and will be taking it next month. He applied the same time I did, Sep 2018 and did his biometrics in Oct. 1018. 

Is September 2018 the latest application being processed so?

3 minutes ago, GermanG said:

Is September 2018 the latest application being processed so?

I got scheduled for interview almost 10 days ago and I field my application on April 17th. My interview is July 15th. 

2 hours ago, Jazzbun said:

I got scheduled for interview almost 10 days ago and I field my application on April 17th. My interview is July 15th. 

Thank you, Jazzbun. So they are still stuck with the April applications. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, GermanG said:

Thank you, Jazzbun. So they are still stuck with the April applications. 

I filed May 2,2018 and got interview schedule few days ago. My interview will be on July 23rd. And it will be in Portland. 

1 hour ago, Curve said:

Wait... you applied to the Seattle office, but your interview is in Portland?

Yes, part of the new plan to cut wait times at busier offices. Some people are being sent to neighboring states for interviews. 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

To add to the raft of April 2018 filers, I filed on April 24, 2018 and this week I was notified that my interview is on July 22, 2019 at 12:45. 

I guess based on reading this forum, if things go well, I would expect to have to expect to come back another day for the ceremony because it would be too late in the day to do it in the same day. No complaints, at least I’m relieved that it’s been scheduled. 

On 6/8/2019 at 6:09 AM, Mari26 said:

I got the same email this morning. This seems really weird, being that you know... we are suppoused to do the interview here in Seattle. My Estimated wait time reads 4 months now though. Guess we need to wait for the letter. Anyone else? 

2010603323_ScreenShot2019-06-08at6_08_03AM.thumb.png.f2256dfa97a43e74b132a2e422820b2e.png

@Mari26 What's your estimated case completion time now?

3 hours ago, promenad said:

With all those developments what is the average wait now? My case is going to turn one year on the 3rd of july. When should I hope to have an interview?

For the last few interviews in July, the average wait time from filing to interview is 450 days (increased from 435 days the month before). It's too soon to tell how much the wait time will improve as a result of this workload shifting to Portland, but I really hope that they will shift some more to Yakima, WA as well.

8 hours ago, SqueakyBed said:

It's been a 47 days and I am still waiting for them to issue my Request For Evidence.

I know they want the tax transcripts but I can't send them because I am waiting on them to issue the request 😡

Like why does it take months for them to click a few buttons on the keyboard and send me the damn request :(

Make sure that they have the correct address. There is a limit of how long they will wait for your response (I think 8 weeks) before they declare that your application is abandoned. 

16 minutes ago, PK_ said:

Make sure that they have the correct address. There is a limit of how long they will wait for your response (I think 8 weeks) before they declare that your application is abandoned. 

The max USCIS' waiting time for RFE response is 12 weeks. 

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-1067/0-0-0-1318.html#0-0-0-280

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.