Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
13 minutes ago, oceanborn said:

Looks like we're interview-buddies for the same day. What time is yours? Mine is at 9:45AM

Hope so..😁

The letter is not showing yet tho.😁

Hopefully I'll get the same date.🤞

I'll check the website tomorrow hopefully it will show..🙏

Timeline

Now that I received notice that they scheduled my interview, my worries started again.

My situation is, I stayed in the Philippines for 10 months year 2017,coz my husband got disabled and I got short term disability from my work due to pregnancy complications..

Can't afford the rent here, and expenses, that's why we decided to stay in the Philippines to give birth, and my husband filed ss disability while we were there.

We came back here when my son was 3 months old. And can't able to work yet. So I quit my work when we gets back.

I'm worried that they will deny my application. :(

Also, we decided to continue the petition of 2 kids in the Philippines and they finally got here in March 2018.

I've read that if u have proof that u didn't intent to stay out of country for good, you'll be fine..

When we came back here, I was still employed, but I've quit the following month.

I hope they will consider my reason.🤞

Edited by jamira

Timeline
29 minutes ago, Jazzbun said:

Hahaha mine is at the same time :D I guess I will be seeing you on July 15th :)

How many days til the letter shows in the document tab?

49 minutes ago, Jazzbun said:

Hahaha mine is at the same time :D I guess I will be seeing you on July 15th :)

Indeed! See you in the waiting room!

19 minutes ago, jamira said:

How many days til the letter shows in the document tab?

It's usually 1-2 business days until the letter is displayed which will confirm your appointment time.

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, oceanborn said:

Indeed! See you in the waiting room!

It's usually 1-2 business days until the letter is displayed which will confirm your appointment time.

Thank u.. :) I'll check again tomorrow then.

Timeline

So, my interview will be on July 23rd..

And it will be in Portland. Looks like they are serious about transferring other applications..

I wonder if Portland has same day oath?

Edited by jamira

7 minutes ago, jamira said:

So, my interview will be on July 23rd..

And it will be in Portland. Looks like they are serious about transferring other applications..

I wonder if Portland has same day oath?

For real? Please explain. 

I just checked Portland's processing time. Looks like they're processing way faster than Seattle

Timeline
13 minutes ago, yippy_j said:

For real? Please explain. 

I just checked Portland's processing time. Looks like they're processing way faster than Seattle

Yes. I'm actually surprised. It would be short drive to Seattle than Portland,but no complain.😁

7 minutes ago, jamira said:

Yes. I'm actually surprised. It would be short drive to Seattle than Portland,but no complain.😁

Can I know your timeline?

Thank you so so much.

On 6/14/2019 at 2:03 AM, charna said:

My case has been updated with the following update as well. Looks like this is more common now. My date is May 24, 2018.

We transferred your application to another USCIS field office for review

USCIS has just posted that they are shifting N-400 cases around to balance the load at different offices. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-aims-decrease-processing-times-n-400-and-i-485

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
2 hours ago, PK_ said:

USCIS has just posted that they are shifting N-400 cases around to balance the load at different offices. 

https://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-aims-decrease-processing-times-n-400-and-i-485

If they at least make a decision about the applications they have, instead of keep pilling them up, I think they would have enough time to process all these applications.

I contacted the office last week to check on my application, and I got a response that my case is pending because of documents that they requested from me at the time of the interview, which is not true. At the time of the interview, they only told me we need to review your file and we will make a decision based on that. I contacted the office again, asking about what they need especially that I have never received any documents from them and the answer was, that whatever they asked for should be in the documents section of my profile. I checked and there's nothing.

So now, I asked my lawyer to check with the officer directly on what's going on...I really cannot wait for this nightmare to be over. 

Just thought of sharing my frustration :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.