Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, AHG said:

Wow, 

I am sorry to hear that...I know it's a rough time for you, but as others have mentioned we are all in the same boat. All we have to do is to stay focused and as positive as possible.

Sorry few questions, you mentioned that you owned 10$ in taxes and you forgot about it. Did they actually ask you about it? did they like have a file showing that owed money? 

I am asking because during my interview, the officer was always looking at the screen to verify my responses. I was very honest and I had nothing to hide at all, since it was all in the application. But then she asked me a question and I responded truthfully, so she looked at her screen and asked me about it again "Are you sure about that?" So I said I was sure, but she looked not at ease. So not sure what she was looking for, so I am wondering if they have like a file other than then actual application that they would be looking at.

Let me know please.

Thanks.

He asked me if I currently owe any federal taxes and I said No, And he moved on to the next question and mid way I was like wait, I just remembered I actually do owe $100 in taxes for 2018 and so he stopped and typed that in the computer, Basically I shot myself in the foot, I wish I didn't remember that damn $100 because I am 100% sure the interview would have been a success and I would have took the oath today if it wasn't for it :(

I hate the IRS, First they **** me and tax the **** out of my income and now I get screwed by them because of $100

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
40 minutes ago, SqueakyBed said:

He asked me if I currently owe any federal taxes and I said No, And he moved on to the next question and mid way I was like wait, I just remembered I actually do owe $100 in taxes for 2018 and so he stopped and typed that in the computer, Basically I shot myself in the foot, I wish I didn't remember that damn $100 because I am 100% sure the interview would have been a success and I would have took the oath today if it wasn't for it :(

I hate the IRS, First they **** me and tax the **** out of my income and now I get screwed by them because of $100

Since you volunteered the information I would ASSUME that this shouldn't be an issue. I would definitely recommend settling this 100$ asap and send them a note or something stating that you are completely settled with the IRS.

On the other hand, even-though it might look like you shot yourself in the foot, I think you did the right thing. I hope they see it this way. But yeah you're right, god knows how many people are getting naturalized by not disclosing all the information...

Anyhow, hope things work out with you and keep us posted. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Just now, Felicie said:

Guys I applied on 09/2018 (Seattle office) with a pending I-751 (10/2017). What’s gonna happen? the wait is just terrible. When do you think I’ll hear back from them, get an interview...? 

Welcome Felicie,

If they maintain the current inefficiency with their processing times, I don't think you would hear from them before end of October to mid November (Depending on when you applied in September 2018) with the interview scheduled probably in December to early January 2020.

19 minutes ago, Felicie said:

Guys I applied on 09/2018 (Seattle office) with a pending I-751 (10/2017). What’s gonna happen? the wait is just terrible. When do you think I’ll hear back from them, get an interview...? 

Hi Felice!

I am in similar situation than you (N400: end of October 2018) and pending I-751 (November 2017), offset by 1 month.

On myUSCIS website, it says (for me) wait time 6 months (probably to receive the letter) and 7 months (to have the interview).

And looking at other people's timelines, it looks like it is taking (on average) 13 months to receive the letter and 14 months to have the actual interview.

So, I don't think they are that "off" from what they have published on the myUSCIS website.

Does anybody have different information?

Another story is what happens after you have the interview.

1- If it's in the morning and the officer is senior, bong! you are done with the Oath the same day.

2-If  it's in the afternoon and the officer is senior, could be scheduled 2 weeks later on.

3-If the officer is junior, only God knows what happens! ;)

My estimated completion time for N400 is November 2019 with 5 months for the next action. Not sure if they could call me earlier. I have a friend who filed in August 2018 (only 1 month before me) got scheduled for n400 interview in Jan and completed the whole process in March 2019.... 

I hate that they combine my I751 with n400. Now it just sucks. 

17 hours ago, Felicie said:

My estimated completion time for N400 is November 2019 with 5 months for the next action. Not sure if they could call me earlier. I have a friend who filed in August 2018 (only 1 month before me) got scheduled for n400 interview in Jan and completed the whole process in March 2019.... 

I hate that they combine my I751 with n400. Now it just sucks. 

Wo0w She is really lucky!!! I filed in April 2018 for N400 and haven't even receive an interview date:(

I got my US Citizenship on Wednesday!

I wanted to share my experience here since I can definitely understand all the frustration that's going around here on this forum but hopefully this *can* brighten up everyone's Friday. I did not do a 751/400 combo. Also, enjoy the beautiful weather that we're having in Seattle/PNW!

I filed my N-400 Feb 2018 so right on target with the 14 month wait for the Seattle office. I had my N-400 interview on May 2 @ 7:15 AM. The officer was very direct and to the point, but courteous and professional. It's clear that he had been doing his job for quite a while. He asked me to raise my right hand to tell the truth, to read and write a sentence on the iPad, to answer the 6 civics questions. After these steps, he got into my application to confirm some details and to answer all the Yes/No questions again. He kept on looking at his computer while asking me questions presumably to confirm my responses. After a long silence (which seemed like forever), he handed me a paper and said that I passed my test and that my application was approved! All in all the interview took less than 15 mins.

He asked me what I was doing at 1:30 and if I could take the oath on the same day. I said yes of course! So in Seattle at least, same day oaths are really a thing. The oath ceremony was small compared to others that I've heard of. There were only 80+ of us from 35+ different countries. It took longer for everyone to get checked in and seated vs. the actual oath/ceremony. They did hand out certificates one by one as they read each person's name which was nice.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bridge12219 said:

I got my US Citizenship on Wednesday!

I wanted to share my experience here since I can definitely understand all the frustration that's going around here on this forum but hopefully this *can* brighten up everyone's Friday. I did not do a 751/400 combo. Also, enjoy the beautiful weather that we're having in Seattle/PNW!

I filed my N-400 Feb 2018 so right on target with the 14 month wait for the Seattle office. I had my N-400 interview on May 2 @ 7:15 AM. The officer was very direct and to the point, but courteous and professional. It's clear that he had been doing his job for quite a while. He asked me to raise my right hand to tell the truth, to read and write a sentence on the iPad, to answer the 6 civics questions. After these steps, he got into my application to confirm some details and to answer all the Yes/No questions again. He kept on looking at his computer while asking me questions presumably to confirm my responses. After a long silence (which seemed like forever), he handed me a paper and said that I passed my test and that my application was approved! All in all the interview took less than 15 mins.

He asked me what I was doing at 1:30 and if I could take the oath on the same day. I said yes of course! So in Seattle at least, same day oaths are really a thing. The oath ceremony was small compared to others that I've heard of. There were only 80+ of us from 35+ different countries. It took longer for everyone to get checked in and seated vs. the actual oath/ceremony. They did hand out certificates one by one as they read each person's name which was nice.

Congratulations!!!🎉

I can't wait to be done as well.. 😁

What exact date u filed?

And do u know the exact date when u received a status regarding interview schedule? 

I'm going to start tracking mine since it's already 1 year since filing.. 

May 2,2018 is my filing date..hope to hear from them soon. 😊

It should start happening soon.

I filed April 17 2018 -- based on the 14 month average, I should be set to receive a notification in the next week or so for the interview which is likely to be at the end of June.

Edited by oceanborn

Be prepared for the eternal waiting game. Be prepared for average news.

Adjustment of Status Journey

Spoiler

07/16/2013 - Successful interview, 2-yr Green Card approved!

Removal of Conditions Journey

Spoiler

11/03/2015 - Approved, card production ordered (164 days!)

11/10/2015 - 10-yr Green Card received (IR6) -- journey over for now!

Citizenship Journey (N-400)

Spoiler

07/15/2019 - Ceremony scheduled for 07/31/2019
07/31/2019 - Journey is finally over. Citizen of the USA.

I received a request for evidence on May 9th and it only shows under documents tab but no where else. The Case status tab still shows "We scheduled your interview".

image.thumb.png.f89e13988b6cd5936da9f130b8f34b2b.png

And when I try to click view my letter all I get is this:

image.thumb.png.2d4a91f941d9bbd25a0723998c446eb9.png

Now I am waiting to get the letter in the mail to find out exactly what they want as evidence.

Does anybody know how long this would take after I submit the evidence? I passed the interview and everything.

Edited by SqueakyBed

On 4/18/2019 at 10:01 PM, dedmakar said:

Hello,

My filling date is April 5 and still didn't receive the interview email.

Did anybody request to change a name in the naturalization form?

Can it influence on the timeline? Can I deny the rename request at the interview?

Thanks

Hi Did you get a date for your interview yet?

1 hour ago, SqueakyBed said:

I received a request for evidence on May 9th and it only shows under documents tab but no where else. The Case status tab still shows "We scheduled your interview".

image.thumb.png.f89e13988b6cd5936da9f130b8f34b2b.png

And when I try to click view my letter all I get is this:

image.thumb.png.2d4a91f941d9bbd25a0723998c446eb9.png

Now I am waiting to get the letter in the mail to find out exactly what they want as evidence.

Does anybody know how long this would take after I submit the evidence? I passed the interview and everything.

When did you have your interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.