Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I filed N400 in April 2018 after filing I-751 in February 2017. Both applications are still pending.  I’m on my second stamp and will need a third in a couple weeks. This is extremely frustrating in general- no progress on either case and the possibility that I won’t even be able to get my extension stamp due to the office being closed. I have no idea what’s going on with my file. I’ve made inquiries, they just told me to wait. The closure will mean an even longer wait. 

Edited by immianxiety

16 minutes ago, immianxiety said:

I filed N400 in April 2018 after filing I-751 in February 2017. Both applications are still pending.  I’m on my second stamp and will need a third in a couple weeks. This is extremely frustrating in general- no progress on either case and the possibility that I won’t even be able to get my extension stamp due to the office being closed. I have no idea what’s going on with my file. I’ve made inquiries, they just told me to wait. The closure will mean an even longer wait. 

We are all in similar situations.

Please try to use the "free tools" that we all have:

1) Send USCIS Ombudsman a written complaint about your case. https://www.dhs.gov/topic/cis-ombudsman

2) Call Customer Service and ask to speak with Tier-2 officer (Tier-1 is an employee who works as a third party and does not have power of decision. Ask for a second tier)

3) Send letters to your:

a) US Congressman. It depends on the district that you live. Your local Washington State legislatures can be found by entering your address into the district finder tool: http://app.leg.wa.gov/districtfinder/

b) US Senator. It does not depend where you live. I wrote to Maria Cantwell and she replied very quickly.

4) Call Customer Service and ask them for an Infopass appointment,. They will call you in 72h after the phone call. I am not sure how are they going to proceed with Tukwila office being closed but give them a try.

I have traveled in and out of the country since January 2018 with an expired Green Card using the I-551 stamp and had not problems at all.

Bring extra documentation like a letter from your employer, bills, paperwork that you filed for naturalization, etc.

The I-551 is also a proof for work eligibility (for the I-9 federal form) so you can use it to as a proof of your permanent status in the HR department.

I hope this helps. If somebody in this forum knows about another alternative way to accelerate things, please let us all know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I received an email from USCIS this morning

"USCIS will send notices with rescheduling instructions to applicants and petitioners with scheduled appointments impacted by this closure. Application Support Center (ASC) appointments missed due to the office closure will be rescheduled by USCIS and you will receive a new appointment letter in the mail. Individuals who had InfoPass appointments at the field office will be rescheduled through the USCIS Contact Center."

It did not say when their office will be back open. King county recommends people work from home till the end of March. 

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Timeline

Seattle office really needs more workers. But this administration has placed a hiring freeze on non-asylum related workers since Dec 2019, meaning in the year of 2020 the situation in Seattle will not improve.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Well, I had my interview on 03/03 at 7:55AM. When we arrived we found a homeland security patrol blocking the access. At that point they weren't disclosing the reason for the closure. They just said they would rescheduled. But we suspected it was Coronavirus, which was later confirmed. I received an email this morning asking to log in and check the actions on my file. Apparently I was rescheduled already. The document is not visible yet. SO, I still don't know when or where. Hope it's soon. But honestly, I doubt it.

Also, I file on 03/04/2019. My original appointment was a day before the year. 

Edited by Nana1978
Missing info

On 3/5/2020 at 10:47 AM, immianxiety said:

Wow and I thought I had a longest wait. I filed N-400 in April 2018 and I-751 in June 2017. I got my second stamp in November but the officer only gave me 6 months because "your case should be complete by then".... 

I made inquiries to several sources but nothing has been very helpful. If you don't have travel plans abroad or start a new job soon, there is no rush in getting it stamped I think?

Timeline

I received an email this morning for rescheduling. I'm hoping to see the details by mail soon.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Timeline

14 minutes ago, py6 said:

I received an email this morning for rescheduling. I'm hoping to see the details by mail soon.

Log in into your acct again. I got the same email and checked earlier in the morning. It only said it was rescheduled.

I check 5 minutes ago and I was already rescheduled for April 14 at 7:55AM

Edited by Nana1978

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Nana1978 said:

Log in into your acct again. I got the same email and checked earlier in the morning. It only said it was rescheduled.

I check 5 minutes ago and I was already rescheduled for April 14 at 7:55AM

I still don't have it. My original interview never showed up in the documents section. April 14 is quite a pushback...

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-20 Voted!

Timeline
Just now, py6 said:

I still don't have it. My original interview never showed up in the documents section. April 14 is quite a pushback...

Yes, I know! But at least I have a tentative day now. 

The Seattle office is temporarily closed due to a coronavirus exposure incident:

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices/washington-seattle-field-office

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/uscis-office-closings

seattle1.JPG

seattle.JPG

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

https://www.uscis.gov/about-us/find-a-uscis-office/field-offices/washington-seattle-field-office

Just saw an update this morning...

The Seattle Application Support Center (ASC) will reopen to the public on March 10 and the Seattle Field Office will reopen to the public on March 11. USCIS closed the office on March 3, due to a now-confirmed case of COVID-19. We appreciate the public’s patience as we work to reschedule appointments.

DHS had the offices professionally cleaned according to the Center for Disease Control’s standards prior to reopening.

If you did not attend your USCIS biometrics appointment due to the closure of the Seattle ASC from March 3, 2020 to March 9, 2020, we will automatically reschedule your appointment.  We will send new appointment notices in the order they were originally scheduled, starting with appointments scheduled for March 3, 2020. 

USCIS will process individuals holding appointments at the Seattle ASC from March 10 forward at their scheduled appointment date and time. Due to heavy case volumes, USCIS will not be able to accommodate walk-in visitors or individuals arriving at other than their scheduled appointment date/time.

If you have an emergency and cannot wait for a new appointment notice by mail, please call 1-800-375-5283 or visit another ASC as a walk-in; the closest ASCs are Portland, Oregon, and Yakima, Washington. 

Please note: USCIS is unable to automatically re-schedule appointments for Canadian and United Kingdom visa applicants.

• Canada Visa Applicants: please visit the Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada website for updated information.

• UK Visa Applicants: please visit the UK Visas and Immigration website for updated information.

40 minutes ago, seahawk24 said:

So the estimate for my N400 application has now been removed. Any idea what is going on?

The estimates were removed across the board about 1 week ago! Nobody knows why. 

CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

4/2019: Submitted N400

5/2019: Biometrics (3 weeks)

2/2020: Interview (10 months)

3/2020: Oath & naturalization (11 months)

6/2020: Passport received (3 months)

Officially a U.S. Citizen! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.