Ck207

N400 Seattle (merged)

3,836 posts in this topic

Apparently, there is a corona virus scare in Immigration office at Seattle

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/immigration-office-in-tukwila-closed-tuesday-feds-wont-say-why/?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=489331

I have my old parents traveling from abroad just for this interview, do you think it is advisable to cancel the trip and ask for reschedule?

3 minutes ago, r2ichennai said:

Apparently, there is a corona virus scare in Immigration office at Seattle

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/immigration-office-in-tukwila-closed-tuesday-feds-wont-say-why/?utm_medium=notification&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=489331

I have my old parents traveling from abroad just for this interview, do you think it is advisable to cancel the trip and ask for reschedule?

It looks like the entire building is closed for 14 days, which would mean:  no interviews.

I received this reply this morning from Ombudsman. With the Seattle Field office being closed for 14 days, the wait is getting longer :( 

I totally support their decision, however, to protect their employees and public safety. My N-400 will for sure pass the 2-year mark (submitted April 8th, 2018).

image.png.f7ad1b06f4d47173a5dd074382967046.png

Edited by Dani N

Weird.  Well, the first article (Seattle Times) did say 14 days, but maybe that call has yet to be made by USCIS, and will be evaluated on a daily basis?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Provided that the Seattle office is closed for 14 days:

If you are scheduled an interview anywhere from 3/3 to 3/17, USCIS will automatically reschedule your interview. You do not need to do anything. However they might not start rescheduling until they are back to work.

If you have an INFOPASS appointment, you must reschedule it on your own.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

7 hours ago, py6 said:

Provided that the Seattle office is closed for 14 days:

If you are scheduled an interview anywhere from 3/3 to 3/17, USCIS will automatically reschedule your interview. You do not need to do anything. However they might not start rescheduling until they are back to work.

If you have an INFOPASS appointment, you must reschedule it on your own.

Where did you see the information regarding the rescheduling?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Kylekyle said:

Where did you see the information regarding the rescheduling?

On their office close website.

2015-03-23 AOS filed

2015-12-29 AOS approved

2017-10-03 I-751 filed

2018-10-02 N400 filed

2020-07-16 I-751 & N400 approved. Sworn in as a US citizen.

2020-07-16 Registered to vote & applied for passport

2020-07-20 Voted!

#VoteLikeYourLifeDependsOnIt

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Nice .
First they had an 2016 election backlog which they are still struggling with in 2020 😲😲.  Now they will have an added COVID-19 situation backlog which only god knows will add how many years more 🙂 🙂 🙂 . Applications will keep piling up as they are mostly filed online by applicants. 

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/immigration-office-in-tukwila-closed-tuesday-feds-wont-say-why/

Edited by arnab221

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I can't find that page that show how long for you case to complete anymore on MyUSCIS page, did they remove that countdown feature?

Edited by aleleka

6 minutes ago, aleleka said:

I can't find that page that show how long for you case to complete anymore on MyUSCIS page, did they remove that countdown feature?

Yes, they removed the count down (mine used to say "February 2020") ;)

Also, they removed the recurrent and encouraging message: "We are taking longer than expected to process your case. You don't need to do anything at this time".

I am preparing my second letter to US Senator Cantwell and what I am going to do differently this time is volunteer and offer to get interviewed in a different city or different state.

Maybe if they have people that volunteer to travel for the interview, things go faster. I don't know if this is going to work but I'll try.

498 days passed since i filed N-400 and 852 days! since I751...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.