CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

We filed on Jan 9 2020.  Had Biometrics 2 weeks later.  Since then, We've heard nothing.  Completion date states July 2020.  No interview scheduled.  We sent a message to USCIS through the portal but only received a generic response with processing times and procedures.  Trying to be patient but it's frustrating.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I talked to my attorney yesterday. She was telling me that she had someone file in December and they had their interview De-Scheduled and still are waiting on a new date. 

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Any news from anyone in Detroit? There aren't very many of us on here, unfortunately. I'm still waiting to get an interview date after filing in January.

Met: December 2009

Married: April 2015

Received CR-1 visa: February 2017

POE (as IR-1): April 2017

Oath ceremony: November 2020

Timeline
6 hours ago, Filam2020 said:

Filed May 20,2020. Still waiting for biometrics 😕

You filed on my birthday. 😊 But argh, what is the freaking hold up! I filed pre-covid and I got my biometrics date 4 days after filing. I’m sorry that you and @Dkell are still waiting!

Edited by JlovesA

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Filed April 15th. All I received was a receipt letter. It did not mention anything about biometrics so  perhaps they are using mine from a couple of years ago that I got done. I see some movement for other Locations such as Cleveland but nothing from Detroit. 

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I received my interview notification on the 5th, and mine is November 9th. So glad to finally move onto the next step.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Dkell said:

What date did you apply?

January 14, 2020.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Man if you filed in January and had your biometrics in February. People who filed durving COVID (like myself in April) and have not even had their Biometrics have no hope lol. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Just received a notice from the USCIS that my Biometrics can be reused. I applied back in on April 15th and this letter is dated October 28th.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.