CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, arya said:

I had my interview today.  It was at 8am, but I arrived around 7:30.  There were already whole lot of people getting in the building.  Going through the check in was a breeze, everyone was very friendly.  The agent called around 8:10 with about 10 people going in before me.  The agent that interviewed me was so friendly and very nice.  There was another agent in the room, but she just observed.  She went over some personal info, put me under oath, and then we did the test first.  I read the sentence "Who elects congress?", then I wrote "People elect congress".  My civics test was 6 questions:  Who wrote the declaration of independence, who is in charge of the military, name 3 original states, name one state that borders Mexico, which party is president's party, and which two parties are there in the USA.  Very easy.  Then she asked me all the questions for my eligibility that I answered on my application.  She goes through all of them, so know your answers.  I found out that if you're a member of a union at work, you declare it on that question about if you're a member of any organizations, groups....  Then I showed her my parking ticket I had 4 years ago that I forgot to declare on the application and she said it's no biggie, she did take copy of the receipt.  That was it.  She said I passed and I will be getting the letter about my oath ceremony in the mail, and the ceremony should be within 45 days.  My status changed immediately on my uscis app, saying my oath will be scheduled soon.  

Good luck everyone, I'm so glad this is almost over! :) 

Glad to hear you had a positive experience and Congrats on the interview/test results.  My wife has a traffic ticket she forgot to declare on the N400, but she is taking a copy of it and going to disclose it to the IO next week.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Glad to hear you had a positive experience and Congrats on the interview/test results.  My wife has a traffic ticket she forgot to declare on the N400, but she is taking a copy of it and going to disclose it to the IO next week.

Thank you! 

I don't think she will have any trouble with it.  She also told me they give you benefit of the doubt if you have been married to the same person throughout your immigration process and that statue of limitation is 3 years.  

Edited by arya

0vi7t8.png

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline
6 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Katya had her interview today in Detroit.  We got there about 30 minutes early and she was called back about 10 minutes after her scheduled time.  The very nice IO in Detroit also requested me to join them, and she covered the pending I751 first with both of us verifying that form and we updated our tax documents.  That lasted about 10 minutes, then I was walked out and Katya continued with her N400 interview.  She told me that it went very well, she answered the six questions (first president, where is the Statue of Liberty, what does the Oath of Allegiance mean, who is the governor of Michigan, name the three rights enumerated in the DoI, and name two National Holidays) and passed the reading and writing test.  In the end, she was approved for naturalization with an oath to be scheduled later.  The N400 part of the interview lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Good Luck to All! 

Many congratulations ❤️

Filing I 360 3rd Nov 2005

Prima facie determination received from Vermont 20th Nov 2005

DIVORCED JANUARY 25th 2006

EAD applied for again (jeez I need to work ) 28th Feb 2006

Removal hearing July 12th 2006

RFE's received for I360 and EAD 13th October 2006

NOID received March 2007

EAD denied March 2007

Back to Immigration Court April 18th 2007

NOID request for evidence received USCIS 3rd May 2007

I 360 touched May 31st 2007

I 360 actually approved May 30th 2007

EAD filed June 23rd 2007

I 485 filed July 24th 2007

NOA1 for I 485 August 1st 2007

EAD approved August 6th 2007

Medical with CS August 28th 2007

Biometrics August 24th 2007

Paperwork sent to Immigration Judge to finally terminate removal proceedings September 10th 2007

GREEN CARD FINALLY APPROVED AFTER 4 YEARS September 9th 2008 :D

N-400 Filed online 03/04/2018

NOA online 03/05/2018- projected Citizenship completion date December 2018

6 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Katya had her interview today in Detroit.  We got there about 30 minutes early and she was called back about 10 minutes after her scheduled time.  The very nice IO in Detroit also requested me to join them, and she covered the pending I751 first with both of us verifying that form and we updated our tax documents.  That lasted about 10 minutes, then I was walked out and Katya continued with her N400 interview.  She told me that it went very well, she answered the six questions (first president, where is the Statue of Liberty, what does the Oath of Allegiance mean, who is the governor of Michigan, name the three rights enumerated in the DoI, and name two National Holidays) and passed the reading and writing test.  In the end, she was approved for naturalization with an oath to be scheduled later.  The N400 part of the interview lasted about 15-20 minutes.

Good Luck to All! 

Congrats to both of you🥂what a relief it must be! Did you get notified about oath date? Oh also what questions did they ask regarding the ROC part? Thank you!

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

Timeline

Congrats Bill and Katya!  It feels great to have it over with!

I still don't have my oath letter uploaded on the website.  I got an email yesterday that they scheduled my oath, today that the letter was sent but it's still not up on the website.  I'm expecting it to be posted tomorrow.  

0vi7t8.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
6 hours ago, CoffeeVegan said:

Congrats to both of you🥂what a relief it must be! Did you get notified about oath date? Oh also what questions did they ask regarding the ROC part? Thank you!

Thanks.  The one website shows the oath to be scheduled, but we don’t know the date yet.  As to the ROC, the IO just verified the form information with respect to the names, addresses, phone numbers, DOBs, email addresses and to verify our signatures.  She also asked if we had any additional evidence to add and we gave her copies of our last two tax returns.  I asked her if they were seeing a lot of combo I751s and N400s, and she said yes, it was becoming more common.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
19 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Good Luck to All! 

Congrats Bill and Katya!   What a relief!!   We had our interview nearly 2 weeks ago in Detroit and haven't received anything about the oath ceremony.  Let us know when you receive something!    Has anyone else waited this long to receive the oath appointment??  What's the typical wait time between interview and getting the letter for oath?  Thus far Detroit has been FAST.  The wait for this last part has been excruciating!  :) 

Timeline

They just uploaded my oath ceremony letter.  My ceremony is on April 26 at 1pm.  I didn't expect it to be so soon!  I thought maybe sometime in May.  

0vi7t8.png

8 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

Thanks.  The one website shows the oath to be scheduled, but we don’t know the date yet.  As to the ROC, the IO just verified the form information with respect to the names, addresses, phone numbers, DOBs, email addresses and to verify our signatures.  She also asked if we had any additional evidence to add and we gave her copies of our last two tax returns.  I asked her if they were seeing a lot of combo I751s and N400s, and she said yes, it was becoming more common.

Thank you !!!

28 minutes ago, arya said:

They just uploaded my oath ceremony letter.  My ceremony is on April 26 at 1pm.  I didn't expect it to be so soon!  I thought maybe sometime in May.  

Yes!!!! Congrats. Where is it going to be ?

Edited by CoffeeVegan

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

5 minutes ago, arya said:

It is at US District Court on West Lafayette. 

Thanks!

Did you require a judicial oath ceremony?  I'm still trying to figure out whether to ask the IO at the interview to scrap the name change request off N400, if that speeds things up.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, gpntb said:

Thanks!

Did you require a judicial oath ceremony?  I'm still trying to figure out whether to ask the IO at the interview to scrap the name change request off N400, if that speeds things up.

No, the IO just told me that I'll be doing the oath at the court in downtown Detroit.  I'm not sure how name change works since I changed my name when I got married.  Is that done at the oath ceremony?

0vi7t8.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.