CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 3/21/2018 at 1:41 PM, gpntb said:

Took me a while to figure out how to properly mention people, so that postediting window is gone

Would be nice to hear from  @Biliebulezine about their recent interview, or from @lynchje2  and @arya when they have it soon.

Sorry just saw this!  Interview is on Thursday and will let you know how it goes.  Does anyone know if small children can come inside to wait during the interview? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Yemen
Timeline
1 hour ago, lynchje2 said:

Sorry just saw this!  Interview is on Thursday and will let you know how it goes.  Does anyone know if small children can come inside to wait during the interview? 

Yes it is okay. There is even a sitting area with tv for children but make sure an adult is there watching them for you while your interview. Good luck 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, AAli313 said:

Yes it is okay. There is even a sitting area with tv for children but make sure an adult is there watching them for you while your interview. Good luck 

Okay great thanks for the info!

Hello, 

I applied for N400 90 days Early filing in November 2017, Anniversary was in February.

Fingerprints Already done 12/12/2017. Now checking online to see if the status changed to Interview Scheduled. 

I will keep you guys posted. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
17 hours ago, lynchje2 said:

Good Luck tomorrow!  Katya mentioned last night that she has less than two weeks now to prepare.  She is listening to every sample interview she can find.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

19 hours ago, lynchje2 said:

Good luck, you will do awesome😀

This is the LORD’s doing; it is marvelous in our eyes Psalm 118:23:)

Kindred spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's splendid to find out there are so many of them in the world.” 
  Anne of Green Gables.

14 hours ago, ABUBAKAR FAHIM said:

Hello, 

I applied for N400 90 days Early filing in November 2017, Anniversary was in February.

Fingerprints Already done 12/12/2017. Now checking online to see if the status changed to Interview Scheduled. 

I will keep you guys posted. 

I too filed 90 days early.  My anniversary was in late January, and I'm behind early January Detroit filers on the interview, so I guess at least in Detroit they don't assign you to an officer until your anniversary.  That said, looks like you might be seeing something over the next month. 

No real reason to check the online account if you are already getting the "We are still reviewing your case" e-mail notifications. 

The e-mail about the interview will arrive first as a notice "USCIS has taken action on your application." Then, over a day or two, the online system will update to first show "we've scheduled your interview" status, and finally to show the notice in the documents tab.

1 hour ago, gpntb said:

I too filed 90 days early.  My anniversary was in late January, and I'm behind early January Detroit filers on the interview, so I guess at least in Detroit they don't assign you to an officer until your anniversary.  That said, looks like you might be seeing something over the next month. 

No real reason to check the online account if you are already getting the "We are still reviewing your case" e-mail notifications. 

The e-mail about the interview will arrive first as a notice "USCIS has taken action on your application." Then, over a day or two, the online system will update to first show "we've scheduled your interview" status, and finally to show the notice in the documents tab.

hmmm.....So you already got your interview date ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
3 hours ago, gpntb said:

Yeap, mid-April.

What day?  Katya is scheduled for April 10.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 3/21/2018 at 1:41 PM, gpntb said:

Took me a while to figure out how to properly mention people, so that postediting window is gone

Would be nice to hear from  @Biliebulezine about their recent interview, or from @lynchje2  and @arya when they have it soon.

I don't know if this post will work because I'm on my phone. My interview in Detroit was on march 12th and it went well. I would suggest to arrive 30 minutes early because the place is busy. I spend about 20 Minutes with the officer. She had questions about my n400 form so just make sure you know what you wrote on your form. She also asked me only 6 civic test questions because I got them right. Definitely study for those as well! I have to say my questions were pretty easy. At the end of the interview I chatted with the officer for 2 minutes. She told me she goes through about 9 cases a day and my case is one of those she likes the most because they are quick to review for the following reasons: I filed by myself, I knew my application, I speak good English and they have "seen" me during the green card process a few years back. So maybe you will be one of their favorites too! My oath ceremony is on April 19th in grand haven (I'm from Grand Rapids area)

Edited by Biliebulezine

1 hour ago, Biliebulezine said:

I don't know if this post will work because I'm on my phone. My interview in Detroit was on march 12th and it went well. I would suggest to arrive 30 minutes early because the place is busy. I spend about 20 Minutes with the officer. She had questions about my n400 form so just make sure you know what you wrote on your form. She also asked me only 6 civic test questions because I got them right. Definitely study for those as well! I have to say my questions were pretty easy. At the end of the interview I chatted with the officer for 2 minutes. She told me she goes through about 9 cases a day and my case is one of those she likes the most because they are quick to review for the following reasons: I filed by myself, I knew my application, I speak good English and they have "seen" me during the green card process a few years back. So maybe you will be one of their favorites too! My oath ceremony is on April 19th in grand haven (I'm from Grand Rapids area)

It worked!

Thanks for sharing your experience, and congratulations!

2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

What day?  Katya is scheduled for April 10.

18th.

Does anyone know if there are non-judicial oath ceremonies in MI? Most info I'm finding is about the judicial ones.  I did request a name change on my N400 (just losing what USCIS put as a middle name on my first visa), but I hear that could delay things.  

Edited by gpntb

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 3/27/2018 at 1:28 PM, lynchje2 said:

Are you going to the Detroit office? If so then yes, they have a big waiting area where your kids can stay while you are with the officer being interviewed. I would suggest to bring an adult to watch them though :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.