CoffeeVegan

Detroit N400 filers

926 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
Just now, bms said:

Congrats

Thank you! I hope it's not on the 21st like yours because that is my birthday haha

N-400

Feb 16 2019: applied online

Feb 23 2019: biometrics scheduled (online notification)

Mar 15 2019: biometrics done

April 23 2019: Interview has been scheduled (online notice)

May 30 2019: Interview - approved!

July 15 2019: Oath Ceremony (rescheduled date)

Done! Thanks, visajourney, you have been a great help!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Given2Fly said:

Thank you! I hope it's not on the 21st like yours because that is my birthday haha

Congrats! I got my biometrics done 5 days after you did!. I hope I get a notification soon too. 

Timeline
Just now, RodDetroit said:

Congrats! I got my biometrics done 5 days after you did!. I hope I get a notification soon too. 

Thank you. Crossing my fingers for you, things seem to be going swiftly right now.

N-400

Timeline
2 hours ago, Kath2506 said:

Congrat Given2Fly,   Yep flying for the Feb Filers ... I am still waiting, I suppose first come first served doesn't apply to USCIS.. Sorry to sound upset but I am. 

I am sure you will get news soon too!

N-400

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just had my interviewed this morning. They had to do a combo interview since my ROC was still pending.

The officer gave me a little bit hard time since I showed up alone without my husband. It took a little bit longer but I think I did well. The officer didn't approve my N400 on the spot but said that is due to the pending ROC, which needs to be approved first before he can proceed the N400 application. He did congratulate me and gave me a piece of paper with oath location info. He said I should receive the official oath ceremony letter via mail in the next 30 days.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

08.18.2018 I-751 extended for 18 months (through October 2019)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with N-400) approved

N-400 Approved

01.01.2019 Qualified for N-400 application

01.02.2019 Filed N-400 Online

01.22.2019 Biometrics Appointment

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

04.24.2019 Combo Interview (with ROC) approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Liberia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, spielerin said:

Just had my interviewed this morning. They had to do a combo interview since my ROC was still pending.

The officer gave me a little bit hard time since I showed up alone without my husband. It took a little bit longer but I think I did well. The officer didn't approve my N400 on the spot but said that is due to the pending ROC, which needs to be approved first before he can proceed the N400 application. He did congratulate me and gave me a piece of paper with oath location info. He said I should receive the official oath ceremony letter via mail in the next 30 days.

Congratulations! What were some of the questions asked? You said, "the officer gave you hard time." Can you please throw some light on the officer's concerns??

Timeline
28 minutes ago, chars said:

Congratulations! What were some of the questions asked? You said, "the officer gave you hard time." Can you please throw some light on the officer's concerns??

My ROC (i751) was pending still and I showed up for the interview by myself. The officer saw me alone and asked questions about why my husband wasn't here for the interview (why isn't he here?/where is he?/are you guys still married? etc.) before inviting me into the office. The whole conversation happened in the waiting area and I was worried that I might get turned back today. I told him I was there for the naturalization interview and they didn't ask for the presence of spouse for it. He looked at his file and told me we might have a problem. He invited me into his office and then explained to me that technically he couldn't do anything today until the ROC was approved.

Long story short, he went to check with his supervisor and I had to wait in the office for like 15 mins before he came back saying he will do a combo interview for me today.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

03.18.2019 Interview Scheduled (USCIS text notification & appointment letter online)

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

9 minutes ago, spielerin said:

My ROC (i751) was pending still and I showed up for the interview by myself. The officer saw me alone and asked questions about why my husband wasn't here for the interview (why isn't he here?/where is he?/are you guys still married? etc.) before inviting me into the office. The whole conversation happened in the waiting area and I was worried that I might get turned back today. I told him I was there for the naturalization interview and they didn't ask for the presence of spouse for it. He looked at his file and told me we might have a problem. He invited me into his office and then explained to me that technically he couldn't do anything today until the ROC was approved.

Long story short, he went to check with his supervisor and I had to wait in the office for like 15 mins before he came back saying he will do a combo interview for me today.

May I ask what questions about N-400 like the applications questions? what doc you have to show? Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, spielerin said:

Was your I751 transferred from CSC to another office?

Timeline
1 hour ago, lovemywife85 said:

May I ask what questions about N-400 like the applications questions? what doc you have to show? Thank you!

The officer went through all the "have you ever been questions (arrested/deported/committed a crime/joined and/or supported terrorist groups).."with me and verified the info that I have provided for N400 application: the address listed is still current?/when is my son's birthday (we had a baby last year) etc.

The questions he asked regarding the N400 application portion lasted less than 10 mins. That being said, he did ask a lot of questions during the i751 (ROC) portion of the interview (have you filed for divorce since your application process started?/do you guys live together still?/do you still have the same medical/dental insurance?)

To be honest though, to me, the whole interview process was more like the officer trying to verify the info that I have provided for N400/i751 applications, rather than actually asking questions.

At the end, the officer passed me a piece of paper with oath on it and asked me to read the whole thing. He asked me if I understand the oath and have any questions/objection. 

Document wise, I did bring our tax records for the past 4 years (filed jointly) but he only looked at the house mortgage tax document and asked for a copy of it. I provided him my son's birth certificate and he took a copy of that as well. I didn't bring anything related to i751 application.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Timeline
1 hour ago, bms said:

Was your I751 transferred from CSC to another office?

Not that I am aware of.

According to USCIS my case status for i751 still shows "Case was received". But the officer had both application forms (i751 and N400) with him this morning.

I-751 (ROC) Approved

N-400 Approved

05.16.2019 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, spielerin said:

Not that I am aware of.

According to USCIS my case status for i751 still shows "Case was received". But the officer had both application forms (i751 and N400) with him this morning.

Thanks for info

I have interview scheduled for 05/21 and I have ROC pending in CSC. I thought that my I751 has to be transferred to Detroit for combo interview.  

Timeline

My interview is going to be on May 30th. @spielerin what were the civics questions, do you remember?

N-400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.