Wallhut

K-1 Visa Interview Ghana

28 posts in this topic

On 26 March 2018 at 6:09 PM, KingDev said:

My love has completed his medical police and DS160. I have harassed the Consular so many times they transfered me to a senior department. Today they contacted me that our packet 3 is now ready to be picked up in accra. Interview scheduled for April 30

Hi kingdev . Would it be okay if we can have whatsap chat and if possible have a whatsapp group both petitioners and benefeciaries who are preparing for the interview 

Hello,

Yes, we were able to schedule a new interview. I didn't hear back from the traveldocs website about re-using our existing GT Bank fee (since he was turned away at the first interview) until after we paid a new fee, and then when they did reply their response was just basically, "Hey, we see you scheduled a new interview," so there was no real resolution of whether or not they would have allowed us to reschedule using the same fee. Since another person posted they were told a new fee was required (they didn't specify who told them this, but I assume it was the U.S. Embassy) I just figured we might as well do the same thing so we could reschedule as quickly as possible. The only date available when I did schedule was in early May, and I scheduled it a couple of weeks ago, so I have no idea what the nearest date is to schedule one now.

I wish you guys the very best of luck too. I hope you get the Package 3 email very soon. Keep an eye on the petitioner's email account as that's where it is sent.

After the long wait we will have our answer soon, but I am sure they will clearly see the real and life-long love we have for each other and approve him coming to me. That will be the happiest day in my life.

Wallace 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
9 hours ago, Wallhut said:

Hello,

Yes, we were able to schedule a new interview. I didn't hear back from the traveldocs website about re-using our existing GT Bank fee (since he was turned away at the first interview) until after we paid a new fee, and then when they did reply their response was just basically, "Hey, we see you scheduled a new interview," so there was no real resolution of whether or not they would have allowed us to reschedule using the same fee. Since another person posted they were told a new fee was required (they didn't specify who told them this, but I assume it was the U.S. Embassy) I just figured we might as well do the same thing so we could reschedule as quickly as possible. The only date available when I did schedule was in early May, and I scheduled it a couple of weeks ago, so I have no idea what the nearest date is to schedule one now.

I wish you guys the very best of luck too. I hope you get the Package 3 email very soon. Keep an eye on the petitioner's email account as that's where it is sent.

After the long wait we will have our answer soon, but I am sure they will clearly see the real and life-long love we have for each other and approve him coming to me. That will be the happiest day in my life.

Wallace 

Okay! I’m the petitioner so I’ll keep an eye out. At least you got a date that wasn’t tooooo far out. Just hoping that whenever we schedule, the available dates will allow enough time for medical. We’ll keep checking! 

NOA1: 9/8/2017

NOA2: 3/14/2018

NVC Case # Available: 3/26/2018

Case left NVC: 4/3/2018

Packet 3 Rec'd: 6/11/2018 

Interview: 6/26/2018 Approved! :thumbs:

POE: 7/13/2018

Marriage: 8/25/2018 

AOS/EAD/AP NOA1: 10/3/18

Biometrics: 10/30/18

Timeline

Hi Wallace,

How are you guys doing? First of all, thanks for all the advice you've been sharing here. Please I've filed a k1 petition for my Ghanaian fiance to join me here in the states and I'm kind of in a similar situation as you. Please I just checked on the ceac site this afternoon and the topic has changed from In Transit to Ready. Can you please help me on what you think my next step should be or what I should do next since I'm pretty new in the process and not exactly sure of what to do?

Thanks and looking forward into hearing back from you.

Edited by Afiasandy

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
10 minutes ago, KingDev said:

Our visa has been granted. The end is near. I would be wto be a supportive resource for anyone going through the process that may have questions. Amen Amen and amen!

That's great news!  Your approval is already serving as inspiration for us and a light at the end of our tunnel.  Congratulations!  And we will definitely have questions :)

Timeline
14 minutes ago, KingDev said:

Our visa has been granted. The end is near. I would be wto be a supportive resource for anyone going through the process that may have questions. Amen Amen and amen!

Just as an update also, we have been trying to schedule an appointment online but it always says no appointments available - nothing has been available for the past month.  One coupled called the embassy to ask about this and they said that now they are preventing couples from scheduling - now you have to wait for packet 3 and then they will schedule for you.  We are wondering how this will work!  

Since it seems like the packet 3 takes about 2 months, we are giving it a few more weeks before we start harassing the embassy.  It seems like whenever there is a procedural change, cases fall through the cracks so I just want to make sure we stay on schedule.  Congratulations again and we wish you both all the best! 

That is very interesting. I can only imagine the change is due to the two of us who scheduled our interview before getting the Package 3 and were turned away when appearing for the interview before it was sent. I'm guessing they want to prevent that from happening again and so will schedule people themselves when they send the Package 3. That explains why there are no appointments available on the ustraveldocs website.

Please do not dispair. I'm sure your case will not "fall through the cracks." You have come so far, you must remain positive. I know you don't really mean "harrass" the embassy, but again, while neither I nor my fiance have ever contacted the embassy, I highly recommend if you do so to be patient and courteous with the people there. They have the ability to make the most critical decision in your life, so I would always keep that in the front of my mind. Also, I am sure they do the very best they can with the resources they have available. I'd be willing to guess it's just as frustrating for them at times trying to carry out their duties as it is for us waiting to have our fiance approved.

However, to Abena Kofi, my heartfelt congratulations to you and your fiance. My fiance has his interview this week, and we are praying for the same outcome. I am so happy for you two.

Wallace

I have a bit of a confession...I never received packet 3. My love went to pick up what we thought would be packet 3 from the embassy on March 28, but they refused him saying his case was not yet ready. At that time, we had already scheduled our appointment and with no future appointments to reschedule to, we proceeded even though we knew Wallace and Juva had been rejected before. This was truly a miracle for us to have been approved. I would not go only on what you hear from the call center (703) 520-2573, they are not in the US Embassy in Ghana they are just a call center. They have given me wrong information multiple times. Nonetheless, I would NOT recommending scheduling your appointment before the Embassy instructs you to do so. Also, I did not include all the bank letter, paystubs or the other information requested from USCIS in the affidavit of support. I included my tax transcripts from the last three years and that was it. Good luck to you all and God bless you.

KingDev,

Wow! That is amazing! All I can think is that even though you never received the Package 3 it was ready when your fiance went for the interview. That is likely why they were not turned away. In any event, it doesn't matter, they were approved! That's all that matters, right? But I agree, I would not schedule the interview until you are certain the Package 3 is ready. But now I think it is no longer an issue as it appears the reason there are no more interview openings online is that the embassy will be scheduling them at the time of providing the Package 3.

Congratulations again on your success!

Wallace

Timeline
3 hours ago, Wallhut said:

That is very interesting. I can only imagine the change is due to the two of us who scheduled our interview before getting the Package 3 and were turned away when appearing for the interview before it was sent. I'm guessing they want to prevent that from happening again and so will schedule people themselves when they send the Package 3. That explains why there are no appointments available on the ustraveldocs website.

Please do not dispair. I'm sure your case will not "fall through the cracks." You have come so far, you must remain positive. I know you don't really mean "harrass" the embassy, but again, while neither I nor my fiance have ever contacted the embassy, I highly recommend if you do so to be patient and courteous with the people there. They have the ability to make the most critical decision in your life, so I would always keep that in the front of my mind. Also, I am sure they do the very best they can with the resources they have available. I'd be willing to guess it's just as frustrating for them at times trying to carry out their duties as it is for us waiting to have our fiance approved.

However, to Abena Kofi, my heartfelt congratulations to you and your fiance. My fiance has his interview this week, and we are praying for the same outcome. I am so happy for you two.

Wallace

Thank you so much!  

Correct you are, we are definitely not going to harrass them haha - since you can catch more flies with honey than with vinegar!  But we will just make sure they don't forget about us.  

I actually have an update - after all my wahala this morning, my darling fiancee told me he was able to schedule for June 26.  Correct, we have not received any packet 3, but we felt the need to secure the timeslot and hope for the best.  Since that will be three months after our NOA2, we are hopeful that they'll be ready for us by then.  When he checked, there were only 3 slots open at the time.  

We are so excited to be making some progress!  At least we can now start the medical.  Keep us in your prayers!

Thank you Wallace. Please, my honey and I did mock interviews daily until his interview. I compiled questions from the consular reviews I have been seeing. He was more than confident going into the interview. The wait was very long he got there at 7:30 and waited until 2:30 for the interview, so please tell your lover to eat before going lol. He was interviewed by an African American man that he had done business with in the past. He was asked my name, what kind of work he did in the US and if we were currently married since in our WhatsApp text we refer to each other and husband and wife : )

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.