49 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Faroe Islands
Timeline

I hope so, thank you. 

One question more, dear people: why some of you  ( not all ) somehow scare us, AOS people " to death " by deportation, if we have come on VWP/B2. I truly believe the majority of us are really honest people. 

To those mentioning the 60/90 day rule, that's nothing to do with USCIS, and not one they follow. That 60/90 rule is for some other government agency which I can't remember of the top of my head right now, but it is not used or enforced by USCIS. They will review it case by case and any red flags in applications will be questioned. But they don't use the 60/90 day rule.

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Nemeseax said:

I hope so, thank you. 

One question more, dear people: why some of you  ( not all ) somehow scare us, AOS people " to death " by deportation, if we have come on VWP/B2. I truly believe the majority of us are really honest people. 

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT. AS LONG AS YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING IN GOOD FAITH AND YOURE DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY IN THE EYES OF THE LAW YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. I DO UNDERSTAND THAT SOME PEOPLE TRY TO MANIPULATE THE SYSTEM BUT THEY ALSO HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE THAT. I AM ALSO SWITCHING FROM A B2. 

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Britinstl said:

To those mentioning the 60/90 day rule, that's nothing to do with USCIS, and not one they follow. That 60/90 rule is for some other government agency which I can't remember of the top of my head right now, but it is not used or enforced by USCIS. They will review it case by case and any red flags in applications will be questioned. But they don't use the 60/90 day rule.

THE 60/90 RULE TOO IS ALSO LOOKED AT BY THEM. THEY AUTOMATICALLY BELIEVE THAT IF YOU DO ANYTHING WITHIN THAT PERIOD DEPENDING ON WHEN THEY FEEL IT WAS PLANNED. NOW THAT RULE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OTHER RED FLAGS THEY LOOK AT. SO EVEN IF THAT END IS COVERED IT DOESNT MEAN THERE WONT BE OTHER READ FLAGS.

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THAT. AS LONG AS YOU ARE DOING EVERYTHING IN GOOD FAITH AND YOURE DOING IT THE RIGHT WAY IN THE EYES OF THE LAW YOU HAVE NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. I DO UNDERSTAND THAT SOME PEOPLE TRY TO MANIPULATE THE SYSTEM BUT THEY ALSO HAVE TO UNDERSTAND THAT NOT EVERYONE IS LIKE THAT. I AM ALSO SWITCHING FROM A B2. 

3 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

Thank you! And I  wish you good luck at your immigration journey, Rmsean!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

THE 60/90 RULE TOO IS ALSO LOOKED AT BY THEM. THEY AUTOMATICALLY BELIEVE THAT IF YOU DO ANYTHING WITHIN THAT PERIOD DEPENDING ON WHEN THEY FEEL IT WAS PLANNED. NOW THAT RULE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH OTHER RED FLAGS THEY LOOK AT. SO EVEN IF THAT END IS COVERED IT DOESNT MEAN THERE WONT BE OTHER READ FLAGS.

I guess many things could be red flags to them.So, hopefully we re allowed to clear the things up at interview. 

Omg, I  begin to feel as some kind of criminal, only because I have married a person I love and he is  USC. Not everyone's dream is to work and live in USA and not everybody would do everything just to stay here. I really hope they can understand that a lot of us Europeans have had great life and career before we have come here.Only our love has brought us here and has changed our lives completely. 

Timeline
37 minutes ago, Britinstl said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=6&ved=0ahUKEwj7oemN8fjZAhXnV98KHV-7CT8QFghOMAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwolfsdorf.com%2Fblog%2F5-things-know-new-department-state-90-day-rule-regarding-misrepresentation-based-conduct-u-s-adjustment-status-change-status-now-death-trap%2F&usg=AOvVaw2odNg-619Qm13ecklFxPAJ

AOS from B2

05/25/2021 GC 10 years

02/26/2024 N - 400

I originally came to the US in 1988 on a B2 visitors visa and later married my USC girlfriend. We applied for AOS and had the initial interview and I received an I-551 stamp in my passport, but we separated before two years and I never applied to have the conditions removed in my green card. To be honest, I wasn't even aware that was an option if you were no longer married.

Anyway fast forward to 2017 and I filed again with my current wife, we have been together for many years and had for one reason or another never got round to filing for AOS. We have been married over 10 years and my last entry into the US was in 1988. The only question the IO asked during the interview regarding that was when I last entered the US and when I told him, he then asked me something along the lines of the reason for my visit and I told him it was to visit my then girlfriend who had stayed with me for a while in the UK. That was pretty much it.

I received approval for my 10 year green card the day after the interview and received it in hand 9 days after my interview. 

Hope this helps in some way.

Timeline
23 minutes ago, SteveE said:

I originally came to the US in 1988 on a B2 visitors visa and later married my USC girlfriend. We applied for AOS and had the initial interview and I received an I-551 stamp in my passport, but we separated before two years and I never applied to have the conditions removed in my green card. To be honest, I wasn't even aware that was an option if you were no longer married.

Anyway fast forward to 2017 and I filed again with my current wife, we have been together for many years and had for one reason or another never got round to filing for AOS. We have been married over 10 years and my last entry into the US was in 1988. The only question the IO asked during the interview regarding that was when I last entered the US and when I told him, he then asked me something along the lines of the reason for my visit and I told him it was to visit my then girlfriend who had stayed with me for a while in the UK. That was pretty much it.

I received approval for my 10 year green card the day after the interview and received it in hand 9 days after my interview. 

Hope this helps in some way.

Thank you and congratulations!

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Rmsean said:

One part here has no sense to me at all. ( Can't quote, sorry).The part where "...the alien who has a valid visa, mat have mispresented his or intentions at the time of visa application ".

Our B2 is ( mostly) valid 10 yrs. When I have applied  ( my old one has expired) I have planned at visit some other place- and I have really been there, later have visited Alaska and my ( then) friend, as have been invited  ( also later, after application).Totally stupid if we re allowed to visit just this place or just this person( mentioned at visa interview)  all that 10 years!

Timeline

Also " mispresentation" at POE. Imagine situation that you re invited by Mr& Mrs Smith to spend a week or two at their house. And of course you will say so to IO, give him/ her their address and ph.number- all legal and fine. BUT  later things has changed, you spend some time also with 3rd friend,  Mr John X,fall in love,  get married etc...have you lied at POE?I don't think so!

02/14/18 - Married :wub: 

03/02/18 - AOS Sent 

04/02/18 - Biometrics appointment @ Field Office

04/16/18 - Courtesy letter received re: Medical

07/17/18 - EAD card in production, AP approved

07/21/18  - Combo card in hand

10/18/18 - GC Interview  (Approved on the spot)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nemeseax said:

A lot of us are AOS- ing from different visas and personally I can not judge anyone because I am the one also. 

Reading different topics here the word " intent " has caught my eye. Yes I know very good the golden rule but my simple question is - why  ( as far as I know) in many cases people aren't even asked about that at their interviews? Seems very strange to me.

What do you think, dear members? 

Thank you for your answers. 

From my understanding I thought you had to prove you did not intend on staying? I am adjusting status and am waiting for interview, hopefully soon and I also have proof I had no intent of staying. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
7 minutes ago, bad4tatt said:

From my understanding I thought you had to prove you did not intend on staying? I am adjusting status and am waiting for interview, hopefully soon and I also have proof I had no intent of staying. 

no you do not

Timeline
26 minutes ago, bad4tatt said:

If asked I will honesty say what and how has happened. I still have a lot unfinished things in Sweden, my pets, car, motorcycles ...and really dislike situation that some unknown person at interview has  power to change my life due to his/ her mood this particular day. I consider that very sad and unfair. We are people,( mostly honest) and we have not commited any crime simply because we have fallen in love and decided to stay .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.