Irene_sss

2018 J1 WAIVER TIMELINE

764 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Elvin said:

Same as mine. How can we follow the process in USCIS now? Will we only wait their mail?

thanks

Yes. You should receive by mail a NOA (notification of action) letting you know that a case file was open in USCIS with your name. Also, a number will be assigned to your case. This letter, from what I've been reading, will take 5-7 days to arrive if you're in the US. With the case number, go to this website https://myaccount.uscis.dhs.gov/ and create a new account. You will be able to follow your case file updates. Just keep in mind that USCIS is very slow updating the website, so there are plenty of cases out there of people that received their final waiver by mail and the website never updated their cases.

But if you don't receive the letter for any reason, you should call USCIS and ask for your case number.

05/07/2021 - Package sent via USPS
05/08/2021 - Package delivered to Chicago lockbox
05/10/2021 - Case received by USCIS (PD)
05/27/2021 - Checks cashed

05/28/2021 - Notice date
05/30/2021 - Text message with case numbers received
06/04/2021 - NOAs received in the mail

08/30/2021 - Biometrics notice date
09/04/2021 - Biometrics letter in the mailbox
09/24/2021 - Biometrics appointment

09/29/2021 - Ready to be scheduled for an interview

12/03/2021 - Card is being produced (EAD+AP)

12/07/2021 - Card was mailed

12/10/2021 - Card received

01/04/2022 - Interview was Scheduled
02/01/2022 - Interview date

02/01/2022 - New card is being produced (GC)

On 11/23/2018 at 12:57 PM, NIWjunkie said:

I'm in the same boat. Called USCIS 100th times but they did not find any information regarding my case. They asked for a social security number and an alien number but I do not have any of them. Providing my first and last name as well as my date of birth they found nothing in their system.

Do you have any news about your case? Are you in the US? Have you received your waiver already?

I am sorry to hear that about your case.

I received my waiver recently. The USCIS took about 4 months to grant me a waiver because they had to do security checks, presumably because I have a high tech job. This forum has been very useful for me, but I would like to warn the participants against applying the conclusions found on online forums to their individual cases because everyone's case is different.

Note that the online status of my I-612 application has NOT been updated yet. Good luck to everyone!

On 11/29/2018 at 4:49 PM, DS5535-Jeddah-O1A said:

Guys, My case is currently under deliberation at DOS, if someone can tell me when the DOS forwards the case to USCIS how will I get to know my receipt number ? Along with waiver application I submitted two self addressed envelopes one will be used by DOS to share the recommendation and other will be used by USCIS to share the I-797 (I guess). If the USCIS sends the notice of receipt will they use the address indicated o these envelopes ?  

In my case USCI sent to a different address (my current address) then what I had requested on the envelopes and where DOS notified me.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey

I'm confused and I would like some help. I sent all my documents to dos ( well atleast I thought I did) and after reviewing several forums I realised I didnt send a statement of reason. I figured because I ended up writing one already in the DS-2035 I thought that was it.

1. Do I need to write one?

2. If so, how do I send it? Do I need to do anything special?

PS From Jamaica

3 hours ago, adrian876 said:

Hey

I'm confused and I would like some help. I sent all my documents to dos ( well atleast I thought I did) and after reviewing several forums I realised I didnt send a statement of reason. I figured because I ended up writing one already in the DS-2035 I thought that was it.

1. Do I need to write one?

2. If so, how do I send it? Do I need to do anything special?

PS From Jamaica

Hi Adrian,

Actually, you need to look for more information on your consulate's website.

I am from Brazil, and after filling out a couple of forms they actually sent mine for free directly from the Brazilian Consulate in Washington DC to DoS via email. Nonetheless, you are from Jamaica and I did a quick search and found out your requirements are quite different.

Please check out this website from your consulate in Miami (http://www.jamaicacgmiami.org/page/no-objection-statement/) and if you need more information contact them to clear things up.

Indeed your case will only be activated along DoS and start being processed after your consulate sends the No Objection Statement to the DoS.

Best of luck my brother!!!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, NIWjunkie said:

Hi Adrian,

Actually, you need to look for more information on your consulate's website.

I am from Brazil, and after filling out a couple of forms they actually sent mine for free directly from the Brazilian Consulate in Washington DC to DoS via email. Nonetheless, you are from Jamaica and I did a quick search and found out your requirements are quite different.

Please check out this website from your consulate in Miami (http://www.jamaicacgmiami.org/page/no-objection-statement/) and if you need more information contact them to clear things up.

Indeed your case will only be activated along DoS and start being processed after your consulate sends the No Objection Statement to the DoS.

Best of luck my brother!!!

Thanks for taking the time to help me out but what I meant if I have to send a statement of reason in addition to the DS 2035 form that I sent to DOS. I've seen other people have it but I'm not sure if it goes for me too

Screenshot_20181203-170424__01.jpg

20 minutes ago, adrian876 said:

Thanks for taking the time to help me out but what I meant if I have to send a statement of reason in addition to the DS 2035 form that I sent to DOS. I've seen other people have it but I'm not sure if it goes for me too

Screenshot_20181203-170424__01.jpg

Gotcha! Sorry for the misunderstanding. Now that I checked your timeline it seems just fine for me. I don’t think you need to send anything else. Unless DoS ask you to do so. Good luck!

Timeline

Really?I didn't know they would contact me. I thought since everyone had statement of reason on the list as well, I thought I had to send one as well. Thank you!!

On 11/9/2018 at 4:38 PM, MarianG said:

Here's an update. I just received i-797 approval notice from USCIS. My timeline:

All forms received by DOS: Sep 10

NOS received by DOS: Sep 19, 2018

DOS recommendation: Nov 8, 2018 

USCIS received: Nov 14, 2018

USCIS approved: Nov 28, 2018

Good luck to you all. This forum has been great help. Be patient! I have never contacted neither DOS nor USCIS. Just wait and wait!

Edited by MarianG

Timeline
11 minutes ago, MarianG said:

Here's an update. I just received i-797 approval notice from USCIS. My timeline:

All forms received by DOS: Sep 10

NOS received by DOS: Sep 19, 2018

DOS recommendation: Nov 8, 2018 

USCIS received: Nov 14, 2018

USCIS approved: Nov 28, 2018

Good luck to you all. This forum has been great help. Be patient! I have never contacted neither DOS nor USCIS. Just wait and wait!

Did you send a statement of reason separate from the one in the DS 2035?

13 hours ago, adrian876 said:

Really?I didn't know they would contact me. I thought since everyone had statement of reason on the list as well, I thought I had to send one as well. Thank you!!

Hey buddy, when I responded you yesterday I was in a rush on my way back home. Sorry but I messed the things up. Actually, I thought you were talking about the No Objection Statement but indeed now I saw you do not have the Statement of Reason in your timeline. I do believe you have to send it to DoS but unfortunately, I do not know how. Mine was included automatically when I was filling the online forms of my J1 waiver and it was generated as the 8th page of the App_Packet.pdf (a file automatically created when I finished the form). I believe you should email 212ewaiver@state.gov asking for clarification. Do not forget to include your case number, applicant's name, DOB and POB as well as the waiver basis (i.e. no objection). Good luck!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, NIWjunkie said:

Hey buddy, when I responded you yesterday I was in a rush on my way back home. Sorry but I messed the things up. Actually, I thought you were talking about the No Objection Statement but indeed now I saw you do not have the Statement of Reason in your timeline. I do believe you have to send it to DoS but unfortunately, I do not know how. Mine was included automatically when I was filling the online forms of my J1 waiver and it was generated as the 8th page of the App_Packet.pdf (a file automatically created when I finished the form). I believe you should email 212ewaiver@state.gov asking for clarification. Do not forget to include your case number, applicant's name, DOB and POB as well as the waiver basis (i.e. no objection). Good luck!!!

Oh I see, you've been a great help to me. Thank you!! Mine was also generated in a packet PDF form. I sent an email to the address you gave me but if it's not too much to ask, could you post a picture/ copy of your timeline? 

3 hours ago, NIWjunkie said:

2 hours ago, adrian876 said:

Oh I see, you've been a great help to me. Thank you!! Mine was also generated in a packet PDF form. I sent an email to the address you gave me but if it's not too much to ask, could you post a picture/ copy of your timeline? 

Absolutely. Glad to know I helped you somehow. Please find my timeline attached. I hope you may hear good news soon!

Screen Shot 2018-11-29 at 8.53.07 AM.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.