1,157 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

There are no stupid questions :) Stupid silences there are, like when someone has a question, and prefers to remain silent rather than asking things.

I was going to translate it with someone that is family of a few friends, and that person has a side gig with translations and providing help for form filing. But talking with that person, I did not feel confident that she would do a thorough and accurate job. So, I looked around a little bit, and I already did it with a website called Rev.com. The translation looks very complete, and use equivalent legal terms in English, it costs $33 per page, and translated my Birth Certificate (1 page) in 47 minutes. They did a very good job in my case, I asked them to modify something because I feel there is a comma missing in a sentence for it to make proper sense.

Glad you find proper translator online. Is that necessary to notary the translated birth certificate before send back to USICS? 

And last night I got text and email notifications for my spouse's AOS package. 

I am too lazy so just copy and paste from Bfree3 

AOS PACKAGE SCHEDULE 2018
3/21 I485,I765,I864 MAILED VIA USPS
3/24 PACKAGE DELIVERED 
4/3 TEXT MESSAGE AND EMAILS WITH CASE NUMBERS FOR I485 & 1765

4/4 CASHIER'S CHECK CASHED

They are going to send me the I797 in a week. Hope to receive Biometrics notification in a few days.

28 minutes ago, markx said:

Glad you find proper translator online. Is that necessary to notary the translated birth certificate before send back to USICS? 

I didn't say anything about notarizing, and mine is not notarized. USCIS just requires that the translator make a statement saying he can translate properly from X language to English.

21 minutes ago, markx said:

And last night I got text and email notifications for my spouse's AOS package. 

I am too lazy so just copy and paste from Bfree3 

AOS PACKAGE SCHEDULE 2018
3/21 I485,I765,I864 MAILED VIA USPS
3/24 PACKAGE DELIVERED 
4/3 TEXT MESSAGE AND EMAILS WITH CASE NUMBERS FOR I485 & 1765

4/4 CASHIER'S CHECK CASHED

They are going to send me the I797 in a week. Hope to receive Biometrics notification in a few days.

Congrats!!! The Biometrics Notification should arrive a few days after your NOA1. The waiting game begins.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

21 hours ago, BenSherry said:

Walked in today for the Biomertric in Chicago, was scheduled for 04/12, there was no issue getting Biometric done. 

Well done BenSherry, I never found the chance to go and walk in, but I have mine tomorrow, @QAF2A told us his appointment was today, I hope it was also easy for him too.

3 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

Well done BenSherry, I never found the chance to go and walk in, but I have mine tomorrow, @QAF2A told us his appointment was today, I hope it was also easy for him too.

Just finished biometrics! And I am a "she" btw;) I also did mine in the Chicago office. No wait line, 5 min in and out, super friendly staff. Wish @Tenreyro good luck tomorrow!

20 hours ago, QAF2A said:

Just finished biometrics! And I am a "she" btw;) I also did mine in the Chicago office. No wait line, 5 min in and out, super friendly staff. Wish @Tenreyro good luck tomorrow!

Just finished Bio Appointment. Was scheduled for 12pm. I got there at 9 and was out in 10 minutes. Also a friendly staff here in Long Island, NY.

Thanks @QAF2A for the clarification! :)

I also sent yesterday my RFE response, so hopefully everything is back on track.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Hi all, glad to see all of your biometrics went well. @Tenreyro I'm very surprised at you for not having your translation already in the package but good job on following up and getting it back to them quickly.:jest:

:DI received 2 hard copy NOA's in the mail today for my adjustment of status and work authorization. I also received my biometric appt letter which is going to be 4/16/18. Moving steadily:whistle:, I hope the process continues as such for all of us. Have a great weekend! 

Timeline
On 4/3/2018 at 8:45 AM, Jt6 said:

Hi guys. 

My spouse has a B1/B2 visa and is currently not in USA. We have applied for an i130 under F2A with PD 06/23/2017. 

Do you think we could do an AOS and file an EAD? She could reside fly into the USA when needed. 

What do you guys think?

Hi,

AOS is only possible if your spouse is currently in the USA. Once filed, they cannot travel outside USA unless they have advanced parole (which you would file for along with AOS) It sounds like you are wanting her to fly back and forth; not saying thats not possible but she would have to wait until she has AP in hand along with EAD. Even with the AP, CBP can deny her entry into the country if they want to so I'd be very careful if you choose to do that and only let her fly home for emergencies or necessity. Hope this helps.

Edited by Bfree3

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi guys, I have a problem and I need your help. I won't be able to submit my application until next week, but my application should be at the lockbox by April 14 at the latest. I noticed that it takes USCIS 5-10 business days or more to accept the AOS packet. Our I-130 PD is 02/2017. I'm worried that even if our application is at the lockbox by April 14, they'll reject it if they 'accept/receive' it on May and May's visa bulletin wouldn't allow us to file our AOS packet. What's the rule for this? Do you they look at the date of when they look at your AOS packet, or do they look at the day of when your AOS packet was sent? I'm panicking :crying:

I-130 F2A PD (still pending): Feb 21 2017, California Service Center

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: Apr 27 2018

AOS package NOA1: May 6 2018 (e-notification) May 11 2018 (physical mail)

Biometrics Appointment: NOA arrived - May 18 2018, appointment - May 31 2018

Case Ready for Interview: June 7 2018

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

1 hour ago, talad said:

Hi guys, I have a problem and I need your help. I won't be able to submit dmy application until next week, but my application should be at the lockbox by April 14 at the latest. I noticed that it takes USCIS 5-10 business days or more to accept the AOS packet. Our I-130 PD is 02/2017. I'm worried that even if our application is at the lockbox by April 14, they'll reject it if they 'accept/receive' it on May and May's visa bulletin wouldn't allow us to file our AOS packet. What's the rule for this? Do you they look at the date of when they look at your AOS packet, or do they look at the day of when your AOS packet was sent? I'm panicking :crying:

The date they use is the one from the moment they receive it. You should still try to send it with 2 day delivery via US Postal Service, as USCIS does not accept the date it was mailed, but the date they receive it. If you send it the 14th, they would receive it around 16th or 17th, you would hear something by the 28th or 29th.

Anyways, by the 15th we must have a new Visa Bulletin, so there you can see if chart B changes, which in my opinion is highly unlikely.What could change is the authorized use of Chart b for AOS, but still, if in this fiscal year that goes to Chart A for AOS, it is most likely to be in July or August.

However, plan to have USCIS have it on their lockbox at least by April 26th.

In another note, Congratulations @Bfree3!!!!! If the ASC is not that far from you, you should try to go and walk in before, like BenSherry did.

Also, yes, I kind of let that slip. If they wanted to deny it to be filed, there they would have had the perfect excuse. That brings me hope for the F2A AOS filers with pending I-130, a very niche crowd.

Edited by Tenreyro

Timeline

Yea no I’ll just wait for appointment date no worries. @Tenreyro “when you rush the brush, you spill the paint” 😇 I’m trying to work on being good with waiting so this will definitely help.

@talad don’t panic! Send as soon as you can but please learn from my experience and pay the extra for the express shipping 😩.. my package took 7 days to get there and it was supposed to be 3 day shipping. Good luck! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

@Bfree3 and @Tenreyro thank you so much both for your replies and support. I'll post my timeline as soon as I've submitted it. Hope everything goes well for all of us!!! :D

I-130 F2A PD (still pending): Feb 21 2017, California Service Center

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: Apr 27 2018

AOS package NOA1: May 6 2018 (e-notification) May 11 2018 (physical mail)

Biometrics Appointment: NOA arrived - May 18 2018, appointment - May 31 2018

Case Ready for Interview: June 7 2018

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

If any of you guys get a new status on your case, please let me know @QAF2A and @Bfree3 ^^

My next status will probably be "RFIE received" I'm curious to know about any "fingerprints received" status :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.