1,157 posts in this topic

Thanks @Bfree3 & @QAF2A !!!

My wife can not apply for citizenship either, on early 2019 the closest.

No, Visa Bulletin does not relate that much to us, it is indeed interesting to keep an eye on it. It will be important closer to the interview. It is nice to see that it has continued with a somewhat steady 4 weeks movement. 

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
39 minutes ago, QAF2A said:

@Tenreyro I’m glad it was updated fast! 

@Bfree3 About earlier post, we here cannot update the petition because he has some more years to go. 

May 2018 bulletin is out but I guess now that we understand the procedure of AOS process, the visa bulletin does not concern us any more?

My understanding is that the chart A will still determine when you get your green card because it isn’t available to you until that chart is updated. @Tenreyro , correct me if I’m wrong. Chart B no longer applies since we made use of that to send in our AOS package. 

1 minute ago, Bfree3 said:

My understanding is that the chart A will still determine when you get your green card because it isn’t available to you until that chart is updated. @Tenreyro , correct me if I’m wrong. Chart B no longer applies since we made use of that to send in our AOS package. 

Yes, you are correct, that's why I said right now it is interesting to keep an eye on, but it will be important when we get closer to the interview. You can get an interview, and even approved before the Chart A becomes current, but then you would just have to wait until it does.

46 minutes ago, Bhumi said:

Finally I got text message and email notification that they accept my case. 

Here is my timeline 

03/26/2018 :I485, i765, i131, i864  send via USPS. 

03/28/2018 :package received. 

04/10/2018 :Text message and email notification. 

Now waiting for NOA receipt. 

Congrats! Let’s wait together. My PD is 01/FEB/2017

4 hours ago, Bhumi said:

Finally I got text message and email notification that they accept my case. 

Here is my timeline 

03/26/2018 :I485, i765, i131, i864  send via USPS. 

03/28/2018 :package received. 

04/10/2018 :Text message and email notification. 

Now waiting for NOA receipt. 

Congratulations!!!

My I-130 PD is Dec 19, 2016

AOS/EAD/AP  P.D. : March 2, 2018

@QAF2A and  @BenSherry have your cases been updated to say anything about the Biometrics? I have seen several non-F2A cases getting updated to something like "Biometrics received" just a few days after Biometrics, but mine just tells me they received the RFEI, it has not said anything about Biometrics, I wanted to know if it just happened to me.

Good Luck Bfree3 on your appointment on Monday!

Hello guys! 

Thank you so much for creating this thread :)  My case is a bit different, we just discovered i can do AOS

Our i130 PD is May 18 2017, i had a B2 visa (visitor's visa) prior to my marriage, so i used it to come and go to piece out the waiting time, this last time, i just came in 2 weeks ago, just for a few months visits as usual, and then i would be back. But due to some personal unexpected circumstances, we decided that it'd be best if i stay this time. After doing some research and reading your thread guys, i realized we can do AOS, so we went to see the lawyer ASAP to confirm with him and send our AOS package before April ends, it was a shock when he told us we can't AOS because that would be intent,  we explained to him that we didnt have any intent and i can prove it, but he just said, we have to wait at least 60 to 90 days. Of course, he didnt know about F2A AOS either, so i had to explain to him that every month the chart varies, so we'd be just taking a huge risk. Anyways, i hope we get lucky and the filing dates keep moving forward, i feel so desperate right now. But i was so happy reading your journey guys all of you, i hope it keeps going smoothly

May 18, 2017: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A) Adjusting from B1/B2:

July 13, 2018     : AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

July 18, 2018     : NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: July 23th, 2018

July 25, 2018     : Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: August 9th // issue date : July 20th, 2018

August 3, 2018  : Early walk-in for biometrics

August 6, 2018  : Courtesy letter received (I693 was not submitted)

August 7, 2018  : Case is Ready to be Scheduled for an Interview

August 24, 2018: Interview was Scheduled ! Waiting for the letter

August 30, 2018: Interview letter received, Interview scheduled for October 12, 2018 at 2PM

1 hour ago, Holly-ando said:

Hello guys! 

Thank you so much for creating this thread :)  My case is a bit different, we just discovered i can do AOS

Our i130 PD is May 18 2017, i had a B2 visa (visitor's visa) prior to my marriage, so i used it to come and go to piece out the waiting time, this last time, i just came in 2 weeks ago, just for a few months visits as usual, and then i would be back. But due to some personal unexpected circumstances, we decided that it'd be best if i stay this time. After doing some research and reading your thread guys, i realized we can do AOS, so we went to see the lawyer ASAP to confirm with him and send our AOS package before April ends, it was a shock when he told us we can't AOS because that would be intent,  we explained to him that we didnt have any intent and i can prove it, but he just said, we have to wait at least 60 to 90 days. Of course, he didnt know about F2A AOS either, so i had to explain to him that every month the chart varies, so we'd be just taking a huge risk. Anyways, i hope we get lucky and the filing dates keep moving forward, i feel so desperate right now. But i was so happy reading your journey guys all of you, i hope it keeps going smoothly

I would say definitely don't send it right now. A lot of people in this forum say "Intent is only decided at the airport, by a CBP officer" and that's true. Intent is not the word, is misrepresentation, specifically willful misrepresentation. Earlier this year, the State Department updated a regulation for this. It used to be a 30/60 days rule, in which 30 days was automatically "Misrepresentation" and 60 days was reasonable belief of it, and the Intending Immigrant was supposed to prove it was not. However, the now updated 9 FAM 302.9-4(B)(3)(U) specifies that willful misrepresentation is assumed if something like sending an AOS package occurs within 90 days. After them, you are in a more solid ground, you could still be accused of it, but it is tougher. You can consider waiting a few months, and see if after 90 days of your entry the Charts are in your favor. If you are with your partner, you must feel very different, and a lot less desperate. :) Again, in my opinion, if you want to continue this way, wait after the 90 days, not 30 nor 60, full 90.

I feel kind of old here, all of you with PD's in 2017. :lol:

4 hours ago, Tenreyro said:

@QAF2A and  @BenSherry have your cases been updated to say anything about the Biometrics? I have seen several non-F2A cases getting updated to something like "Biometrics received" just a few days after Biometrics, but mine just tells me they received the RFEI, it has not said anything about Biometrics, I wanted to know if it just happened to me.

Good Luck Bfree3 on your appointment on Monday!

Hi I’ve not yet got any undates on any of my filed cases. I’m expecting maybe some updates in 3 weeks? Or when their background check is done. Please consider that now it’s the H1B season and USCIS might be busy with their things😂

We’ll let you know about any update!

1 hour ago, Tenreyro said:

I would say definitely don't send it right now. A lot of people in this forum say "Intent is only decided at the airport, by a CBP officer" and that's true. Intent is not the word, is misrepresentation, specifically willful misrepresentation. Earlier this year, the State Department updated a regulation for this. It used to be a 30/60 days rule, in which 30 days was automatically "Misrepresentation" and 60 days was reasonable belief of it, and the Intending Immigrant was supposed to prove it was not. However, the now updated 9 FAM 302.9-4(B)(3)(U) specifies that willful misrepresentation is assumed if something like sending an AOS package occurs within 90 days. After them, you are in a more solid ground, you could still be accused of it, but it is tougher. You can consider waiting a few months, and see if after 90 days of your entry the Charts are in your favor. If you are with your partner, you must feel very different, and a lot less desperate. :) Again, in my opinion, if you want to continue this way, wait after the 90 days, not 30 nor 60, full 90.

I feel kind of old here, all of you with PD's in 2017. :lol:

@Tenreyro i am less desperate indeed since we are together my partner and I, distance makes everything way worse! But i just thought we're so lucky and blessed and gonna finally be done with this whole thing. of course, now we have no option but to wait untill this intent thing or misrepresentation goes away. I'm just not so hopeful about the filing dates chart after some analyzing i did yesterday, trying to find a pattern, and i had only 2016 and 2017 to analyze since this whole F2A AOS thing started just from October 2015. Analyzing the two years, it shows that the chart usually retrogress from April till October, i really hope that will no be the case since my i94 expires on September. 

Are you all guys on work/ students visas?? no here is a on B1/B2??

July 25, 2018     : Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: August 9th // issue date : July 20th, 2018

August 30, 2018: Interview letter received, Interview scheduled for October 12, 2018 at 2PM

Timeline
20 hours ago, Holly-ando said:

@Tenreyro i am less desperate indeed since we are together my partner and I, distance makes everything way worse! But i just thought we're so lucky and blessed and gonna finally be done with this whole thing. of course, now we have no option but to wait untill this intent thing or misrepresentation goes away. I'm just not so hopeful about the filing dates chart after some analyzing i did yesterday, trying to find a pattern, and i had only 2016 and 2017 to analyze since this whole F2A AOS thing started just from October 2015. Analyzing the two years, it shows that the chart usually retrogress from April till October, i really hope that will no be the case since my i94 expires on September. 

Are you all guys on work/ students visas?? no here is a on B1/B2??

I’m on a b1/b2 visa. 

2 hours ago, Bfree3 said:

I’m on a b1/b2 visa. 

Oh that's some great news! at least someone in a similar situation :)

May i know when did u enter and when did apply please ?? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Holly-ando said:

Oh that's some great news! at least someone in a similar situation :)

May i know when did u enter and when did apply please ?? 

I entered early March and applied in March 😩 but my husband is eligible for citizenship in a few months and the 30/60 rule won’t apply. I wanted to have those papers in no matter what. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.