1,157 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Does everybody have "informed delivery" with usps? If you don't, I highly recommend it. It shows you the mail that will be arriving. very handy tool.FYI

9 minutes ago, Bfree3 said:

Only going off forums I've read previously, your status would be listed as "an intending immigrant" so yes pending but safe to overstay. I don't think you have to maintain the other visa if you don't want to (which would apply to other visas, in certain cases you don't have the luxury of maintaining your status - in the case of my tourist visa, depending how long this process takes, I'm sure i'll end up overstaying anyway but the paperwork is already in). Just my opinion. I didn't file for the AP because i have no intention of leaving or taking any trips any time soon and even with the ap, border patrol can still deny you access. 

As @Bfree3 said, as soon your 485 is in, and after your previous status expires, you are in a limbo state, you are not overstaying, you are just pending adjustment. 

I did file AP, because (God forbids) if I have to travel due to an family emergency, I would like to have the option.

Dec 19, 2016: F2A I-130 Priority Date

AOS with pending I-130 (F2A):

March 2, 2018: AOS Package PD (I-485, EAD, AP)

March 14, 2018: NOA1  / E-Notification // Physical Mail: March 20, 2018

March 17, 2018: Biometric Appt Notice received //  Appointment: April 6th

March 29 RFIE // April 11 USCIS received RFIE response

May 10, 2018: I-130 Approved  :D *But case sent to NVC*

July 11: INFOPASS Appt + Sent Additional Documents

July 20: Case Ready for Interview (Finally!)

August 14: Card being produced //  August 22: Combo Card in hand

11 minutes ago, Bfree3 said:

Does everybody have "informed delivery" with usps? If you don't, I highly recommend it. It shows you the mail that will be arriving. very handy tool.FYI

It can't be activated in my address, I guess my post office has only 'vintage' equipments xD

Timeline

@Tenreyro The AP was "almost" tempting but the way border patrol acted the last time we entered, my husband was dead set on not even leaving again until I have my green card in hand. He would've had a heart attack if they didn't let me through , poor guy. It'll be sad if a family emergency comes up but I can't risk it. 

4 minutes ago, Bfree3 said:

@Tenreyro The AP was "almost" tempting but the way border patrol acted the last time we entered, my husband was dead set on not even leaving again until I have my green card in hand. He would've had a heart attack if they didn't let me through , poor guy. It'll be sad if a family emergency comes up but I can't risk it. 

I get that. In my case they acted one time as if I was carrying something in my luggage. They even sent me to secondary revision. I understand.

I hope no kind of emergency comes up for any of us.

Thanks everybody for your input. I was considering whether to quit my current job(I'm on work visa). I guess the safest choice is to wait for EAD card to be printing to be sure that my application meets the standard. But it is also good to know that while I-485 is pending I do not need to worry about losing my current job.

I also applied for AP for emergencies and sincerely hope with all of you that we do not need to use it.

I just checked the USCIS processing time website, they changed the format and they listed a date you are eligible to call for service request. For example for our I-765 processed at NBC it's going to be 2.5-5 months based on historic data. And only applications before October 23, 2017 are eligible to put in service requests, which is the case that was received 5 months ago from today. I realized that these numbers by no means could be considered as indications on how our cases are going to go(because the samples they used are not recent), just so we know when we can do service requests.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Andrii_I said:

@GiselaMargareta 

I'm pretty sure about the answer but will still ask - both you and your husband are in US, right? 

I'm in the same situation as everyone in this thread except that my spouse (beneficiary) is outside of US. So should not be eligible for AOS

I feel as though the consular processing actually goes faster and for some countries works better than AOS so you are lucky. 

2 hours ago, Bfree3 said:

I feel as though the consular processing actually goes faster and for some countries works better than AOS so you are lucky. 

@Andrii_I Consular Processing is indeed faster. My PD (Dec 19th, 2016) it could be reached via Consular Processing in Dec 2018. But the earliest I can expect would be Jan 2019, but I estimate it would be Feb 2019.

5 hours ago, Andrii_I said:

@GiselaMargareta 

I'm pretty sure about the answer but will still ask - both you and your husband are in US, right? 

I'm in the same situation as everyone in this thread except that my spouse (beneficiary) is outside of US. So should not be eligible for AOS

Hi, yes, we are both in the USA. I have a green card and my husband is here on an E-2 visa.

Anyone that have filed recently, please keep us updated.

Right now, I am waiting for the Biometric Appointment letter, @Bfree3 let me know if you receive yours.

Timeline

Will do as soon as I remove myself from the window patiently waiting for the mailman to bring my NOA lol lol lol so anxious just for my acceptance notices but I'll keep you updated. @Tenreyro

Edited by Bfree3

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I’m still working on our forms, and supporting documentation.. Hopefully, I can file everything by next week! I’m so nervous about making a mistake!

I-130 F2A PD (still pending): Feb 21 2017, California Service Center

AOS package delivered to Lockbox: Apr 27 2018

AOS package NOA1: May 6 2018 (e-notification) May 11 2018 (physical mail)

Biometrics Appointment: NOA arrived - May 18 2018, appointment - May 31 2018

Case Ready for Interview: June 7 2018

EAD New Card being Produced: August 24 2018 (e-notification) August 30 2018 (physical mail)

5 hours ago, Bfree3 said:

Will do as soon as I remove myself from the window patiently waiting for the mailman to bring my NOA lol lol lol so anxious just for my acceptance notices but I'll keep you updated. @Tenreyro

I get the feeling, your will be arriving soon, you'll see.

@talad Good Luck! Any doubt, you can always ask here. We are not experts, but we might have asked ourselves the same question that you now have.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.