3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Benin
Timeline
2 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

If things are taking too long, you could always ask your Senator’s office for help. Don’t be afraid too. They were so happy to help me. 

Yes Thank you

10 hours ago, MsVi2 said:

Yep, I have my congressman and my rep sending requests and they are going unanswered beyond the timeframe they were given to receive a response by.  I'm officially outside of the processing timeframe now. :(

Edit: They never replied to our request to Renew Prima Facie sent late December either.  It's kind of messed up they didn't even respond to that. 

Ask the SENATOR’S office, not the congressman. 

Guys, though a congressman/woman can help, a Senator has more clout/influence.  They are both members of congress, but the Senator’s role has greater impact. A lawyer told me to call the Senator’s office and not a congressman.

I used a congressman in 2015, and I’m still waiting for an answer. I’m sure everyone’s experience is not the same, though. 

I submitted my EAD renewal letter too late, and within a week, I got a response. I’m sure it’s because of the Senator’s office’s assistance. God sent that lawyer to tell me. 

They have my renewal application as being received on Feb 26th, and I got the notice on the 5th. Yesterday I got the notice saying I don’t have to do Biometrics, so it’s safe to safe my card will be produced soon. Even if it doesn’t come soon, I have a letter that extends my work authorization, and I got it in less than 2 weeks, after asking for the Senator’s help. 

A bonus to that is, I put all my case numbers on it, and I got my I-360 approval letter on Mar 7th. The notice said it was approved on Feb 1st, but I never received any correspondence. So, because of the Senator’s inquiry, the touched my file and resent the notice (that is, if they had ever sent it out).

The senator’s office, always answered my calls, and sent me email updates. I haven’t asked them to stop helping, though they achieved what I asked. If they don’t close their inquiry on my behalf, maybe I’ll get an interview date soon 🤷🏾‍♀️ My priority date is August 2015 (from my previous I-485). 

Ask your Senator for help (your state has two)....skip the congressman. I just hope yours is as good as mine. I’m in Michigan. 

Sandra or anyone who might have knowledge of this, please help:

I arrived in the U.S. on k-1 visa when I was 25years old. I married my U.S. citizen spouse within 90 days and within 90 days of arrival, filed for I-485. I am now 27 and just got my green card via VAWA. 

I was never out of status but had pending I-485. 

As a male, was i supposed to register with Seletive Services before getting my green card? 

Selective services’ website is very confusing. 

Thank you! 

Edited by RdMngo
Typo

13 minutes ago, RdMngo said:

Sandra or anyone who might have knowledge of this, please help:

I arrived in the U.S. on k-1 visa when I was 25years old. I married my U.S. citizen spouse within 90 days and within 90 days of arrival, filed for I-485. I am now 27 and just got my green card via VAWA. 

I was never out of status but had pending I-485. 

As a male, was i supposed to register with Seletive Services before getting my green card? 

Selective services’ website is very confusing. 

Thank you! 

Please ignore this question!! Thank you! 

Filed: Other Timeline
5 hours ago, FocusedFemale said:

Ask the SENATOR’S office, not the congressman. 

Ah, I always mix my titles up, when I say congressman I meant my Senator, and they have already been helping me since December, it's because of them that I finally got my first RFE beginning of January, they've started bugging the Congressional Liaison AGAIN after we've got no responses to our requests. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

If i understood correct, if i would get a notification for a Prima Face approval , i would be able to get a work permit in case i submitted all 3 at the same time (360,765, 485) ?

Filed: Other Timeline
1 hour ago, NiceGuyXLE said:

If i understood correct, if i would get a notification for a Prima Face approval , i would be able to get a work permit in case i submitted all 3 at the same time (360,765, 485) ?

No, 765 is only approved after I-360 approval if it was filed under category c(31), if you submitted 485  and you filed 765 under category c(9) then it could be approved before your I-360 is approved. 

Your Prima Facie letter states that it can be used to apply/receive public benefits.  Such as medicaid and Snap(food stamps), ect.   Depending on your state, you may get more or less benefits.

Edited by MsVi2

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

So you guys are talking about asking the senator for help if things take too long, knowing that my receipt date is December 21st 2016 I feel I'm still in the normal 15/16 months waiting time period.. or should I contact him now? And how do I do this ?

43 minutes ago, Miracle28 said:

So you guys are talking about asking the senator for help if things take too long, knowing that my receipt date is December 21st 2016 I feel I'm still in the normal 15/16 months waiting time period.. or should I contact him now? And how do I do this ?

My receipt date is the same as yours. I would say we should wait another month before contacting the senator. Not all November filers on this forum have heard yet and not really anybody who filed early December on this forum either. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, iwillsurvive said:

My receipt date is the same as yours. I would say we should wait another month before contacting the senator. Not all November filers on this forum have heard yet and not really anybody who filed early December on this forum either. 

That's how I felt too, thanks for your answer 😃

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
11 hours ago, Miracle28 said:

You should contact  your Congress person. IT'S  not normal 15 months  waiting  time  period. Google  congress pwraon and you will find the one in yout area.

On 3/14/2018 at 10:01 PM, Triumphant said:

Hello all,

I applied for EAD renewal in September 2017...still no update. Any one else with a similar timeline? I'm freaking out!!!

@Triumphant I applied Nov too only got a rfe so far nothing more..are you in NYC? I was told it' taking 5 months now ...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/14/2018 at 6:47 PM, survivor1 said:

Hi guys, my journey is finally over! Had Interview 9:00am at federal plaza. Was in and out within 5 minutes.  I was asked name, address, my son's information and that was it🙏. Officer said have a good day rest of your day and he'll recommend  for approval. By the time I exited the building I got the welcome text! Thankyou to everyone who've shared their journey and most of all a special thankyou to Sandra for answering all my questions. Good luck everyone....

*Applied for vawa in July of 2016

*Prima facie September of 2016

*Approval February of 2017

Due to circumstances I didn't send in i485 right away.  Submitted i485 June of 2017

*fingerprints done July of 2017, got work permit/drivers license

*interview notice (interview was 7 days after notice) 

*interview today the 14th and got welcome text right after interview. All the praises to the almighty. 

You are so lucky!!! 

Glad for you!! 

I had my interview in January 17th, and the IO said it was approved but until now I did not received the approval letter...nothings. 

It’s  frustating... 

it’s scared me...maybe they changed their mind??? 

I already asked my lawyer to check it, but you know, when they get all the money they don’t care about our case anymore. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.