3,014 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Behuman said:

Sandranj, my receipt date is February 13th 2017. Am I in normal processing time or should I ask my congressman to enquire on my behalf? 

can i contact my congressperson without telling my  lawyer about my vawa  or do i need to ask my lawyers permission ??

Timeline
2 minutes ago, rza said:

can i contact my congressperson without telling my  lawyer about my vawa  or do i need to ask my lawyers permission ??

i filed January 13 2017 is it outside of processing timeline @sandranj

Edited by rza

Timeline
1 minute ago, iwillsurvive said:

@rza @Behuman December 2016 filers on this forum don’t have a response yet, so I don’t think VSC would prioritize 2017 cases even with congressman inquiry. 

thnks:)

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/18/2018 at 5:57 AM, FocusedFemale said:

Guys, though a congressman/woman can help, a Senator has more clout/influence.  They are both members of congress, but the Senator’s role has greater impact. A lawyer told me to call the Senator’s office and not a congressman.

I used a congressman in 2015, and I’m still waiting for an answer. I’m sure everyone’s experience is not the same, though. 

I submitted my EAD renewal letter too late, and within a week, I got a response. I’m sure it’s because of the Senator’s office’s assistance. God sent that lawyer to tell me. 

They have my renewal application as being received on Feb 26th, and I got the notice on the 5th. Yesterday I got the notice saying I don’t have to do Biometrics, so it’s safe to safe my card will be produced soon. Even if it doesn’t come soon, I have a letter that extends my work authorization, and I got it in less than 2 weeks, after asking for the Senator’s help. 

A bonus to that is, I put all my case numbers on it, and I got my I-360 approval letter on Mar 7th. The notice said it was approved on Feb 1st, but I never received any correspondence. So, because of the Senator’s inquiry, the touched my file and resent the notice (that is, if they had ever sent it out).

The senator’s office, always answered my calls, and sent me email updates. I haven’t asked them to stop helping, though they achieved what I asked. If they don’t close their inquiry on my behalf, maybe I’ll get an interview date soon 🤷🏾‍♀️ My priority date is August 2015 (from my previous I-485). 

Ask your Senator for help (your state has two)....skip the congressman. I just hope yours is as good as mine. I’m in Michigan. 

When did you submit your I360, your receipt notice date?

1 hour ago, MsSara said:

When did you submit your I360, your receipt notice date?

September 2016. 

Hi Everyone, 

Here’s my timeline so far:

14 Sep 2106: Mailed I360, I485, I765

19 Sep 2016: Receipt notice- I360 fee waived 

23 Sep 2016: Receipt in mail, along with     original documents for I485, I765 (insufficient fees). I thought the single I912 was good for all the applications.

27 Sep 2016: Prima Facie letter 

Feb 20, 2018: Contacted Senator’s Office for assistance. 

Feb 28, 2018: Update On I-360 case....”Initial Review”. It said they received correspondence. I suppose they were contacted by the Senator’s office....because I already received notice when I responded to RFE for background check. Plus, the I-360 wouldn’t update because of the receiving my EAD renewal application, right? 

Feb 28, 2018: All my documents expired. I am now out of a job...no one to blame but myself. I just pray I get my new EAD soon. 

Mar 10, 2018: Notice: Fees waived for I-765

Mar 7,, 2018: I-360 Petition Approval Notice!!! 

Mar 14, 2018: Notice – Case transferred to NBC 

Praise be to God!!!! 

I will update whenever I receive something else. I hope my timeline helps someone, as much as the information I've researched online, as helped me. 

14 minutes ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Everyone, 

Here’s my timeline so far:

14 Sep 2106: Mailed I360, I485, I765

19 Sep 2016: Receipt notice- I360 fee waived 

23 Sep 2016: Receipt in mail, along with     original documents for I485, I765 (insufficient fees). I thought the single I912 was good for all the applications.

27 Sep 2016: Prima Facie letter 

Feb 20, 2018: Contacted Senator’s Office for assistance. 

Feb 28, 2018: Update On I-360 case....”Initial Review”. It said they received correspondence. I suppose they were contacted by the Senator’s office....because I already received notice when I responded to RFE for background check. Plus, the I-360 wouldn’t update because of the receiving my EAD renewal application, right? 

Feb 28, 2018: All my documents expired. I am now out of a job...no one to blame but myself. I just pray I get my new EAD soon. 

Mar 10, 2018: Notice: Fees waived for I-765

Mar 7,, 2018: I-360 Petition Approval Notice!!! 

Mar 14, 2018: Notice – Case transferred to NBC 

Praise be to God!!!! 

I will update whenever I receive something else. I hope my timeline helps someone, as much as the information I've researched online, as helped me. 

@FocusedFemale why did you contact senator and not congressman? Do you thing senator is better ?

17 minutes ago, NICOLA2017 said:

@FocusedFemale why did you contact senator and not congressman? Do you thing senator is better ?

Hi Nicola, Senator has more impact. His/Her office is higher, though they are both members of congress. 

19 minutes ago, FocusedFemale said:

Hi Nicola, Senator has more impact. His/Her office is higher, though they are both members of congress. 

@FocusedFemale ok because I contacted my congressman and it really was no help ...i sent an email to my senator today I'll do how it goes thank you 

1 hour ago, NICOLA2017 said:

@FocusedFemale ok because I contacted my congressman and it really was no help ...i sent an email to my senator today I'll do how it goes thank you 

I called my Senator’s office. Try calling tomorrow and see. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.