TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jo Së said:

My wife received an 18 month extension letter as well. 

The weird thing is that the extension itself will expire in about 2 weeks.   Her conditional card has an expiration date of 12 Feb 2017, 18 months will be right around 12 August.  So what is the point of even sending another extension that is due to expire in less than a month?  

Ok that’s all weird!! So confusing. 

Too stressful to try and figure it all out. 

I have my passport stamped till next year but this letter will expire in October 2018. 🤷🏽‍♀️  I would say, atleast it means our files r being looked at but Goddaughter alreadybreceived their green card. Just all weird! And very confusing! Smh

10 hours ago, braveheart97xxx said:

Congratulations !!!!

So,  I really pray that this is not a glitch!!!!

Today, July 30, 2018.  I received an email of a change of status in my application for receipt number xxxx-xxxxx and .................

CARD /DOCUMENT PRODUCTION.  !!!! we orderred your new card and will mail it to the address you gavve us....  etc... etc.....

NOW!!!!!  please tell me this is it !!!!      PLEASE!!!!!

Me toooooooo!!!! 🙂  do you know how long it take to get the card from this status? A week, two... or again waiting for months?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
23 hours ago, erinandahmet said:

That totally depends on the local office. Many of them are getting more backed up these days making it slower. It used to be a good idea to apply for the N-400 right away, but now it might not be. It basically slows down the ROC and then if your local office is slow, you wait until they are ready to do the interview since many are combined. Otherwise, they can't adjudicate your N-400 without your ROC being approved. 

They are doing mid to late Feb ROCs at CSC now. 

in many of the cases i am aware of (mine included), applying for N400 definitely pushed the ROC on the fast track. My ROC was moved to NBC (likely to be combined) in May, and I had the combo interview on July 10. GC arrived in the mail July 26 (why they even bothered to print it, I don't know), and my oath is on August 14. I could've still been waiting for the GC, and now I'm almost a citizen. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maya2015 said:

Me toooooooo!!!! 🙂  do you know how long it take to get the card from this status? A week, two... or again waiting for months?

took about a week for me, from "in production" to "shipped".

18 minutes ago, evapaula said:

in many of the cases i am aware of (mine included), applying for N400 definitely pushed the ROC on the fast track. My ROC was moved to NBC (likely to be combined) in May, and I had the combo interview on July 10. GC arrived in the mail July 26 (why they even bothered to print it, I don't know), and my oath is on August 14. I could've still been waiting for the GC, and now I'm almost a citizen. 

HI evapaula

Congrats,

I have received an interview letter for my N-400 but my ROC is still pending. The letter I received didn't mention anything pertaining to my I-751. 

So, in your case, I would like to ask you if you knew you were gonna have a combo interview before ? I mean, did they let you know before that you will be having a joint interview?

Thank you.

Timeline
20 minutes ago, badouba18 said:

HI evapaula

Congrats,

I have received an interview letter for my N-400 but my ROC is still pending. The letter I received didn't mention anything pertaining to my I-751. 

So, in your case, I would like to ask you if you knew you were gonna have a combo interview before ? I mean, did they let you know before that you will be having a joint interview?

Thank you.

Thank you!

No, my interview letter mentioned nothing about ROC or bringing my husband, but I took him with me regardless, based on other people's experience. 

Sure enough, when the officer called me, he wasn't aware yet that this would be a combo interview and told my husband to wait outside. At that point I mentioned my pending ROC and he congratulated me for being informed and thinking ahead :)

Edited by evapaula

14 minutes ago, evapaula said:

Thank you!

No, my interview letter mentioned nothing about ROC or bringing my husband, but I took him with me regardless, based on other people's experience. 

Sure enough, when the officer called me, he wasn't aware yet that this would be a combo interview and told my husband to wait outside. At that point I mentioned my pending ROC and he congratulated me for being informed and thinking ahead :)

Awesome, that was smart of you.

Thank you, 

I will definitely bring my wife with me and see if they will proceed with a Combo interview.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everybody!

First of all, congrats to all who've been approved last couple of weeks!

Second, I also got the "new" extension letter that, in my case, will be good for amazing 28 days, woohoo! 😬

Other than that, still waiting...very frustrated and tired of this whole process.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, JReed said:

Hello everybody!

First of all, congrats to all who've been approved last couple of weeks!

Second, I also got the "new" extension letter that, in my case, will be good for amazing 28 days, woohoo! 😬

Other than that, still waiting...very frustrated and tired of this whole process.

Cheers!

care to take a picture of your "new" extension notice and post here?  would like to see how it words

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
4 hours ago, gc@gc said:

care to take a picture of your "new" extension notice and post here?  would like to see how it words

There you go, I hope you can read it...it is hard to make it flat for the picture, lol.

I must confess that I got all excited when I saw Lady Liberty's arm and then I opened the envelope and it was a great disappointment...oh well.

P.s.: it came from Nebraska. 

20180731_223129.jpg

Edited by JReed
Add a p.s. line

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Guys 

what happens with the Case Status situation? I am so tired of waiting. Anyone here from Seattle office for their N400?

I129F sent : 20/12/2013

I129f received: 26/1/2013

NOA1 notification: 01/01/2014 heart.gifheart.gif

Alien registration number changed :03/01/2014

NOA2 notification: 04/02/2014

Case number: 14/02/2014heart.gifheart.gif

Embassy recieved: 19/02/2014

Fee paid: 26/02/2014

P3 recieved: 03/03/2014

P3 sent: 04/03/2014

Interview day : 07/05/2014goofy.gifgoofy.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.