TBoneTX

I-751 February 2017 Filers, Part II

2,305 posts in this topic

Haven't been on here for a while. Anyone know if people who have already applied for n400 are seeing approvals on their ROCs?

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

On 7/24/2018 at 8:01 PM, Kristen-Matt said:

An update for those trawling through the boards for similar information.

My case was filed February 23 2017 (or received that date) in the California office.

On June 6th 2018 I got a notification my case was being transferred to the local office in Texas.

Yesterday (July 23rd 2018) I received a NOA letter in the mail letting me know i was approved and my 10 Yr GreenCard was being produced. I received no email, or text notifications and on the website it still only has the move to Texas office listed.

I assume that the Texas office isn't as equipped to update the online component.

Since it took so long, I got an I-551 stamp in my passport a few months ago (when my extension letter expired), in order to work and leave the country.

My card arrived the 26th July!!!!

4 hours ago, corvusheart said:

Haven't been on here for a while. Anyone know if people who have already applied for n400 are seeing approvals on their ROCs?

I have a pending ROC. I filed back in February 2017.  The last update I received was when it got transferred to Nebraska  on May 3rd, 2018. So, no approval yet on my side.

I have already received an interview notice for my N-400, which will take place at the end of August. I just hope they do a joint interview because it looks like they can't approve the N-400 while my ROC is pending. 

Good Luck. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 7/26/2018 at 10:37 PM, santiagosilva said:

Are there any updates from the CSC filers, or are they still at 0% ?

ErinandAhmet approved 7/10/18 CSC

I updated my timeline but whomever is updating the list has not. I think about 50% to 60% of CSC February filers have been approved based on my searches. they are working on the 2nd half of February. 

On 7/26/2018 at 10:37 PM, santiagosilva said:

Timeline
On 7/25/2018 at 10:06 PM, elin123 said:

Guy, I need your opinion. So I'm checking 500 cases on Case Tracker app. 250 before and 250 after my case number...

Out of 500 cases, 19 got RFEs, 289 were approved, and 308 are cases that were either REALLY transferred to a new office or with that Feb 26/27/28, March 4/5 glitch. 

There are a lot of cases that were approved AFTER me! Why do they skip some cases? Do you have any idea? I also know that there are some approvals in March (CSC).

They do not process cases in numerical order. When they receive the cases, they put them in batches into storage. Eventually, they open your container and work on those cases. The batches are generally in order but not literally in order. Think of the thousands of cases they receive. Then when they do divide the work, some workers are faster than others, some cases are whole families, some people's background checks take a long time, some cases are easy and complete, while others are not. Sometimes they find a batch that has old cases in it, which is why they occasionally retrogress to an earlier date or seemingly make no progress. 

ROC cases that were transferred seem to have been many of the early approvals and RFEs, and then also ones that are not being worked on anymore because they filed for N-400. It also seems like the recent workload transfers are going a bit slower now too. So there are often reasons why certain cases are not being approved. Remember each case is different. 

It is a good sign that they are working around your date though. We were approved 7/10 and the card came very quickly. Something to look forward to. :)

Timeline
4 hours ago, corvusheart said:

That totally depends on the local office. Many of them are getting more backed up these days making it slower. It used to be a good idea to apply for the N-400 right away, but now it might not be. It basically slows down the ROC and then if your local office is slow, you wait until they are ready to do the interview since many are combined. Otherwise, they can't adjudicate your N-400 without your ROC being approved. 

They are doing mid to late Feb ROCs at CSC now. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all

so just an update. I received an email saying there was movement and it was a name and birth date change. Then another email, they reviewed my biometrics. 

Now today I received an extension letter in the mail. Extending my green card for another 18 months. 

Kinda weird ... right? 

4 hours ago, byrd_75 said:

Hey all

so just an update. I received an email saying there was movement and it was a name and birth date change. Then another email, they reviewed my biometrics. 

Now today I received an extension letter in the mail. Extending my green card for another 18 months. 

Kinda weird ... right? 

I received the same letter today, extending my green card for another 18 months, however, I have been approved and received my 10years green card back in early June. This is confusing me as well. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, Kristen-Matt said:

My card arrived the 26th July!!!!

Congratulations !!!!

So,  I really pray that this is not a glitch!!!!

Today, July 30, 2018.  I received an email of a change of status in my application for receipt number xxxx-xxxxx and .................

CARD /DOCUMENT PRODUCTION.  !!!! we orderred your new card and will mail it to the address you gavve us....  etc... etc.....

NOW!!!!!  please tell me this is it !!!!      PLEASE!!!!!

May 24 2014 - Got Married in Florida

Preparing paperworks AOS from B2 (visitor)

July 18 2014 received mail according to USPS

July 24 2014 - email notification package received signed J chyba .. ;)

July 30 2014 - Received NOA's by mail

August 11 2014 - Received I-797C (Biometric appointment scheduled for August 22, 2014)

August 12 2014 - Walk-in Biometrics successful (Orlando Office)

August 14 2014 - Requested USCIS hotline to expedite EAD

August 18 2014 - Received email from USCIS to submit pertinent document to support expedite EAD

August 20 2014 - Submitted "Job offer letter" via fax

August 25 2014 - I-765 EAD moved to "Production Status " and will be mailed within 30 days

September 5, 2014 - Advance Parole and EAD combo card received in mail

----

April 07 , 2015 - USCIS Interview date

April 08,2015 - Received emai " Card production , green card on the way " - I-130 approved .;)

13 hours ago, erinandahmet said:

That totally depends on the local office. Many of them are getting more backed up these days making it slower. It used to be a good idea to apply for the N-400 right away, but now it might not be. It basically slows down the ROC and then if your local office is slow, you wait until they are ready to do the interview since many are combined. Otherwise, they can't adjudicate your N-400 without your ROC being approved. 

They are doing mid to late Feb ROCs at CSC now. 

I wish we hadn't filed for n400 when we did. If we hadn't our ROC would be being approved right around now. What a way to slow down the process. MN filers.

- I am the US Sponsor-

Removal of Conditions (pending)

NOA1 - 2/27/2017

Biometrics - 3/22/2017

Citizenship

NOA1 - 3/19/2018

pokemon-signature-278b875.jpg

23 hours ago, DesiCan said:

I-751 Feb 2017 CSC filer (CA at the time of filing)

N-400 April 2018 filer (now in TX)

Got an email early morning that case is still being reviewed. No action required from your side. This was probably on my N-400 case.

Then in Informed Delivery, I see this.

What could it be?

Whatcoulditbe.png

So it turned out that it wasn't an approval letter afterall.

They sent me another Receipt Letter mentioning that in addition to the previous letter you have received that extended your PR to tenure of one year after expiration of your GC, this letter extends it further out 6 months. So it will serves as a letter that authorizes your stay for 18 months from the date of expiry mentioned on your GC.

I'm sad. I don't know if anyone else received a second letter of receipt on their ROC or am I a special case?

1 hour ago, DesiCan said:

So it turned out that it wasn't an approval letter afterall.

They sent me another Receipt Letter mentioning that in addition to the previous letter you have received that extended your PR to tenure of one year after expiration of your GC, this letter extends it further out 6 months. So it will serves as a letter that authorizes your stay for 18 months from the date of expiry mentioned on your GC.

I'm sad. I don't know if anyone else received a second letter of receipt on their ROC or am I a special case?

I received the same mail yesterday. I’m from VSC

16 hours ago, byrd_75 said:

Kinda weird ... right? 

11 hours ago, Goddaughter said:

I received the same letter today, extending my green card for another 18 months, however, I have been approved and received my 10years green card back in early June. This is confusing me as well. 

My wife received an 18 month extension letter as well. 

The weird thing is that the extension itself will expire in about 2 weeks.   Her conditional card has an expiration date of 12 Feb 2017, 18 months will be right around 12 August.  So what is the point of even sending another extension that is due to expire in less than a month?  

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.